I had a wonderful dining experience with a large group at the resort's beach cabana. I wanted to do something special for my birthday and wanted to skip the traditional restaurant experience--especially since we were 20 people. After dining once at the main part of Savvy's restaurant, I learned about the Friday night bonfire nights and thought it sounded very fun. Each Friday the resort sets up a bonfire on beautiful Grand Anse beach near its beach cabana. For $40US/100EC, guests enjoy a 3 course menu including an appetizer, entree, and dessert in addition to enjoying live music, limbo festivities, delicious smores, and a perfect view of Grenada's starry open sky.
Before even arriving to dinner, I was extremely impressed with the customer service. I had been in touch with the resort director, Christine, who helped me plan the dinner with complete ease. When I asked Christine about options for my vegetarian friends, she immediately called me and put the chef on the phone to make sure I was pleased with what he would prepare for them. I was totally wowed! Both of them were even more hospitable and gracious in person, when they came over to every person at the table to make sure we were all enjoying ourselves.
The food was also very good and inventive. I have been to many of the restaurants in the area, but I really enjoyed the beach cabana's fusion between both local cuisine and modern trends. I enjoyed the lobster tail (an additional $10 US), but other options included a chicken kebab, crab cakes, ribs, and a burger. The vegetarians seemed quite pleased with their calaloo fritter to start and large portion of stir fried veggies with tofu as their entree. The dessert options were local ice cream or an incredibly delicious sweet potato pudding (locally known as poon). I was a bit skeptical of the pudding at first, but I always do as the locals do and did not regret it. It had the perfect dash of nutmeg and was creamy perfection. All of my friends agreed that the night was truly magical, and we are eager to return.
I also visited the beach cabana during the day, when it is set up with lounges and umbrellas. Despite its small size, it is the closest thing to a "hip" beach club I have seen in Grenada. My friends and I did not order anything to eat that day, but the drinks were great. I had been struggling to find the perfect mojito on the island as mint was scarce for a while, but I did find a winner at the beach cabana! The service that day was also fantastic, and the staff could not have been more friendly or fun. They continuously came over to ask us if we needed anything.
I will definitely be back and recommend it to anyone looking for a chill evening out or a relaxing day on the beach. Kudos to Christine and her wonderful team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just 22 spacious suites & villas all with exceptional sea views. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean Sea. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, swimming pool, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges
- Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club Grenada/Saint George Parish