“Nice spot and well located” 4 of 5 stars

Liguanea Club
Knutsford Boulevard, New Kingston | Kingston 5, Jamaica, Kingston, Jamaica   |
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Nice spot and well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Liguanea Club is very centrally located in New Kingston and is a short trip from most tourist attractions and night clubs. The restaurant attached to the club is quite good, although it closes fairly early in the evenings. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and a nice big pool!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had a little problem with the first room to which I was assigned I complained and they attempted to correct the situation, however, the situation persisted and to my surprise, they exchanged my room to a much more expensive room in fact, they gave me a suite with no added charge. Overall, I found the staff very professional, friendly, courteous and understanding. I love the availability of the gym, the tennis court and restaurant. Additionally, the food was great. I would stay again!

Room Tip: The ground floor appears to attract ants which are very annoying, I eventually was given another roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that from the moment I walked in, to the moment I walked out, this hotel/country club was nothing but perfection and not to mention the excellent customer service of going above and beyond!

• Stayed April 2013
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Liguanea Club is a reminder of Old Time Kingston Charm. Clean, safe and conveniently located it is a much better deal overall than the big name hotels that surround it. If you are into tennis or squash you'll really enjoy the facilities. Trivia note, the club is featured in the James Bond Movie Dr. No.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went for dinner with two friends who had been before, in fact one was a member. The dinner was perfect. The staff were most patient, helpful and always smiling! We sat outside and despite nearby tennis courts and the popularity of the restaurant, our dinner was quiet and peaceful.
I did not stay at the club, but I would be tempted to as it had a very friendly atmosphere and is centrally located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at $98 including taxes. Room 9 which was on the first floor above reception. Spacious room with large king size bed, TV, table and chair and separate sofa chair. Comfortable sleep with both ceiling fan and aircon. Spacious modern bathroom although shower nozzle a little temperamental and it took a whole for the hot water to come thru. Daily clean. Door opened onto verandah overlooking garden / breakfast area. Free WIFi worked perfectly in room and all other areas. Breakfast included and a reasonable selection with unlimited coffee. Restaurant also open for lunch and dinner. Very central location in New Kingston and a 3 minute walk to KFC, Burger King, service station and other food outlets. Interesting walking the streets after dark but felt safe enough. Nice relaxed setting for breakfast and a number of sofas to sit and chill in if needed. This is a pretty solid option with a good overall feel in a city where accommodation can be pricey. Only issue would be the hall way light outside the room which illuminates the room at night as you can not close the glassed in ventilation slats. So if you need a dark environment to get a good nights sleep then would be an idea to bring something to cover the eyes. Reception and restaurant staff were both friendly and efficient. Suitable for a short or longer term stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hello and greetings. I stayed at The Liguanea Club for the 1st time during the week of pre-Easter holiday and during THE holiday itself. I will DEFINITELY stay again! Originally, I had planned to stay at the Wyndham but had my reservation cancelled due to an unfortunate fire that happened there.

I was so stressed out about where I was going to stay. The other surrounding hotels were either booked up or way out of my price range. Through a friend I heard about Liguanea. I was very hesitant because I had never heard of this place and even though it stated on a map I googled that it was literally right across the street from Wyndham, I hadn't seen it during my last visit to Jamaica when I stayed at the Wyndham.

After seeing the excellent price for a weeks stay I booked. I was pleasantly surprised once I got there (I was expecting the worse!). The hotel rooms aren't modern (and that was fine with me) but they are more than comfortable. I highly enjoyed my entire stay there. The staff was great. I got up every morning to have breakfast and even got to play a little bit of tennis with the members who came to play daily.

My only small complaint would be to switch up the meals, particularly the breakfast portion of the menu. I prefer when I'm visiting Jamaica to see a menu with various Jamaican dishes being offered instead of so much American food. Also, for breakfast there's only one option for Jamaican breakfast and every day it was the same, callaloo and saltfish or ackee and saltfish. I think maybe at least adding a traditional liver or even breadfruit would be great. Overall the food was very good and it helped that breakfast was included (up to $500 JD) in my overall cost to stay.
P.S. I'm a female and I felt very safe too!

I AM DEFINITELY STAYING AT THE LIGUANEA CLUB AGAIN AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! SEE YOU SOON.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Liguanea Club? Share your experiences!