“Best B+B we have visited” 5 of 5 stars

The Hawk & Buckle Inn
4.5 of 5 Inn   |   Llannefydd LL16 5ED, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Llannefydd B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Best B+B we have visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

After quite a long drive to the Hawk and Buckle we received a warm welcome from the hosts. I say hosts as it is a family run place and it seems ALL the family take an avid interest in the place. We were shown our room which was lovely and asked if there were any questions. The atmosphere was warm and relaxed and you were made to feel like part of the family, not just paying guests (something I have never experienced before). The meals, including the breakfasts, that we had at the H+B were wonderful, tasty and my husband who is a veggie was even given different ingredients on his meal; nothing was too much trouble.
Given the time and opportunity we would definately go back as this was a lovely establishment. Many thanks to The Hawk and Buckle. Special feedback for the friendly cat Nelson who was soo cute that we nearly ended up taking him back with us!! ha ha.
One teeny little concern was the roads that seemed to get narrower and narrower however you got used to them after a while.

Room Tip: As we were only in one room I would assume any room would be lovely but the views are stunning at th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I originally went to the Hawk & Buckle using a discount voucher and have returned several times.

Each time I have stayed in a different room and all have different looks about them and all have been very good with lovely decor and ensuite batrooms.

The food, I think is excellent, local produce, well cooked and large portions, especially enjoy a large breakfast and I wasn't disappointed!

I cannot understand some of the negative comments expressed on here as I have always found the hosts, staff and the locals to be very friendly and accomodating.

Perhaps some people don't appreciate that this is not a five star hotel which is part of a large chain with all the faclities and 'rip off' prices that they offer.

I don't expect to find a large reception area with fawning staff with 'plastic smiles' in a small country hotel. The charm for me is that it is a small friendly family run place employing local people who are, to me anyway, very welcoming.

Perhaps the negative comments are fom people who expect too much and have a negative attitude to life in general, and are impossible to please.

Room Tip: I dion't have a tip forchoosing a good room as I have stayed in 3 different rooms and all have b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This coaching inn was a pleasure to stay at, all the staff, especially Stuart and Edward were fantastic. The hotel was very quirky and individual. I had originally wanted a deluxe room but settled for a standard room, as this was all that was available, this was of a very high standard for what we paid and the jaquzzi bath made it even more special. The Sunday roast was fanastic, complements to the chef and the price was excellent. The main menu was also very good if you are only there for 2 or 3 nights but any longer you would sruggle for choice but only if you are a fussy eater.
We will definately be back as there is so much to see in the surrounding areas.
Well done to you all

Room Tip: The rooms are all together facing over the hills and down to the sea, so really any room will be lov...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I wish I was still there as the jaccuzi was amazing as well as the comfy bed clean and lovley room. The food was amazing and the full breakfast was to die for as the food is cooked to perfection.
The staff and owners are lovley and you just make yourself at home.
The sceenary is fab and local to the coast and snowdon we loved it being from cardiff it was a welcomed break and cant wait to visit again.
I know that not all rooms have a jaccuzi but we did in room 3 and made the most of it!!! thanks to Helen and Rod for a fab stay from the cardiff two :) xx

• Stayed August 2012
Cheshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Recent stay at the Hawk & Buckle through deal with Groupon. Read mixed reviews prior to booking. All I can say is go and decide for yourself. Our stay was lovely, my husband & I was made very welcome, both by the owners and the locals, this made are stay very enjoyable. The bedroom was comfortable with lovely views over the countryside, huge fresh towels each day. Freshly cooked breakfast that sets you up for the day. The owners are very knowledgable of places to visit. There are some great places to see, we hope to return in the future. Thanks to all who made our stay so nice :-)

Room Tip: Room 6, huge comfy bed & nice views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

A lovely little former coaching inn with quaint charm. We got a good rate on late rooms. Our sat nav took us a very windy road way which we didn't mind! But once at the inn there were instructions in the room on how to get back to the main roads a easier way which was useful. Room was well equipped and modern, the jacuzzi bath didn't work but we didn't mind too much as the shower was lovely.
We didn't eat but went to the cosy bar for a few drinks in the evening. We also went for a little walk through the hills near the village & found some great Snowdon viewpoints. We were madero feel very welcome by any member of staff we saw and we loved the inn car Nelson!!! A proper little character. We would return:)

• Stayed July 2012
Huddersfield West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We have just had a 2 night KGB deal at The Hawk and Buckle Our room was no 6,It had a large jacuzzi bath and also over bath shower.In the deal we had full
English breakfasts which I must say we enjoyed.We would return if we could get a good deal

• Stayed August 2012

Been to The Hawk & Buckle Inn? Share your experiences!