Myself and my Fiancee visited Mount Cinnamon in Grenada at the end of February this year for a weeks winter sun. We were firstly impressed by the hotels organised airport transfer, which were waiting for us on arrival. The airport is only a 5 minutes drive from the hotel also, which is always nice after a 10 hour flight.(Worth it for the sun) On our arrival at the hotel we were given a warm welcome, all our luggage was taken off us and taken to our villa and replaced with a rum cocktail. We were then given a tour of the hotel and their facilities including the gymnasium, restaurant, bar, treatment rooms, reception etc...We were then guided to our villa which was a beautiful two bedroom, two bathroom, chic boutique styled hotel, with huge beds, satellite television, loads of storage space (with coat hangers), a dressing area, fully equipped kitchen, and laundry facilities also. The bathrooms were large and of a high quality, with huge walk in showers, almost like a wet room in themselves. The rooms come with English and American sockets so don't worry about your adapters!
FOOD!!! - We ate in the restaurant nearly every night, the options included things like fresh catch of the day, fillet steak, rack of lamb, grilled lobster thermidor and the chefs daily special to name just a few, all were reasonably priced and the portions were generous, and the service was attentive yet relaxed. Breakfast offers excellent choices which included the american breakfast, homemade pancackes and traditional Grenadian breakfast and anything else you could think of or want. Breakfast and dinner is served on the terrace at the hotel also known as Savvy's this looks over the hotels gardens and onto the Caribbean sea. Lunch is served down in the beach side cabana and was another must, it served relaxed food on the beach within your own private area. The food served included lobster kebabs, burgers, fresh grilled fish and much more.
The island itself offers activities for all ages as a couple in our early 20's we enjoy the 'lazy holiday' which consists of sunbathing. But we also enjoyed seeing the island, the hotel organised a snorkeling and boat trip around the island. We went to Mount Edgecombe which is another of Mr De Savary's properties on the island, which is a beautiful transformed Plantation which offers the ultimate in luxury. Located just outside of the rain forest and completely secluded, with infinity pools looking over the forest and over the Caribbean sea (amazing!) We also did a tour of the island, visited Port Louis, went to rum and spice plantations and went into the rainforest to see the wild monkeys. Plenty to keep us occupied for the week! The snorkeling and trip to Mount Edgecombe were by far my favourites though.
Overall an excellent experience and amazing introduction for our first (but certainly not our last) holiday to the Caribbean! We were treated like royalty at Mount Cinnamon, nothing was too much trouble, and all our needs, expectations and wants were not only met but above and beyond also. I would recommend this holiday to any family, couple, solo traveller etc... It is an absolutely beautiful get away and we will be returning and could not recommend this hotel or the island more.
P.S. We have also stayed at the Cary Arms in Torquay, Devon and also at the The Old Swan in Whitney, Oxfordshire, both are boutique hotels which offer just as amazing food, service and accommodation. These are also owned by Mr DeSavary also.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just spacious 21 suites & villas. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Venere, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Grenada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.