Our stay at the Mount Cinnamon Resort (through Air Canada Vacations) was the perfect setting for a relaxing and wonderful week long holiday (March 16 - 23). Our spacious accommodation with bright tropical decor was located in Hacienda 1A. It was a lovely one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen, two full bathrooms, comfortable large living area with balcony overlooking the pool and the mountains beyond. Loads of closet space, washer/dryer, big comfy king bed and large windows. Exceeded our expectations! The hotel lobby and lounge, pool area, bar and dining room are open concept yet feel intimate, casual and comfortable. Very funky decor.
All the staff are extremely friendly, very accommodating and provided great service. We normally do not choose all inclusive vacations but we did this time. Breakfast (lots of choice) was very good with a lovely view. Most days we ventured down to the beach by mid-morning to relax and soak up the sun and sea - both were spectacular! The hotel's beach cabana on Grand Anse Beach is the best location and on the best unspoilt beach on the island. Lunch at the beach club was delicious - daily grilled fish or fish and lobster kebabs or salads or sandwiches. All excellent and made to order. We enjoyed a variety of blended fruit drinks, rum punch, bottled water and perrier - always available at the beach bar and always served with a smile. The beach furniture was very comfortable too - lots of options available both in full sun, full shade or half and half. The sun is intensely hot so having enough "shady spots" was very important. The "Dive Grenada" dive shop was located 1 minute down the beach and provided 4 excellent dive trips for my husband (an avid certified diver). He loved it. An added bonus, we both had amazing massages at the massage cabana (located on the property, beside the beach club) Fantastic! By mid-week we felt like exploring. We rented a car, arranged by the hotel, and did a full tour of the island (incredibly mountainous with loads of switchbacks) but spectacular scenery and interesting historical sights. Well worth the whole day. Grenada is a beautiful island to explore and we felt very safe. Great experience. Our dinners at Savvy's at the hotel were very good as well. The menu changes mid-week although more variety would be appreciated by the all inclusive guests. The ambience at night is quite different than at breakfast with the mountain breeze, the lighted trees and the stars over the ocean. Lovely.You have got to try the local ice cream for dessert - nutmeg, pistachio or chocolate. Yum! Christine, the Resort Director, was amazing and was happy to assist with our every need or she just checked in to make sure we were happy. Great public relations. So refreshing to get this personal service - a wonderful benefit at a smaller, more intimate resort. We highly recommend a vacation here. Will definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just spacious 21 suites & villas. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Grenada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.