“Acceptable and Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
Hartford, Connecticut
“Acceptable and Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

I selected Christar Villas as home base for my first visit to Kingston. In fact, it was my first visit to Jamaica. Upon arrival at the hotel, the surrounding paved/parking area, enclosing security wall, minimal greenery and a lack of landscaping made it visually uninteresting. It was unclear if the two non-uniformed men "hanging around" near the entrance were support staff or passers-by who came on the property to relax. The woman at the front desk was helpful and permitted me to view a one bedroom and efficiency unit before selecting a room. I chose the efficiency as it afforded me more open space, a larger refrigerator and stove than the one bedroom. The room, kitchenette, bathroom, bed and furniture were neat and clean. Air conditioning was quiet and efficient. In general, I was comfortable and satisfied with the room. Available network and premium channels on the cable TV kept me up to date with the latest news and sports from the US. Concerns about security lessened after looking around the property. The second floor open air restaurant offered a nice panoramic view of the surrounding area and mountains. Staff was courteous. I was generally away from the property during my 5 day visit. Returning each night, I was greeted by the sounds of reggae and soul music emanating from the bar/lounge area behind the restaurant. It wasn't overbearing and song selection satisfied my tastes. Sitting by the pool was relaxing. Christar Villas was not typical of my normal hotel selection as it was not a beach front resort, but I found it to be a comfortable place in the city to rest my head, have a meal, listen to evening music, and enjoy the company of a friend that I came to visit. I would consider it for future visits.

Stayed January 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

i enjoyed my stay at christar. the staff was so kind and friendly. the laundry and front desk made me feel homey.. the rooms were lovely done and just the atmosphere made me want to stay for a very long time. it was a shame that i was on my honeymoon 4 just 4 days!!.. i stayed in a lovely room with a jacucci , internet access and gym equipment. room service was excellent .. and i love my own kitchen so i was happy that i had a small kitchen in ma room which was lovely!! And it is better than pegasus and hilton although its smaller and less amenities the overall service and comfort is so much better i would go bac if i went to jamaica again.... and what made it even better was that all the stores and malls were in touch.. with less than 5 min worth of walk New kingston down teh road where i went to night clubs etc.

• Liked — The lovely rooms
  • Disliked — not sure
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Crawfordville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2006

My husband, a couple of friends and I stayed here for 2 nights. We paid 180US for a 2 bedroom 1 bath villa with a balcony facing the pool. The property has great potential but right now it is not up to standards for the price charged. It needs a variety of renovations starting with the villas. Its time for new furnishing and decorations. Also the ac unit stopped working in one of the bedrooms. The pool was unacceptable. It needed a good cleaning. And by the way, don't order a burger from their restaurant. Jamaica doesn't specialize in beef and thats all I'll say about that. The staff was very friendly. The whole place is just average but the location is central and close to restuarants, shopping and the Bob Marley Museum.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Christar Villas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Christar Villas

Address: 99a Hope Road, Kingston 6, Jamaica
Location: Caribbean > Jamaica > Kingston Parish > Kingston
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
Hotel Class:3 star — Christar Villas 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Christar Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Christar Villas Hotel Kingston
Christar Hotel Kingston
Christar Villas Jamaica/Kingston

If you own or manage Christar Villas, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.