“Very nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Kingston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We needed to stay in Kingston one night due to airplane departure times and we very pleased with how accommodating the staff is to everyone

Check in was a breeze and loved the welcoming champagne.

We had an issue with our room initially and the staff bent over backwards to makes us happy.

We enjoyed sitting by pool,in the evening and listening to music and have a glass of wine

We were able to walk to Scotchees for jerk chicken, but I wouldn't recommend it do to having to cross some very busy streets...

The morning buffet was quite nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had the fortune of being invited to Jamaica for a wedding and made reservations, at the bride's recommendation at the Spanish Court. Everything was great, especially the staff. I can not believe how accommodating and friendly they were.
When I am next back in Kingston, there is no question where I will stay!
Loved it, thank you so much!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After spending two weeks travelling most of the Parishes of Jamaica, we decided to treat ourselves with a few nights at the Spanish Court for some time to explore Kingston. Located conveniently in New Kingston, it is walking distance to Devon House where one can find some of the best Ice Cream in the world. Taking a taxi to most attractions is recommended.

The hotel itself serves excellent food, especially the Breakfast. In addition, the rooms are very comfortable and the staff is attentive.

The available amenities are great for a Kingston Hotel. The pool is a lap pool, a great place to get refreshed from the intense Kingston heat.

Room Tip: Check internet rates and daily promotions, as this is a top hotel that caters to elite business trav...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The only nice accomodation we had in Jamaica, and it was a great relief to spend the last 2 nights of our recent trip there. Room was clean and comfortable, and the food at the restaurant was excellent for both breakfast and dinner. The service was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay at the Spanish Court quite often (approximately 3-4 times per year). What I love most about this hotel is the consistency of excellent service! Yes, the hotel is attractive with clean decor lines, great food, cool bar and nice cafe but for me what sets this apart from other hotels is the consistent service I receive from the engaging, accomodating staff - bellman to maid to waiter/waitress. Kudos to the Management of the Spanish Court who have truly figured out what it is to offer superior service, not just on your first stay but EVERYTIME!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Over the course of the past four years, I never knew why I was always so miserable when working in Kingston. Then I stayed at the Spanish Court, and it all became clear: I had settled for grossly substandard accommodations at different properties, and the experience essentially ruined my days.

I don't intend any disrespect toward the other hotels I've frequented, but the Spanish Court absolutely destroys them all. The staff are extremely friendly, attentive and professional. The complimentary drink on arrival is a nice touch.

The decor of the property is...ummm...not timid at all. To say it's bold doesn't do it justice, but it works for now. I wonder what it will look like in a few years.

My room was...roomy, with nice high ceilings, ceiling fan, a large, flat-panel TV, and a killer bathroom. The first morning of my stay, I realized I'd never been truly clean in Kingston before, because I never had a hotel room with a properly functioning shower nozzle.

The restaurant is excellent on its own merits (i.e., not merely "good...for a hotel restaurant"). The breakfast buffet (included) was head and shoulders above what other Kingston hotels had the audacity to charge $20+ for. The pool bar is a great place to enjoy a Red Stripe while the sun goes down and catch a cool mountain breeze (if any).

I'm torn about the need to insert your key into a slot in order for the electricity to work. On one hand, I appreciate this environmentally sound feature (and let's face it, it saves the SCH money, as well). On the other hand...this is Jamaica, and I'm a pasty white Yankee who likes his hotel room maintained at meat locker temperature. I like to be instantly chilled when coming in from the hot and sticky outside. A minor gripe.

Convenient location in New Kingston, across the street from a well-stocked supermarket, and about a half-hour from the NMIA. Emancipation Park is about a half-mile down the road.

So far as hotels go, I am neither easily impressed nor easily put off; essentially, I want a convenient location, a clean room, decent food, and a good value. That said, I actually cannot wait to come back to Kingston and stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Kudos out to the Spanish Court Hotel for being so fabulous! Free wifi, free breakfast (dayym good breakfast at that) top notch customer service, a pool boy, letting us play our own music all day by the pool.This hotel was not a resort, mainly business travelers so I didnt expect them to be as accommodating to the party people as they were. My friend was ill during the trip and they even had a nurse come check in on her & they sent her soup. Before I booked I saw that others complained about the pool size, but if you are looking for a resort, why in the world would you travel to Kingston and not Ocho Rios or Negril? Excellent hotel, I wouldnt suggest booking anywhere else!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!