“Haiti is great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Haitian

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port-au-Prince
Royal Haitian
You added Royal Haitian to your Saves list
43 Sonta Nara, Port-au-Prince HT6110, Haiti   |
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
A TripAdvisor Member
“Haiti is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2005

This was my second to my homeland and I stayed in Pignon, a very small town without electricity or running water (where I normally stay). We decided on our last night to stay in PAP, which is a place that we normally stay away from other than arriving or departing by plane.

Perhaps I am biased, for love of my country, but this hotel was top-notch, even to my American standards. We did have a small issue with ants in our first room, it was me and my sister and a friend. The ants were caribbean, small and almost see through... there was a league of them!! But we were moved promptly. We spent most of our night pool side, it was very quiet and there was a lovely view from the pool area.

The room was lovely, it had a TV which we did not use, and white tile floors. That was different for me, but pretty all the same. The staff was nice, when we saw them, which wasn't much, because only 3 of us speak kreyol, and one French.

I can't wait to go back, in fact, I plan to honeymoon there, partly for the fact that it's home, but also for the beauty. We didn't not go out of the hotel, however, our vacation was actually in a small town; PAP is a place I would like to go back to though. Political unrest makes it unsafe if you don't understand the language, though!

• Stayed August 2002

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2002

I much enjoyed my time at the Royal Haitian. Breakfast with fresh lemonade by the pool in the mornings. Quiet elegance and stately grounds. No hustle, no bustle. The restaurant food was equisite. The staff, very accomodating and very polite. A casino on the grounds if you desire. One of the best get-away-from-it-alls I've ever enjoyed.

Been to Royal Haitian? Share your experiences!