Let me start by saying that we (family of 5) had stayed twice before when Mount Cinnamon was the former (and much less expensive) Cinnamon Hill hotel. We always loved it because the location and view high on the hill is the best in all of Grenada. We resisted staying at Mount Cinnamon because we thought it would be too exclusive and fancy and not worth the higher prices. For our last trip we stayed at The Flamboyant next door. While The Flamboyant was certainly adequate, the rooms are no-frill, and one floor, like your typical hotel room. We opted to try Mount Cinnamon this time to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and boy, are we happy we did. It was absolutely wonderful and totally worth the price! We will not stay anywhere else from now on. It was not exclusive and every single person working there was so friendly, helpful and attentive. We didn't have a single moment of aggravation, as sometimes can happen when you suddenly transition to "island time". We stayed in Villa 10, which was 2 floors, exceptionally clean, and had great views - well worth the approximately 500(!) steps down to the beach. The bed was super comfy, air conditioning cool, and the US converter was a must to charge my phone every day. There is free wifi which worked great, and even a TV that got US channels! Breakfast was included in our rate and we ate there every morning. It was superb! I don't know how anyone could complain. We had more rain than usual, but spent a lot of time down at the beach cabana where there are a lot of comfy chairs, hammock and beach beds - all covered - as well as a bar. The coffee there was great. And, if you are celebrating something special, as we were, if you mention it, be prepared for the days of fanfare that will follow!! We had fresh flower petals on our bed, a card, a cake, and well wishes from literally every staff member. In addition, they told every restaurant where they made reservations for us, so that every night we went out was a celebration (with free champagne, desserts, etc)!! We are so happy we stayed there and will always stay there again as long as our legs hold out for the climb up and down the hill.
Oh, one last thing... go through homeaway.com to book. I initially called the hotel direct and got a price that seemed to conflict with their website. Then I saw a villa posted on home away.com that was $50 cheaper a night AND included breakfast. Ironically, when the person responded to me, it was not an individual, but a different hotel employee! I don't know why there were two different rates quoted, but breakfast for 2 every morning is pretty pricey, so it was a significantly cheaper rate. Go to Mount Cinnamon now!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just 22 spacious suites & villas all with exceptional sea views. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean Sea. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, swimming pool, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges
- Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club Grenada/Saint George Parish