The best thing about this resort is the beach. It is sandy, with a warm, crystal water. One area of the beach next to the bar and a small pier smells of sewage. Not sure they dump it there, but there is a broken plastic pipe that is visible running next to the pier. And beware that the beach is public. On weekends expect to have a wave of locals descend on the beach and pack around you. That resulted in our back pack being stolen from our lounge chairs on our next to last day here. Not too many valuables were gone, but the camera with all our photos, watch, sunglasses... We booked a garden view room and got a ground floor room in the oldest part of the village - Desirade. They say the club was renovated but it really is old and tired. Looks like from the seventies with a lot of concrete and boxy room structures. Beds were hard as a board, pillows too small - had a back ache for a first few days. Bathroom was decent but with many caulking smears around the tiles and mold in the grout joints. There was a news about dengue fever spread by mosquitos on tv and on the airport and yet the rooms do not have any mosquito nets. It would be very useful to have them.
GO's were fantastic, working very hard, along with the chef du village - Matthias. French is very much the language here. They rarely switch to english, only when you tell them. St. Anne is a short walk from the village but not worth seeing. It is shanty and smells of raw sewage. The case of most of the islands in the Caribbean in our experience. We came back here 6 years after our first visit and would not come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in the tropical spirit of the Caribbean, the all-inclusive resort La Caravelle, Guadeloupe (French West Indies) is situated in one of the island's most beautiful beaches. This family-friendly resort offers a variety of sports and activities: children's clubs, scuba-diving, water sports, tennis... Come and have a taste of everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Caravelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Caravelle Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Ste Anne
- La Caravelle Club Med
- Club Med Guadeloupe
- Ste. Anne Club Med
- Club Med La Caravelle Guadeloupe/Sainte-Anne