“Beautiful boutique hotel on a perfect beach location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club

Save Saved
You added Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club to your Saves list
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Grand Anse Beach | Grand Anse, St. George's 3858, Grenada (Formerly Mount Cinnamon Grenada)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in St. George's
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful boutique hotel on a perfect beach location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went to Grenada with my girlfriend (now fiance) for 7 nights last month and Mount Cinnamon was an excellent choice of hotel for us.

Mount Cinnamon is that beautiful boutique hotel with lots of character - perfect if, like us, you want to avoid the typical soulless resort types. It has a great location too, just above the gorgeous Grand Anse beach - literally a 60 second walk away - one of their bars is in fact situated on the beach itself.

As soon as I arrived at the hotel I knew it was the perfect place to propose to my other half, and the awesome staff bent over backwards to set up a special dinner for us. We got engaged under the full moon on Grand Anse Beach and they even arranged a personal saxophonist for us! A special mention for their chef "Chef Andrew". This guy is unbelievable and I highly recommend his dishes especially the king fish and steak!

All in all, lots of character, the best food I'd tasted on the island, very friendly staff, great cocktails and perfect beach location. Thank you Mount Cinnamon - we hope to come back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had a wonderful dining experience with a large group at the resort's beach cabana. I wanted to do something special for my birthday and wanted to skip the traditional restaurant experience--especially since we were 20 people. After dining once at the main part of Savvy's restaurant, I learned about the Friday night bonfire nights and thought it sounded very fun. Each Friday the resort sets up a bonfire on beautiful Grand Anse beach near its beach cabana. For $40US/100EC, guests enjoy a 3 course menu including an appetizer, entree, and dessert in addition to enjoying live music, limbo festivities, delicious smores, and a perfect view of Grenada's starry open sky.

Before even arriving to dinner, I was extremely impressed with the customer service. I had been in touch with the resort director, Christine, who helped me plan the dinner with complete ease. When I asked Christine about options for my vegetarian friends, she immediately called me and put the chef on the phone to make sure I was pleased with what he would prepare for them. I was totally wowed! Both of them were even more hospitable and gracious in person, when they came over to every person at the table to make sure we were all enjoying ourselves.

The food was also very good and inventive. I have been to many of the restaurants in the area, but I really enjoyed the beach cabana's fusion between both local cuisine and modern trends. I enjoyed the lobster tail (an additional $10 US), but other options included a chicken kebab, crab cakes, ribs, and a burger. The vegetarians seemed quite pleased with their calaloo fritter to start and large portion of stir fried veggies with tofu as their entree. The dessert options were local ice cream or an incredibly delicious sweet potato pudding (locally known as poon). I was a bit skeptical of the pudding at first, but I always do as the locals do and did not regret it. It had the perfect dash of nutmeg and was creamy perfection. All of my friends agreed that the night was truly magical, and we are eager to return.

I also visited the beach cabana during the day, when it is set up with lounges and umbrellas. Despite its small size, it is the closest thing to a "hip" beach club I have seen in Grenada. My friends and I did not order anything to eat that day, but the drinks were great. I had been struggling to find the perfect mojito on the island as mint was scarce for a while, but I did find a winner at the beach cabana! The service that day was also fantastic, and the staff could not have been more friendly or fun. They continuously came over to ask us if we needed anything.

I will definitely be back and recommend it to anyone looking for a chill evening out or a relaxing day on the beach. Kudos to Christine and her wonderful team.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Let me start by saying that we (family of 5) had stayed twice before when Mount Cinnamon was the former (and much less expensive) Cinnamon Hill hotel. We always loved it because the location and view high on the hill is the best in all of Grenada. We resisted staying at Mount Cinnamon because we thought it would be too exclusive and fancy and not worth the higher prices. For our last trip we stayed at The Flamboyant next door. While The Flamboyant was certainly adequate, the rooms are no-frill, and one floor, like your typical hotel room. We opted to try Mount Cinnamon this time to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and boy, are we happy we did. It was absolutely wonderful and totally worth the price! We will not stay anywhere else from now on. It was not exclusive and every single person working there was so friendly, helpful and attentive. We didn't have a single moment of aggravation, as sometimes can happen when you suddenly transition to "island time". We stayed in Villa 10, which was 2 floors, exceptionally clean, and had great views - well worth the approximately 500(!) steps down to the beach. The bed was super comfy, air conditioning cool, and the US converter was a must to charge my phone every day. There is free wifi which worked great, and even a TV that got US channels! Breakfast was included in our rate and we ate there every morning. It was superb! I don't know how anyone could complain. We had more rain than usual, but spent a lot of time down at the beach cabana where there are a lot of comfy chairs, hammock and beach beds - all covered - as well as a bar. The coffee there was great. And, if you are celebrating something special, as we were, if you mention it, be prepared for the days of fanfare that will follow!! We had fresh flower petals on our bed, a card, a cake, and well wishes from literally every staff member. In addition, they told every restaurant where they made reservations for us, so that every night we went out was a celebration (with free champagne, desserts, etc)!! We are so happy we stayed there and will always stay there again as long as our legs hold out for the climb up and down the hill.

