We stayed at this resort the last week from June 27th - July 5th. We had 9 people in our group total, 4 adults and 5 kids. We had a great time, but there are a few thins that could use some work:
Beautiful resort: The location is gorgeous! The water is clear and warm. The layout of the resort is nice and everything is easy to find. The rooms are your typical Club Med rooms. Nothing fancy but comfortable.
Food: Yummy! As usual the Club Med buffet was great. So much selection! never bored with food and liked to try everything.
Chief de Village: Mathias was spot on as chief. He did a great job making everyone feel welcomed and having a nice time. He was also in the shows a well. Shows that he really likes his job and cares about the people there.
Activities: There were lots of activities that you could do/try. The circus and trapeze were big hits with my family. Aqua Gym was fun to do in the ocean. The GO's has fun activities after aqua gym on the beach, from slip n slides to bubble parties. Lots of fun. The sailing crew was not particularly welcoming and didn't really give lessons or look like they wanted to!!
My biggest problem with this Club Med is the Kids Club. There was an incident that I witnessed between my daughter and a GO that was unacceptable. I did not have my daughter go back there after that. The GO's at the Kids Club do not have any experience with children. I was very unhappy with them. Yes, there can be difficult children, but if you cannot control them or are having issues, contact the parents rather than doing something inappropriate. My younger son was fine at the Kids Club. Also, the schedule they have is not always accurate. It might say archery/sailing at 11:00, but if one kids wants to go sailing and the rest want to do archery, then they go to archery....why have a choice if you can't do them both.
I would go back to this resort, but not have my daughter in the Kids club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in the tropical spirit of the Caribbean, the all-inclusive resort La Caravelle, Guadeloupe (French West Indies) is situated in one of the island's most beautiful beaches. This family-friendly resort offers a variety of sports and activities: children's clubs, scuba-diving, water sports, tennis... Come and have a taste of everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Caravelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Caravelle Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Ste Anne
- La Caravelle Club Med
- Club Med Guadeloupe
- Ste. Anne Club Med
- Club Med La Caravelle Guadeloupe/Sainte-Anne