“Outstanding value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
North Vancouver, Canada
“Outstanding value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a lovely, serene, immaculately clean hotel. The staff provides outstanding service. Here is an example: on the first morning of our stay, my husband ate breakfast at the onsite restaurant and placed an order for my breakfast to be delivered to our room. On every morning thereafter, without being prompted, the waiter asked my husband if he would like them to prepare my breakfast and deliver it to our room. And every morning's breakfast was slightly different, with different fruits, different flavours of yogurt, and different breads. We liked everything about the Knutsford Court Hotel, and would definitely stay there again. The only tiny drawback, from our point of view, was the lack of elevators. When you check in, unless you are going to have a ground floor room, do ask for a bellman to carry your luggage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Almonte, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was our first visit to the Knutsford for an all too brief stay of two nights. Our room with balcony was on the 2nd floor overlooking the courtyard--not large but with good comfortable beds and a clean new bathroom with shower. After a long drive from the north coast and a busy day of appointments the following day, it was a joy to spend our two evenings dining al fresco on Jamaican cuisine. The stars, toe-nail moon and tropical breezes made for delightful evening. The continental breakfast was a nice surprise since it included hot breakfast sausages and callaloo quiche as well as the usual fruit and a variety of breads and muffins. The proximity to the New Kingston business area made the hotel easily accessible from the main thoroughfares and the ample secure parking was very much appreciated. Staff were pleasant and service was top-notch. More great memories . .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mt Vernon ,NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

If this hotel can get the money to renovate, It could be a gem. This hotel was very plain. Yes, it had some flowers but not enough. Since it is in the city of Kingston, It would have been nice if the hotel could make you have a "tropical serene moment ". The workers were very nice but I think the front desk people could get better customer service training. There was not a line of people and we had to wait to be acknowledge to get help to check in. Also since the hotel does not have elevators, I believe we could have been asked if we needed help with our bags. The gym equipment needs to be updated and serviced. The breakfast was ordinary & the dinner lackluster. The standard room was clean and had a decent amount of cable channels to keep you occupied. The pool was very small (I think it should be bigger especially since it's not a beach front property). As previously stated, If they did do some renovations for instance new paint ,colorful flowers, have nightly entertainment, have a volley ball or tennis court, have game room with pool table, ping pong , etc, business center, and much more . Maybe they can write to Hotel Impossible for some help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel was clean , rooms were good size. The staff were friendly but the hotel lacked variety. If one is staying for more than a few days then you can get quite bored with the selection of food at the hotel. The hotel itself lacked activity. Good for short business trips.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was my second time in jamaica, this experience was better than the first. When I got to the gate of the hotel I wasn't sure I wanted to stay there. But once I walked inside the courtyard I felt a sense of relief. It looked beautiful and was clean. I checked into my room without no problem. I stayed in room 2206 facing inside the yard, my room was clean, nice size bed, dresser chair, tv on wall, clean bathroom with balcony. As each day went by i was more and more comfortable, people were very friendly, food was good,pool was nice, service was good. I went for walks every morning in the business district and felt safe. Things I didnt like was the room door was loose its not the proper fit and it smelled musty in the hallways and the continental breakfast was not the greatest need to change the breakfast menu. My overall experience was good.

Room Tip: facing the yard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

While visiting Kingston, we recently stayed at the Knutsford so we had a good home base in the middle of everything. We loved the location and found it safe and in walking distance to restaurants and stores in New Kingston and a short drive to the water and other areas in and around Kingston. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The a/c worked too well and I found, if anything, it was a bit too cold in certain areas of the hotel. The restaurant was always freezing but I learned to wear jeans and enjoyed the continental breakfast provided every morning. We also had a nice dinner one night at the hotel restaurant. The staff were very helpful and check in and check out was quick and easy. Finally, me and my partner both had some work we had to do one morning and the free wi-fi and set up of the room was great for dealing with emergency business matters. The one complaint I would make is that the room is no where near soundproof and you can hear everything going on next door to you or in the hallway. This did not adversly affect our stay but if you are a light sleeper and have noisy neighbours, it could be a problem. For us, the stay met all our expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Absolutely Wonderful Experience :) Oh sure a person could "pick" or "compare" but, come on, it's Kingston JA, all the staff were amazing, friendly, helpful and really great to deal with, the room was clean, the food was great, and the respect shown was also received ten fold. If you would like to experience Kingston in a safe, friendly environment then this Hotel is for you. I will be returning as soon as I can. To All Staff - Take really good care, be safe, healthy & happy, I miss you all so much, hope to see you very soon, Karen

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Knutsford Court Hotel? Share your experiences!