“A relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Kingston B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We actually stayed here for 2 nights in Oct 2011. Oliver kindly met us just outside Kingston airport and we followed him up to the house. Pool house was perfect for the 4 of us (2 adults , 2 kids aged 4 1/2yrs and 2yrs) and we enjoyed taking an early morning swim and then a lovely Jamaican breakfast outside (kids loved the choc chip pancakes!)
Oliver booked us a trip to see a coffee plantation in Blue Mountains - probably due to my nervous UK driving - but it took an age to get there!
Overall a very enjoyable stay, this is a nice spot to relax and we will definitely visit again

Room Tip: If you are travelling with small children then the pool house may be the best option
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In February 2013 I thoroughly enjoyed my week long stay at Moon Hill. I stayed in the master suite which includes a lovely terrace (with a screened porch) overlooking the city, with magnificent views of the sea and surrounding mountains, particularly at sunset. The pedestal bed, the spacious bathroom, and the crisp white linens and towels, afford the type of comfort and rest only found at the most exclusive resorts. But what I think sets Moon Hill apart from other luxury places in Jamaica is their outstanding breakfasts, abundant and varied, prepared from strictly fresh ingredients, with the outmost care and presentation: homemade fresh juices, fruit plate, local specialties (ital breakfast), or traditional (waffles with maple syrup). The choice is yours. Oliver, the host, is most knowledgeable about the country and able to advise you on, and even arrange, coffee tours, entertainment venues, or trips to other parts of the island. It was a memorable stay worth repeating!

Room Tip: Master suite for luxurious comfort. Pool house for privacy and independence.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Oliver was really supportive. I booked a room for my fiance, in Jamaica while I am here in Miami. I started my conversation with Oliver via airbnb site. I went to book and because the space was quite and he had a few openings he upgraded my fiance to a nicer room for a better price than what was listen. Plus Oliver had a menu and taxi service crew available for my fiance when he needed it. This is top notch service. My fiance took me for a tour of the home via skype chat and it looked so cozy and comfortable, and quiet just above the chaos of Kingston. He said the room was very clean and anything he needed Oliver was there. I look forward to my next trip to Kingston we will be staying there again! This is a must experience!

Room Tip: My fiance stayed in the Blue Room, super nice and private.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We (sister, niece and I) finished some hiking in Blue Mountain and wanted to visit some family in the Kingston area before heading off to Treasure Beach. Oliver was helpful from the get-go, even before we arrived, reminding us of knowing an address to use for Jamaica immigration forms.

Our stay was 1st rate - Oliver was friendly, well informed and very helpful, and the food prepared by Omar was super tasty - as was the welcome welcoming drink. The location was perfect for us - within easy driving of many of our family. The view at night was splendid.I know we will be back soon and have already recommended it to many of our friends.

Kudos to a small jewel in Barbican Heights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Oliver and the staff are great! The food was really amazing- better than anything I had anywhere in the city. I was in Kingston for work, and I could not have been more stress-free staying at Moon Hill. I was nervous about staying in Kingston as a single woman, but coming home to Moon Hill put me at complete ease. I would go back in a heart-beat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at Moonhill Jamaica in November 2012, in the Poolhouse. It is a wonderful romantic room and setting, lovely at night or day. Everything you could want is there, and having breakfast on by the pool in the sunny morning or dinner at night on the terrace is highly recommended and the Chef is superb at juices, food and hospitality.

I will be going back for sure many times!

Ben

Room Tip: I only stayed in the Poolhouse, the other rooms looked really nice too, however, I loved the Poolhou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

3 of us recently stayed at Moon Hill while visiting family in Kingston for just one day. They had never heard of Moon Hill, up in the Blue Mountains. Probably a good thing, as we'd like to keep such a great find quiet. Although Oliver, the owner, might not agree. If what you seek is peace, beauty, easy access to activities in Kingston, delicious food and drink then Moon Hill is just the place. For Kingstonians who want to take a "staycation" in this difficult economy, this would be a perfect location to "get away from it all".
The pool house is more rustic than the big house, but you can't beat a swim in the pool at your door in the morning or evening. We highly recommend Moon Hill.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Moon Hill? Share your experiences!