“Terra Nova is all over brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Waterloo Road, Kingston, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Terra Nova is all over brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Terra Nova All Suite Hotel in October 2013. We were attracted to the hotel as it has a well balanced blend of modern and historic features making it a beautiful location for a wedding. We decided to have our wedding on the Starlight Roof Terrace at Terra Nova as we wished to be amongst the strikingly beautiful and well maintained grounds that surround Terra Nova. I stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding with my bridal party which included 3 bridesmaids, my mother, my mother's friend and I. We stayed 3 to a room.

ROOMS: Clean, beautifully presented rooms with modern bathroom facilities, wonderful décor with black marble tops and luxurious bedding adorn with a designer piece headboard. Both rooms were presented with fresh tropical cut flowers and all mod-cons were available e.g. mini fridge, kettle and tea services along with self-controlled air con and wifi access. My husband and I were also giving a complementary nights stay after the wedding for our honeymoon and came back to a beautifully decorated room with a bottle of champagne on ice :)

FOOD: On arrival we were presented with a platter of fresh fruit per guest. Room service was available 24hr including kitchen service. Complementary buffet styled breakfast provided an array of continental and Jamaican hot and cold breakfast treats. With the well advised help from Arlene Wynter, we were able to select a wedding menu that catered to our guests perfectly by providing traditional dishes along with those that are palatable to British guests. We also had a selection of alcoholic beverages for our guest and were able to modify the drinks bar list so that it included our favourite drinks.

HOSPITALITY: All staff at the Terra Nova were helpful and understanding. In particular Jhanelle Francis (Sales Co-ordinator) and Arlene Wynter (Banqueting & Sales Manger) were extremely helpful in assisting with the planning and arrangements of our wedding day and really went above and beyond to help calm my nerves as an overseas bride. Also Farrah Francis kindly arranged for our rooms to be upgraded to Junior suite rooms which was a delightful surprise! As a young couple, we were 'chaotically organised' on the day of the wedding but all hotel staff were hands on in helping us to organise and orchestrate the day, which ensured it all went perfectly! :)

OVERALL OPINION: If you are looking for a hotel that is as impressive in its structure, as it is in overall hospitality Terra Nova All Suites Hotel is definitely the place for you! My guests and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear KayKayis Loved,

We express sincere gratitude to you for taking the time to share your views on your stay at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. We at Terra Nova are always encouraged when we read such positive comments and it is heart-warming to know that we were your premier choice of location for your unforgettable lifelong commitment.

We note your satisfaction and amazement with the food, rooms and the warmth of the employees you encountered while staying with us. They will be commended and encouraged to continue to surpass our guests’ expectations.

You can always rely on Terra Nova to provide a stress-free, luxurious and flawless wedding package to sweep any bride off her feet and to ease all tensions on her special day.

KayKayisLoved, we thank you sincerely for choosing us as we were very humbled to have shared in your experience and contributed to the success of your wedding.

Please do not stay away for too long as we are looking forward to seeing you before your one year anniversary!

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

we booked two nights as a quick Business trip, upon arrival was greeted by the deputy manager and shown to our suite. within five minutes a waiter arrived with platters of chilled fruit and set up a pot of coffee !. We had lunch at the piano bar and it was amazing and we couldnt wait to try the restaurant for dinner, which again was exceptional.
Breakfast is included in the booking and although good was not great, the omlettes leave a lot to be desired ! as do the hot foods which could be due to the fact that the food is cooked early and the heat underneath is too high !
Having travelled to Jamiaca on a number of ocassions and stayed at numerous locations around Kingston, Terra Nova has to be the most beautiful once on site you would never know you are in the heart of Kingston, the building has a true colonial feel, the staff are extremley attentive, the rooms are beautiful, and the bed we slept in was pure Heaven.... will definatley be going back

Room Tip: room 107 has a closed in terrace (great if you smoke) otherwise avaoid as you dont get a sofa and th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Livingthedreamtci,

We note your heart warming review on your recent stay at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel and we thank you for your feedback.

It was truly a pleasure to have hosted you and we are elated to know that we made your brief trip worthwhile. At Terra Nova, we always aim to please and we are happy this was accomplished during your stay.

You will be pleased to know that plans are currently being implemented to amend and add more variety to the breakfast menu to further meet our guests' needs.

Please hurry back soon and experience another taste of genuine bliss!

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I along with our 2 year old daughter stayed at Terra Nova for 7 nights in November 2013. We had a wonderful time. The hotel staff are so courteous and helpful, the bed was large and very comfortable and CLEAN. We have stayed at many 4 and 5*hotels across Europe and England and the service, cleanliness and attention to detail of this hotel can compete with them all. Keep up the great work Terra Nova!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lori PG,

It is quite humbling to read your review on your stay with us in November 2013. We are elated to know that you and your family had a wonderful time occupying one of our Premium Junior Suites and interacting with our courteous and helpful staff.

