“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in St. George's
Sydney, Australia
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at Candle Glow Apartments. We arrived at 9:30 pm and we received a warm welcome from the owner and her friend. She made sure that we settled-in and then we went for a walk for some take-away dinner. There are a few options within a 10 minute walk - including Subway. There were plently of people around at that hour and no hassles. It's a 20 minute walk to the beautiful Anse Beach / Spicemall (with an IGA Supermarket) - it really didn't feel that far. Our double room was clean and spacious with a/c, wifi, cable tv and private bathroom. There is a shared kitchen if you wish to use it. It' s about 4 miles from St. Georges - which we were happy to walk there and back. There are plenty of mini-buses that ply the route too. We found all the staff to be very friendly and accommodating with late check-out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in route to Carriacou for Carnival 2013 & it was perfect. I saw a review here where someone complained about having to go all the up on a hill...its a tiny hill and a super short walk to the office. The ower is very friendly, free WIFI and cable TV with more selections than Grand Beach Resort, Tropicanna and more.
I would not think twice about crashing here again

• Stayed January 2013
Regina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a great experience at candle glow. We stayed there over christmas 2012. We had excellent wifi and a pretty much empty apartment building. Ruth was absolutely amazing. So friendly and courteous. She loved us and we loved her. She even saw us at the supermarket one day and she picked us up in her vehicle and drove us home! We had a great experience at the apartment.

• Stayed December 2012
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed in 4 and 5 star Hotels that cost over 300 a night. They don't compare to the experience I had at the Candle Glow. Very clean with just what I needed on vacation. After touring and site seeing, all I wanted was a shower and a clean bed. Their is a community kitchen when I wanted to make coffee or warm my food. The last hotel I stayed in had no place to warm my food and you could but coffee only by the pot. Ms Rita was very nice and helpful. Trever was a jewel. He was always there to help and kept watch over the place at night. I also recommend the Candle Glow because it's affordable, safe clean and quiet. I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
St. George's, Grenada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

As a solo world traveler, I would like share my strong recommendation of this wonderful place. I journeyed with a very limited budget, and affordable places on Grenada, particularly during High Season around the Christmas/ New Years holidays, are scarce indeed. The room I enjoyed here for 6 days made an IDEAL base for exploring the entire island and met all of my desires for simple, complete and clean lodging with a perfect location. The Candle Glow is set a bit up on a small hill near Lance Aux Epines Road near banks, a grocery, and fruit stands. It is a mere ten minute walk to the famed Grand Anse Beach and the large Spiceland Mall with its excellent full- size and well provisioned IGA supermarket in addition to many small stores and shops. It is also a ideal hub for very affordable buses leading to St. George's and all points beyond, while also being close enough to the international airport and some lovely and very secluded beaches in this vicinity. My room had a welcome warm shower and included bathroom, functioning air conditioning, a small television, wi-fi, and a nice bed with adequate lighting. The modest room was quiet and the grounds were secure and well tended. In short, all perfect for my needs.
Ms. Rita DaBrea was an extraordinary hostess who extended many kindnesses during my
stay. She and her sweet staff were the icing on the cake for me, and I will not forget all their
gracious and compassionate ways nor the pleasures of the Candle Glow. I recommend this
lodging most highly. Tim Hoban, California

Room Tip: After a brief look at rooms, I chose Room B. This turned out to be a very wise choice for me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ketchikan, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for one night, because we got in too late to catch the ferry to Carriacou, this is a wonderful place if you are traveling on a budget. Rita is really nice. Nothing fancy, just a bed and a shower (communal kitchen) but very clean...

Room Tip: these are apts do not know what bigger ones look like
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've been staying at these apartments for a few years. This is the only place to stay in Grenada. It's near local shops, bank,supermarket. It's about 5-10min walk. This place is clean, quiet. You have internet wireless connection, cable TV. If you prefer to cook, you can use the kitchen facilities. There is also A/C in the room

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Candle Glow Apartments? Share your experiences!