We very much enjoyed our five-day stay at the Club. It is truly located at one of the most beautiful beaches in Guadeloupe. I was prepared ( after reading the previous TripAdvisor reviews) for the worst to discover the "bunker-like" reception area, only to see a truly-1970's bent giant concrete roof in the form of a manta ray, with huge openings on the beautuful gardens. Not something one would build now, but not out of touch either.
The restaurant and food was truly exceptional and of a very high standard, continuously varied, and fortunately with a more reasonable range of dishes and specialties than feared ( Club Med should offer a standard insurance policy against overweight for all its locations).
The sailing offering was excellent - it is the first year they have four catamarans available-, and the sailing team of GO's was +++. The morning hiking program was minus, with only two short walks of two kilometers, one left and one right, that's all.
The evening entertainmnent program in the bar were more decibels than content, but that could be due to our own rural petites natures....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in the tropical spirit of the Caribbean, the all-inclusive resort La Caravelle, Guadeloupe (French West Indies) is situated in one of the island's most beautiful beaches. This family-friendly resort offers a variety of sports and activities: children's clubs, scuba-diving, water sports, tennis... Come and have a taste of everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Caravelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Caravelle Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Ste Anne
- La Caravelle Club Med
- Club Med Guadeloupe
- Ste. Anne Club Med
- Club Med La Caravelle Guadeloupe/Sainte-Anne