Thank you for the high praises and we will endeavour to “keep up the great work!”

Kindest Regards.
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This property is an Oasis in the middle of Kingston, Jamaica. Even set far from the street that the car noise doesn't reach your room or restaurant or pool. Full with great staff, well design rooms with all the modern amenities require by season travelers. I have stayed at every major hotel in Kingston and I can qualify that this is the best one by far. The breakfast is one not to miss for sure and having dinner at the Regency is a most for travelers.

Room Tip: I would prefer the 1st floor, there is no elevator, but only 2 floors in the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear wrp57,

We have read your review and express gratitude for such positive feedback. Comments of this nature motivate us to continue to provide excellent service to you, our valued guest.

We are happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed every feature and service offered at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel.

We hope you will return very soon as we are looking forward to hosting you once more.

Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at Terra Nova over the Christmas/New Year break and I must say I was blown away by this property. Their rooms are upscale, large, functional and one of the best I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. Their renovations are top notch. Lovely bathrooms with rain showers and a nice sitting area. The service was exceptional, the airline broke my bag and Adrian and someone from maintenance took a great deal of time helping me fix it. 9Thanks Adrian) And as for the Regency Bar, hard to top. I love love this hotel and although I have little reason to stay in a hotel when in Kingston, I will find every opportunity I can to stay at this property and I am an extremely picky traveler.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
A big thank you Dens L for posting such an optimistic review on your stay with us during the festive season.

It is truly heartwarming to know that you love the upgrades to the Suites as well as the recently opened chic Regency Bar and Lounge.

Our aim at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel is to exceed our guests' expectations and our staff and management team never cease to go above and beyond for our valued guests. In light of this, we will be sure to relay commendations to our superstars Adrian and Fabian who assisted you as they truly represented the Terra Nova brand.

Dens L we hope to see you soon. Do not stay away for too long!

Regards.
Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at the Terra Nova in November my business takes me to Kingston once per month. I booked in to Room 207. At 7:30 a.m. the following morning, the telephone rings to tell me that there is an issue with my credit card. I ask if it could not have waited until I was checking out or at least until 9:00 a.m. At 8:30 a young child ran along the corridor for at least ten minutes laughing and calling to her parents. At 9:00 the room attendant is using the knocker ( Hemingway Suite) why a knocker is beyond me. A door bell would be better!!, and would not disturb the other guests. This knocking went on that I was able to get out of bed go into the bathroom (trying not the allow the stiff swinging half doors to scrape my leg again, open the closet take a robe down, untying the bow put it on and open the door and ask them if they could possibly keep the loud banging and talking to a minimum. I will not stay at Terra Nova again.

Room Tip: Rooms 107 and 207 are the only balcony rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RichardoTN, Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Jamaicanbeachgirl:

We note your review posted on January 21, 2014. Thank you for taking the time to share as we value your feedback.

Our investigations have revealed that the hotel's strict policies and procedures were not followed when you checked in which resulted in an early phone call to you and for this we apologize.

We really wished that you had expressed your concerns to us at the time, either to a manager or at check out, so that we could have extended a personal apology.

Nonetheless, we take this opportunity to thank you for your glowing report from your previous stay in November and to inform that in addition to our Premium Junior Suites 107 and 207 which you have mentioned, our exquisite Signature Luxury Suites are also well designed with very spacious private balconies.

Jamaicanbeachgirl, we do hope that we again have the chance to host you as you are a valued repeat client.

We have taken the necessary measures to ensure that our policies are adhered to at all times and to ensure that we continue to surpass our guests' expectations.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was there to see the New Year in and found it to be truly fantastic. Modern rooms, huge bed, monograms on everything and everything you could want. A walk in overhead shower and beautiful attention to detail.
Eating by the pool and a glorious selection from the buffet. Complimentary drinks , great breakfast and the price was so good . You must visit this hotel if you visit Kingston. I can give it top marks. There is a gym too if you can work up the effort. I just loved the room and attention to detail.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RichardoTN, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear rogerCaymanislands:

We thank you for yet another uplifting review posted on January 21, 2014 about your return to your second home-the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel.

We are truly elated to know that you were able to experience the upgrades, as they were done with you our valued guest in mind.

We will continue to exceed your expectations and uphold the bestowed prestigious title of being the "very best in Jamaica".

Roger, your Terra Nova family anticipates yet another visit from you very soon!

Regards.

Been to Terra Nova All Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!