My husband and I were booked to go to Bermuda for our honeymoon but on the first leg of our trip the flights were cancelled and we couldn't re-book for another two days. In two hours, we were forced to re-organise our honeymoon and we ended up in Grenada and at Mount Cinnamon. We could not have been more delighted with our experience!
The staff was amazing (particularly Sarah). They upgraded us to a villa to compensate for our experience and we enjoyed two magical weeks there.
There is access to a lovely beach from the grounds and a cabana with a bar and limited food menu (turn right and go down the beach to Umbrellas if you want a bigger menu). 3 minutes up the beach (left out of the cabana) is Dive Grenada. We took a PADI open water course and enjoyed some amazing dive experiences here.
A lot of the local business have co-operative deals, which you should look into. For example, guests of Mount Cinnamon can avail of free equipment rental at Dive Grenada. Or you can get a free ride to and from The Beach House restaurant for a lovely dinner.
Also - ask at reception about getting a guided tour. You can have a personal tour of the island with a lovely guide who will patiently wait as long as you need while you explore waterfalls, lakes, spice shops etc.
If you're staying in a villa and not in a Hacienda room, there is a bit of a steep walk to the villas but it's worth it. Without the walk, you wouldn't get the view - and you'll be relaxing so much, you'll probably need the exercise.
On our first day here, we were already planning our trip back.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Hotel
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada St Georges
- Mount Cinnamon Grenada Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique beach resort and club with just spacious 21 suites & villas. Set in luxuriant tropical gardens, each accommodation has a large sitting room, fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, outdoor living areas all with superb views of the beach and Caribbean. The main clubhouse offers a lively bar and restauraunt serving Mediterrean dishes fused with Creole style using fresh local ingredients many grown from the resorts private plantation. Facilities include a chic beach club with scuba-diving, beach and water sports as well as an alfresco massage cabana, tennis, croquet, fully equipped gymnasium and yoga. The resort is privately owned by Peter de Savary and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Mount Cinnamon Grenada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.