Oh, one last thing... go through homeaway.com to book. I initially called the hotel direct and got a price that seemed to conflict with their website. Then I saw a villa posted on home away.com that was $50 cheaper a night AND included breakfast. Ironically, when the person responded to me, it was not an individual, but a different hotel employee! I don't know why there were two different rates quoted, but breakfast for 2 every morning is pretty pricey, so it was a significantly cheaper rate. Go to Mount Cinnamon now!!

Room Tip: Stay in a Villa rather than one of the garden haciendas because the view and breezes are better and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you ever dream of having, perfect white beaches, a beautiful blue sea, fantastic views, good service, not having to fight for a sunbed or a cocktail, beautiful sunsets and just a brilliant and totally relaxing time away from it all, then you like us, you will love Mount Cinnamon, this was our second visit, the staff were amazing and even remembered us from last time, our villa was well equipped, clean, with lovely fixtures and fittings, especially those beds !! Kept all neat and tidy, by the wonderfully smiley Marilyn ! All of the staff were friendly, helpful and professional, taking real interest in our day and helping to make the most of our stay. We enjoyed, going to the gym and having a swim every morning, taking a short walk through the lovely gardens to the cabana, to enjoy the beach and sea, sunset yoga, parties on the beach, massage on the beach, we even found time to play croquet for the first time ever and visiting local restaurants a favourite of ours. Our sunset cocktails became a daily ritual not to be missed !

We had 15 days of pure paradise and pleasure, just chilling or liming as they would say in Grenada - perfect peace and relaxation.

We love Grenada, as it is safe, friendly, the people are amazing and you can achieve that dream of the perfect beach all to yourself !!

My daughter is a scuba diver, so Dive Grenada being on the doorstep is also brilliant, we both enjoyed visits to the sculpture park, diving and snorkelling (in my case) so at least I didn't feel left out, the fish are amazing, we saw turtles, sea horses, ship wrecks, the underwater sculpture park etc

This was our 6th trip to Grenada and Mount Cinnamon was our hotel of choice. We would love to go back again and have no regrets about returning on this occasion !

I can still hear the sea and feel the perfect peace of Mount Cinnamon - thank you for a lovely time to all those who made it so perfect !

Sue

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Schneisingen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We returned to MC for our 3rd visit (4th visit to the island) recently and will definitely go back again! We received a warm welcome from everyone and it was nice to be remembered by those staff who have worked at MC for a few years. The employees are very cheerful, helpful and competent; the atmosphere is relaxed. A noticeable improvement was the opening of the massage cabana close to the beach. Listening to the ocean and the gulls whilst being pampered by Cecelia and her excellent massages was wonderful. As we were staying for 3 weeks, we particularly liked having the choice to cook-in (well equipped kitchen), pop down to the resort restaurant or visit another local restaurant. Being divers, there is the added bonus of 'Dive Grenada' being just a 3 minute walk away. We had the opportunity to chat with the owner as well as Christine, the resort director and hear about some of their plans for MC and further improvements to keep the resort exclusive. It's a wonderful place!

Room Tip: Villas higher up the hill have the fantastic view but the road up to these villas is very steep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

An beautiful villa with view of St. George. Great service and very friendly staff. Great entertainment, meals and setting. Luxurious bedding made for spectacular sleeping. Two floor villa with kitchen made family setting manageable. Convenient walk to diving, swimming, dining on the beach, and cabana beach bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our first visit to Grenada and stayed at Mount Cinnamon and what a great experience it was! The setting is lovely with beautiful gardens, fruit trees, flowers, sun, sea and sand, surrounding the Hotel and apartments. We stayed in one of the higher apartments with fantastic views across the gardens and out towards the sea and St. Georges. The rooms were spacious and well appointed giving us the choice of cooking ourselves and eating on the large balcony, going to the Hotel restaurant, or visiting another restaurant on the Island, of which there are many, (we did all three!). The staff were friendly fun and always smiling and they made our stay very memorable, nothing is too much trouble and my husband spent may a happy time out at sea learning how to sail the Hotel Catamaran! My fond memories are of going to the beach and having a member of staff cut down a coconut from the tree, cutting the top cut off, and putting a straw in it for me to drink the milk, wonderful! The Hotel has a totally relaxed atmosphere and you have a choice of being quietly alone, with your rum punch/pina colada/water, or joining in one of the special Caribbean barbecues on the beach, to the accompaniment of steel drums. When we were feeling adventurous we explored the Island, including visiting a rum factory/nutmeg factory and trekking through the rain forest, the hotel can organise any trips you want, including diving and snorkelling. The only down side was the "buggy" which you can use to take you up to your apartment was in for service the second week we were there and the climb to the top apartments is very steep if you are not fit! On the other hand walking through the gardens and listening to the tree frogs (very noisy) takes away some of the pain, and the view is worth it!! It has been a long time since we had a holiday which was so relaxing yet so interesting and we have certainly fallen in love with Granada and Mount Cinnamon and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: I never went into any other rooms but listening to other guests it seems the ones with views of the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!