“Relaxing, Beautiful, and the best customer service in Grenada!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maca Bana

You added Maca Bana to your Saves list
Maca Bana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Magazine Beach | P.O. Box 496, Point Salines, St. George's, Grenada   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in St. George's
Grenada
“Relaxing, Beautiful, and the best customer service in Grenada!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have stayed at the Cherry Villa, and are currently in the Pineapple Villa. The views are breathtaking, the property is superb, very clean, and the upkeep is wonderful. The owner is a kind man, very personable, and great to chat with. The manager of the properties has the best customer service in Grenada.
Would recommend this property over any other in Grenada. We have stayed at Prickly Bay as well for the past year and a half.
Maca Bana takes the cake!

Room Tip: Any Villa, but Mango and Pineapple for sure! Added a hammock and aquarium because we love it so much
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Last year my husband and I stayed two glorious nights in the much coveted PawPaw with its sweeping views of the sea. This year, when I contacted Nickson to book PawPaw again, he informed me that only Rock Fig was available for our dates. I must admit I had a momentary pout, but quickly resigned myself to make the best of it. Four amazing nights in Rock Fig later, I am converted! Rock Fig is just as dreamy as PawPaw, has stupendous views and in fact a bit more privacy. For me, the all important patch of shade on the deck sealed the deal.

When you open the door to Rock Fig you enter the outdoor area and are immediately struck by the breathtaking views. It never gets old. We kept our scenario simple, cooking most of our meals in the well equipped kitchen, making salads and smoothies from local ingredients. One morning we took the twenty minute stroll to nearby resort LaLuna for a yoga class (ask Nickson for walking directions.) Their outdoor yoga pavilion is on the beach facing the water. It happened we were the only ones atteneding the class that day so we got, what turned out to be, a fabulous private lesson for under $20.

Back at MacaBana we spent the days lounging on the stunning beach, lolling around the hot tub and cooling off in the infinity pool. We visited with the turtles, admired all the beautiful landscaped fruits and flowers and would head up the hill in the evenings to watch the sunset. Nickson was a pleasure to deal with as always. We were thrilled with the cell phone provided and used it to call home. The meals we had at The Aquarium restaurant were great. I love the atmosphere there in the evenings. The whole place transforms from a casual beachside hangout by day to a sophisticated candle lit dining room by evening. It is intoxicating to sit so close to the water watching the waves gently crash just a few feet away while you dine.The service was perfect and the food delicious.

Our Rock Fig room was so comfortable, the bed firm and cozy, the bathroom clean and spacious. Mary kept our room tidy and perfectly stocked with fresh towels. We loved the deck with its cushioned lounge chairs, we could snuggle down with our books and glance up to look over the sea without ever moving!

Needless to say we have been spoiled by MacaBana and dream about a return visit daily.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I chose to stay at Maca Bana on my recent Grenada vacation from the reviews on TA. It was a great choice. We stayed in the Paw Paw villa which had a great view of Magazine Beach. We arrived late and Nickson, the GM was there to greet us. He brought us to the room and gave us a cell phone with a $10 credit for local/LD calls. This was good because Nickson was rarely in the office. He is running the hotel and does a great job. The room was spacious and clean and had an amazing kitchen w/everything you would need to make a meal. Housekeeping even did the dishes for us everyday (I left them an extra tip). There was a large flat screen TV that had many channels so we could see the news at night. The bathroom was clean and had 2 sinks. The hotel is located 3 mins from the airport. I read a few reviews about airplane noise. I barely heard planes. I saw a few flashing lights at night but nothing that disturbed our vacation. Since MB is near the airport, a cab ride anywhere costs a minimum of $14.00 US per way. We ended up renting a car- which Nickson set up. It was $55 US per day and worth it if you want to go sightseeing/dinner etc. The restaurant (Aquarium) at MB was good. Please read my review of that. My only slightly negative review was at check out. We had a 9:50am flight out and wasn't given any instructions on leaving- where to leave the key, a ride to the airport etc. I ended up calling Nickson on the cell phone (all of the important #'s are pre-programmed in the phone). He called for a cab to take us there. We left the cell phone and key in the room and left. We had to carry our own bags up but it was fine (it was 7:30am). MB is not a full service resort- there is no room service, beach service etc. but I loved that and would definitely I loved MB and would definitely stay again.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Thank you, we have had a perfect time staying here and would definately return as we really haven't done a lot ...lol....
Location so close to the airport which is great! The views of st George's are amazing from our bana ! The villa is so well equipped not that we needed to use everything as far as the kitchens concerned as there are restaurants close by (The aquarium , the beach house and la Luna all walking distance )! These are all excellent .
You need a car to get to the super market although Maca Bana will arrange shopping for you.
Next time I would like some painting lessons !

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's hard to believe that it's been so long since my husband and I stayed here but it feels like just yesterday. We still fantasize about returning! Yes, the Maca Bana actually is as wonderful as all of the reviews say it is. And after traveling around the world, we can say with confidence that the Maca Bana is one of those special places that just gets it right: amazing views, classy service, and attention to all of the little details that differentiate a good vacation from a truly great one.

We stayed in the Cherry Bana and loved having our own 2-story villa to ourselves. Top highlights include:

-Full gourmet kitchen WITH housekeeping staff who do your dishes! We loved that we could cook for ourselves and not have to clean up.
-Gorgeous complimentary tropical fruit tray upon check-in that lasted our whole stay
-Breathtaking views
-Very unique wooden staircase that looked like a tree and beautiful flowers and artwork everywhere
-Lazy nights spent drinking pina coladas by the hot tub
-Fast and efficient concierge service that arranged for a last minute hiking tour and SCUBA dives
-Locally-made soaps made of spices from the island that just smelled so darn good!

Hands down, the best place we've ever stayed. Period.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I spend a few days at the Maca Bana after a friend's wedding. The view was spectacular. The room had air conditioning, was spacious and clean. It was very nice to have a full kitchen. The complimentary breakfast stocked in our fridge was enough food to have breakfast every morning and a snack whenever we wanted. It was great making your own coffee and sitting out on your own private patio and deck in the morning - watching the waves crash on the beach. The hot tub was a nice feature too. But I have to say, Nickson, the manager, really made the hotel special. He was very attentive and personable, even before we got to the hotel. He answered all my questions, always was available, and when we got there, he was always available when we needed or had questions.

I would highly recommend the hotel, especially if you are looking for privacy and good service. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having visited these villas for a friend's wedding a couple of years ago, I kept searching for a reason to return. What better reason than our honeymoon! We requested the Paw Paw villa on booking and from that moment the service we experienced from Nickson was without fault.

We got there very early (before the office was even open) and were met by Nickson who showed us to our villa. I must say being able to access the villa from the time we got there to the time we left which was way past the usual check out time, made the experience priceless. The courtesy extended ensures we will be back for more.

The villa itself was amazing and the view out of this world. Words cannot even describe this little piece of heaven.

Dinner at the Aquarium restaurant was great, but we noticed a difference the second night we dined when the restuarant had more people, and the service and quality of food were not as good as the night before. Still great food but there was a difference.

The pool was absolutely lovely and the entire surroundings so tranquil and private.

The local phone given to us on arrival is also a great touch, and again these are the things that make Maca Bana stand out.

We will definitely be back, thanks for the tour of the family villa Nickson!

Ariane & Brian

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Maca Bana? Share your experiences!