“Jamaica, not exactly what I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jamaica

Santa Barbara, Carpinteria
“Jamaica, not exactly what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

This review is long overdue (about 2 years). I hold myself from writing it because we met with a Jamaican friend that does not live in the Island anymore. Jamaican is a beautiful place with stunning beaches and sunsets; I am sure they are wonderful people (locals) in Jamaica; unfortunately, we did not find any. I understand now why there are so many inclusive resorts. My husband and I are not very fond of them because we feel jailed, but if you are going, I highly recommend them. We were in Ocho Rios which was much better than Negril. We wanted to have a vacation, but we relaxed little there. From everybody trying to get a buck from you, waiters demanding their high tip (I think is rude) and car drivers smoking weed while driving. You understand why I would not recommend Jamaica as a place for a vacation. Go to Hawaii, instead or Cayman Islands if you must to go to the Caribbean. Okay, we did meet some nice people, but that was it.

India
“Kingston and around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Kingston is place where you can easily spend 2-3 days, a day on the beach at lime cove, trip on strawberry and from there a hike in the blue moutains.

The pegasus in jamaica in one of the best hotels to stay in, clean, safe and friendly. Has a good breakfast spread and a nice indoor pool, tennis courts etc. Right across is the 'emancipation park', where you can take a good jog in the morning if you are a fitness freak!

Transportation in kingston can be a bit of a problem, better then taking a cab there is to have a local contact arrange a car for you. From kingston you can go to the lime cove beach, there are a couple of charters there who will ferry you across in a speed boat to lime cove.

Lime cove has a couple of grills where in you can buy the famous jerk chicken, a 'festival', there is also a beer hut on the beach. speed boats to ferry you back are available on the hour.

Coming back from lime cove. There is enough time to go back to the hotel, freshen up and head up to strawberry hills for a beautiful view of the nightlights of kingston. the resort on top has seating on its gradens as well as a restaurant with sweeping view of the city.

USA
“Rose Hall Resort Hilton Pleasant and enjoyable experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Carol Bourke

Hotel Manager

Rose Hall Resort

Dear Mrs. Carol Bourke,

I want to share our pleasant experience checking into your hotel. My wife and I received a wonderful greeting and a big smile from Samoya Smith at the reception desk. We were exhausted from traveling for a day and a half and it was great to have Ms. Smith check us in quickly and professionally.

Our room has everything stated on your web site, bed was very comfortable, and we enjoyed the fine linens during our refreshing nap and then toured your unbelievably large hotel and grounds.

Additionally, we had dinner at your Three Palms Restaurant and were served by your Captain Marie, her Assistant Rayon and sorry could not remember 2nd Assistant’s name. They made us feel right at home, enjoyed the bantering and good laughs with them. Dinner was excellent!

Lastly, we found your staff to be very friendly, always greeted us with a smile and hello. Your hotel is very clean and orderly which is something you, Hilton Hotels and staff members should be very proud of.

We look forward to returning here again, will pass along our experience and recommendation to everyone we meet.

Moses Levy

uk
“Royal Decameron Runaway Bay Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

Just spent Christmas at the Royal Decameron and it was amazing. The apartments didn't disappoint and we had 3 rondelles (Beach rooms) next to each other, as close to the beach as possible. At first it was 'High Winds Jamaica' but this just added to the charm of being so close to the sea with the waves crashing onto the shore and palms swaying in the breeze. The bar staff are great and its fun just ordering a drink....try ordering the big bamboo!! The jetty bar allows you to experience peace and relaxation and spectacular sunsets as you sit in your swing or relax overlooking the sea. The gardens were quieter for a stroll and have a good selection of flora and fauna and we could pick seville oranges, bananas and coconuts. There are a good selection of games such as giant chess and both pools have a bar so there's no chance of dehydration!! The food was excellent served by very attentive staff and on Christmas eve was superb. I would definetly return.

british columbia, canada
“Jamaican paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

our family picked Jamaica this year as our travel destination. we were as we usually are, adventurous. we booked a tour with great river tours it turned out to be the most fun we had. we did the zip line which is the longest zip line in the caribbean though i don't know if the 6x6 treck through the jungle was more invigorating or if it was the 1600 ft. long line over that jungle . the there was the great river itself, turquoise blue much like the ocean there, lined with lime stone and the most beautiful people we had ever encountered on vacation we felt like they weren't just knowledgeable and shared their history they shared their soul as we passed under a 200 year old bridge that had led their ancestors to safety, and away from slavery. it was not a very busy day so all five of us were treated to the most natural and outdoor spa as our guide used the natural lime stone and massaged our feet. we stopped along the way and dove into the beckoning waters(we couldn't help ourselves) it was truly amazing. in places the water was rapid and we were thankful for our guides expertise and at times the water was smooth and we just floated down stream at an enjoyable pace. our guide knew every vine every tree every cane. ohh yeah we were also treated to a treat of fresh cut sugar cane which i can not even describe how amazing that was and fresh fruit and water on our treck truly a must do if you are in jamaica and only 20-30 mins outside of montego bay.

Been to Jamaica? Share your experiences!

;