“Great cheap apartment, AMAZING service, a little far from the beach.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candle Glow Apartments

You added Candle Glow Apartments to your Saves list
Candle Glow Apartments
Lanse Aux Epines | Grand Anse, St. George's, Grenada   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in St. George's
Regina
“Great cheap apartment, AMAZING service, a little far from the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a great experience at candle glow. We stayed there over christmas 2012. We had excellent wifi and a pretty much empty apartment building. Ruth was absolutely amazing. So friendly and courteous. She loved us and we loved her. She even saw us at the supermarket one day and she picked us up in her vehicle and drove us home! We had a great experience at the apartment.

• Stayed December 2012

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed in 4 and 5 star Hotels that cost over 300 a night. They don't compare to the experience I had at the Candle Glow. Very clean with just what I needed on vacation. After touring and site seeing, all I wanted was a shower and a clean bed. Their is a community kitchen when I wanted to make coffee or warm my food. The last hotel I stayed in had no place to warm my food and you could but coffee only by the pot. Ms Rita was very nice and helpful. Trever was a jewel. He was always there to help and kept watch over the place at night. I also recommend the Candle Glow because it's affordable, safe clean and quiet. I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
St. George's, Grenada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

As a solo world traveler, I would like share my strong recommendation of this wonderful place. I journeyed with a very limited budget, and affordable places on Grenada, particularly during High Season around the Christmas/ New Years holidays, are scarce indeed. The room I enjoyed here for 6 days made an IDEAL base for exploring the entire island and met all of my desires for simple, complete and clean lodging with a perfect location. The Candle Glow is set a bit up on a small hill near Lance Aux Epines Road near banks, a grocery, and fruit stands. It is a mere ten minute walk to the famed Grand Anse Beach and the large Spiceland Mall with its excellent full- size and well provisioned IGA supermarket in addition to many small stores and shops. It is also a ideal hub for very affordable buses leading to St. George's and all points beyond, while also being close enough to the international airport and some lovely and very secluded beaches in this vicinity. My room had a welcome warm shower and included bathroom, functioning air conditioning, a small television, wi-fi, and a nice bed with adequate lighting. The modest room was quiet and the grounds were secure and well tended. In short, all perfect for my needs.
Ms. Rita DaBrea was an extraordinary hostess who extended many kindnesses during my
stay. She and her sweet staff were the icing on the cake for me, and I will not forget all their
gracious and compassionate ways nor the pleasures of the Candle Glow. I recommend this
lodging most highly. Tim Hoban, California

Room Tip: After a brief look at rooms, I chose Room B. This turned out to be a very wise choice for me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ketchikan, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for one night, because we got in too late to catch the ferry to Carriacou, this is a wonderful place if you are traveling on a budget. Rita is really nice. Nothing fancy, just a bed and a shower (communal kitchen) but very clean...

Room Tip: these are apts do not know what bigger ones look like
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've been staying at these apartments for a few years. This is the only place to stay in Grenada. It's near local shops, bank,supermarket. It's about 5-10min walk. This place is clean, quiet. You have internet wireless connection, cable TV. If you prefer to cook, you can use the kitchen facilities. There is also A/C in the room

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The service was great... The stay was great, clean has ac which we all want in the heat.. The owner was very helpful and friendly. You do have to carry essentials but other than that the stay was great.

Ada T.

Room Tip: Stayed the apartment 3 bedroom. Very big and spacious
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Last February, I was flying to Grenada and needed a place near the airport to spend one night. I was looking for an inexpensive, not frills place to crash before moving to a marina the next day. I found the Candle Glow Apartments through a Trip Advisor Search. The place appeared relatively new, clean and inexpensive, so I decided to make a reservation.

I made the reservation on line. At the time, I think the reservation went through a European Agency. Anyway, when I made the reservation, I ended up getting double booked; however, a quick return email to the agency resulted in removal of the second booking. I also included a note to the owners that I would be arriving late on American Eagle.

I arrived in Grenada about 21.00 and it was after 22.00 when a taxi dropped me at the Candle Glow. We drove in through a narrow road, past a repair shop and up a narrow street behind (?) the apartments. There were no lights, no signs and no directions to the office. I finally found someone to ask where the office was and was told it was in the house up on the hill. I hiked up the hill in the dark with my luggage in tow and found the owners. They evidently didn't get the note about my late arrival, figuring I was a no show, but were very friendly and walked down the hill to show me my room.

The room was a plain, single room with no frills and no tv, phone, etc. The room was new and clean. It was cool enough outside that opening the windows made it comfortable sleeping. The walls and door were thin and sounded like other tenants were in my room. The owner's dog spent a lot of time barking outside my door.

The next morning I climbed the hill again to check out. The credit card machine wasn't working so I had to pay cash. The owners were a nice couple and we spent some time talking.

I would probably stay there again under the circumstances, as a place to crash and move on the next day. It would probably be okay for a long term stay. I think there were a lot of medical school students staying long term there.

It is not really "near" anything. It is two or three blocks to stores and restaurants, a half mile to the "mall" and a mile or so to Grand Anse.

• Liked — Inexpensive, close to airport and marina.
  • Disliked — Trying to find where to check-in in the dark.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Candle Glow Apartments? Share your experiences!