“5/10..Go Somewhere Else If You Can” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Four Seasons
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Ruthven Road | Kingston 10, Kingston, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
UK
“5/10..Go Somewhere Else If You Can”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

Hotel Four Seasons
We had a balcony room over pool - nice, tidy and clean. Shower had hot water. Towels changed daily. Front desk service was below average. Except for the lovely man that takes your bags to your room..we didn't get him to do that for us, but he was always helpful whenever we spoke to him for directions etc. The car that we'd booked to pick us up from airport to bring us to hotel did not turn up. Staff were unapologetic and no compensation was given on that. Then we got overcharged more than we booked for via expedia!! Hidden costs!! and had to pay an extra £100.00! Also when we checked out, they tried to charge us £180.00 for a lunch that we never had in their restaurant!! We stood our ground - we did not pay this. We weren't even at the hotel at the time!
BEWARE...they have a few tricks up their sleeve at this place!! Stay elsewhere if you can - plenty of other options around.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

My stay at Hotel Four Seasons was excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice quiet and clean place to relax. Rooms are clean and beds comfy. Food and staff in restaurant was great! Enjoyed the pool and bar, and the pool is clean. Prices are great. I will go back. I LOVED staying there.

• Liked — I loved the treatment from the staff and facilities.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ft lauderdale, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I found this hotel to be very ncie and quaint, extremely quiet, rooms had 2 queen size beds and a fridge. I found it a relaxing stay, breakfast was included in our price. As with most of the caribbean, don't be in a rush to do anything as it is a real slow laid back kinda place. I was there for business so I was not in the room all day nor demanded much attention. My room was cleaned each day although I could tell our cleaner had let somethings go by on some days as the next cleaner we had on the day that the regular cleaner was off , did an absolutely fantastic job. I would say there may be some staff issues, as to be expected, as I could hear grumblings of an obvious upset staff voicing his concerns quite loudly .However this same staff member was there 20 years. So how bad a place to work could it really be. This hotel served my purpose which was cleanliness, comfortable bed, Air conditioning, TV to see CNN etc, parking, security and the ability to get food and drink without leavingthe compuond. I found the restaurant staff to be very friendly and professional. Reception was great as well. Overall a very comfortable stay. I am only sorry I was not there when the mangoes are ripening as the property is laden with mango trees of every variety. I think the owners did a great job in saving the trees as you can see they are carefully built around. I see great thought in the design of the property and I like it. The inside dining room has great history and great decor. check it out.

• Liked — clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — food monotonus with limited choice for breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

Firstly, the staff were rude when we tried to get a kettle and coffee cups brought to our room, which we had already paid for. As there were heavy rains the kitchen staff said "Will you pay my wages when I get sick?", "Do you think you are at the Four seasons in Montego Bay?". I was outraged but after much complaining to the manager I received them the following day. I was suffering from a cold and gengi fever caused by Mosquito bites and happy I did not get worse as the staff would of let me die. I only realised this hotel is not linked to the real Four Seasons chain upon return to the UK.

I visibly noticed the difference in treatment and politeness between black and white guests. Our treatment as black guests was poor in comparison and shamefully obvious. I wouldn't be caught dead there again and they shouldn't be able to dupe people with there name. The staff made a lot of noise shouting outside early in the morning, and we stayed three days (we couldn't bear anymore), the reception called us a 6.00am every morning to ask what car we had as one was blocking the car park, our answer was the same each day "No we have a silver toyota!!!" I saw the offending vehicle and it belonged to the partner of a uniformed staff employee!!!

• Liked — Central and local to Kingston
  • Disliked — Rude inconsiderate staff who treat white guests with preferencial treatment
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Somerset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

For more than 7 years my group has stayed at 4 Seasons during our annual visits. We have always had a great experience with staff, and the location was ideal for us.

This year our reservation was formally set a month ago. A team member checked in last night, with the rest of us arriving in Jamaica tomorrow. I just received a call that the owner has cancelled our reservation in favour of a group from Germany. Never again will I stay at the 4 Seasons.

Stayed July 2007
taradome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

the hotel pictures on this ite dont do the place justice. i loved the 4 season hotel. the staff was nice and our rooms were cleaned everday. the bar and pool area is perfect for chilling out and having red strip or a glass of appleton. the place is gated and the security does a good job of keeping out unwanted guests.
i will stay there anytime.

p.s the hotel is also in a good location. close enough to walk and get a feeling of kingston but far enough away as to not be bothered with the noises of the city.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

I stayed in one of the "courtyard rooms". The room was in poor shape, dirty walls, and had a decrepit feel about it. Think roadside roach motel. Perhaps the poolside rooms were nicer.

The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were in bad shape. I would definitely not roceommend staying here.

Service at the restaurant was slow but they were courteous. The food was fairly good and the dining room clean and appealing.

• Liked — Decent restaurant
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Four Seasons? Share your experiences!