“Our Experience @ C.Williams Guest House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Williams Guest Houses

Williams Guest Houses
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Williams Guest Houses
52 Hope Road | 52-54 Hope Rd, Kingston, Jamaica   |
Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Kingston
New York City, New York
“Our Experience @ C.Williams Guest House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

First & foremost, Thank you Mr. Williams for your utmost hospitality, you personally came to meet me and my B/F Kenroy & chatted with us, which just created a more of an impression.
The House was very nice, comfortable & when it came to the kitchen, was BIG and Spacious. I cooked for my hubby pretty much at ease...the Maid provided everything we needed or asked for and she herself, was wonderful..Very polite staff and the surrounding areas were kept impressively Nice! Once again, TY Mr Williams for your hospitality and for providing a nice place for me and Ken to enjoy.....and we intend to come back some time very, very soon
Sincerely, Darlene & Kenroy

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Odense, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Our family prepared our short stay in Jamaica 23.4.-26.4.2011 very carefully. We came to know Mr. Crafton Williams via a Danish newspaper, telling us, that Kingston is not much more worse to stay in than other big towns in the world...
We had many wishes, as my wife was born on Jamaica of Danish parents in 1953- so there were quite some places, we would like to visit. We are deeply greatful for the service, extended to us by Mr. Crafton Williams- and our very good driver Orwille- and Norma i- in the kitchen!
Based on our wishes, Mr. Crafton Williams planned our trip around in Kingston, as well as to Dunn´s falls and Ochio Rios- and to the Bob Marley Mausoleum!. In Kingston we saw: the Bob Marley Museum,Devon House, Port Royal- plus ofcourse all the places,to where my wife is related!
We are very, very happy for this visit to Jamaica- and we are very tempted to come back to Jamaica again !

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
The Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Had been travelling to Jamaica for my sister's graduation and searched the net and found Williamss Guest Houses. Contacted Mr. Williams and from the onset, found that he was courteous and very helpful. Something you always look for when booking somewhere you don't know. Had many correspondence with Mr. Williams which assisted me in confirming the Williams Guest Houses was the place. Reserving, paying our deposit and everything was simple. We booked our three nights and went to Jamaica, not knowing what we were going to get but when we got there we fell in love at first site. The house was clean, comfortable and fully equipped with all that we needed. The grounds were also properly kept and the staff were the best. We felt secure and at home and enjoyed our short time at this place. Would for sure be our place of stay on our return trips to Jamaica. Thank you Mr. Williams and staff for a short but wonderful time. I would highly recommend Williams Guest House.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Jax Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Williams Guest House at 23 Ligeneua was reasonably priced, clean, and very quiet. I was pleased at the service level and comfortable with the degree of security. It is located very near to Sovereign Shopping Centre which came in quite handy. Keep in mind that it is a guest house and not a hotel. Food service is not part of the normal range of services. I did arrange for breakfasts to be provided and the cook did a fantastic job with preparation. However the shopping was not done with an eye towards keeping costs down, and I got stuck with the most expensive coffee known to man! But for our purposes of staying in Kingston and being near relatives, it served us remarkably well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

The apt. was nice enough, in an upscale area of the city, in a small complex with a pool. We were shocked to find virtually no kitchen utensils, pots, dishes. There were 2 spoons, a couple of cups and plates. (and six of us.) We had to cook in what looked like a baking pan and take shifts eating. Worst of all, our cab, arranged by the owner, never came to pick us up and bring us to the airport at 4 am for our 6 am flight. We were panicking, afraid we'd miss the flight. We eventually woke the guard who woke the housekeeper who called for other cabs.(they drove exceedingly fast, and we made the flight.)
We expected a call or email of apology from Mr. Williams, which never came. When I emailed him, he was defensive and said he always called his guests to follow up about a week after their stay.(in this case it wasn't appropriate to wait that long) and when I commented about the lack of kitchen items, he laid the blame on me, saying we should have asked, that' he'd told us to ask the housekeeper if we needed anything. I've stayed in many rental apts and houses (including 2 others on this trip) and have never had the kitchen unstocked, with the expectation that we needed to ask for things. It never occurred to us to do so. Sadly, I would not recommend this place to others. If the owner had made any kind of attempt to apologize or rectify the situation I would feel differently.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Bermuda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at William Guest Houses over this past Christmas break. The Apartment was charming, but too overpriced for what it really was. There was the occasional Roach, and rarely proper running water. Each day our group was forced to catch water in little basins provided and get a glorified "soldier bath". For the price being charged, you would be comfortable to stay at a hotel.

• Stayed December 2009
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Mr Williams Liguanea apartment for 2 nights (2 & 3 Nov)
Prior to that I had been liaising with Mr Williams for about a year trying my luck to stay at the Kingsgate complex - located right next to the Bob Marley museum (my sole purpose for the Kingston visit)
Staying at the Liguanea apartment was no disappointment. The complex has 24 hour security and a live in housekeeper.
Our apartment was clean, spacious and serviced daily. There's free cable, wifi, aircon in the bedrooms and a swimming pool in the garden area. Each entry/exit point of the apartment has security padlocked doors - adding to the feel of security.
Besides the apartment, Mr Crafton himself is very approachable and offers tour packages. We took a Kingston tour package - covering Port Royal, Jablum coffee factory, Kingston town tour (Emancipation Park), Tuff Gong Studios & Bob Marley Museum (10 mins from Liguanea) amongst other small stop overs. He organized a trusty driver - Mikey, who arrived early and stayed as late as we needed.
Cost was US$250 for the tour package and US$80 a night for the en-suite room. The apartment has two bedrooms and you can choose to share or have the other room locked and utilize one room only, like we did.
Overall we had a really good experience which was made possible by dealing with the right people in town with the local know how - who namely was Mr Crafton Williams.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Williams Guest Houses? Share your experiences!