I stayed here for 2 weeks with my two grow-up sons and we had a brilliant time. The Nutmeg apartment is huge, with comfortable squashy chairs and all the kitchen equipment you need. The view from the balcony is amazing and the pool lovely for cooling off. Wi-fi- (very important for my younger son!) was very good. The apartments are high up in the hills and light and breezy. We were there on the edge of the rainy season and had some spectacular tropical downpours but plenty of sunshine too. We were serenaded every evening by tiny whistling tree frogs and occasionally found one exploring indoors! Lucille and Anthony, their family, friends and staff are lovely, welcoming people who made such a difference to our holiday. For the very affordable amount we paid, we weren’t expecting delicious baking, groceries shopped and put away for our arrival, washing up done, beds made, towels and sheets changed – and Christine even cleaned my sons’ muddy hiking boots!
The apartments are at the top of a steep, winding, and pot-holed track, which our 4x4 hired (at a discount) from Grenada Gold coped with with no problem. We were glad we asked for transport from the airport as they would have been difficult to find. Shops and beaches are very close and buses are regular but you do need a car here. Driving is slow, scenic and enjoyable, though you have to keep your wits about you at night and we explored quite a bit of the island by accident in our first few days!
It was easy to arrange trips as Lucille sorted them for us (and most importantly, provided directions!) These included hiking in the rainforest on the local ‘hash’ (we went on a special event that included negotiating a landslide, which was a bit challenging for the unfit like me).
We had a great evening at Fish Friday at Gouyave and our driver, Andre, meant we could enjoy the local rum. Lucille also arranged a great catamaran and snorkelling trip and - our favourite - hire of ‘e-sea riders’, fast 2-person inflatable motorboats. This was a guided 3-hour trip that included snorkelling and a beach stop - quite expensive but definitely worth it.
We cooled off in waterfalls, walked on deserted beaches, took a boat to Hog Island for the Sunday beach bar and music, and visited the Georgetown museum, Rivers rum factory and the chocolate factory – all have excellent guides and cost next to nothing. I must mention the museum at Spice Basket which is more expensive but has an amazing cricket museum with a very knowledgeable guide if you’re a fan (I’m actually not particularly but I still loved it!).The Creole Shack and BB's Crabback were great places to eat, overlooking the Carenage in Georgetown. Chilling out with free rum punches while watching the crab racing right on the beach at the Flamboyant Hotel - an unusual way for my son to spend his birthday, and he would agree, not in a bad way!
Ignore the couple of bad reviews of these apartments. The water is hot and perfectly fine for a shower (just a bit of patience required!), the breeze is cooling, and I was comfortable in the smaller bedroom at night with the fan on. I am pushing pension age and didn’t notice any problem with the steps! There’s loads to do on this beautiful island and everyone is so friendly and helpful - there were still things we didn’t get around to doing in 2 weeks. If you stay at Grenada Gold we don't think you could get better value for money or a better experience of Grenada anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 self contained spacious apartments - named the Nutmeg & Plantation Suites are new. With Swimming Pool. Fully furnished & fully equipped, set in a 3 storey Grenadian home. (Owners live on the top floor) Both apartments have private entrances & spacious sea view verandahs. A/C available in the master bedrooms & Cable T.V. Just 20 mins from the airport. Beach and shops are 10 minutes drive. Located in a Prestigious residential area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grenada Gold Guest Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Gold Guest Apartments Hotel St. George`s
- Grenada Gold Guest Apartments Saint George Parish