Last year my husband and I stayed two glorious nights in the much coveted PawPaw with its sweeping views of the sea. This year, when I contacted Nickson to book PawPaw again, he informed me that only Rock Fig was available for our dates. I must admit I had a momentary pout, but quickly resigned myself to make the best of it. Four amazing nights in Rock Fig later, I am converted! Rock Fig is just as dreamy as PawPaw, has stupendous views and in fact a bit more privacy. For me, the all important patch of shade on the deck sealed the deal.
When you open the door to Rock Fig you enter the outdoor area and are immediately struck by the breathtaking views. It never gets old. We kept our scenario simple, cooking most of our meals in the well equipped kitchen, making salads and smoothies from local ingredients. One morning we took the twenty minute stroll to nearby resort LaLuna for a yoga class (ask Nickson for walking directions.) Their outdoor yoga pavilion is on the beach facing the water. It happened we were the only ones atteneding the class that day so we got, what turned out to be, a fabulous private lesson for under $20.
Back at MacaBana we spent the days lounging on the stunning beach, lolling around the hot tub and cooling off in the infinity pool. We visited with the turtles, admired all the beautiful landscaped fruits and flowers and would head up the hill in the evenings to watch the sunset. Nickson was a pleasure to deal with as always. We were thrilled with the cell phone provided and used it to call home. The meals we had at The Aquarium restaurant were great. I love the atmosphere there in the evenings. The whole place transforms from a casual beachside hangout by day to a sophisticated candle lit dining room by evening. It is intoxicating to sit so close to the water watching the waves gently crash just a few feet away while you dine.The service was perfect and the food delicious.
Our Rock Fig room was so comfortable, the bed firm and cozy, the bathroom clean and spacious. Mary kept our room tidy and perfectly stocked with fresh towels. We loved the deck with its cushioned lounge chairs, we could snuggle down with our books and glance up to look over the sea without ever moving!
Needless to say we have been spoiled by MacaBana and dream about a return visit daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maca Bana is an intimate boutique hotel comprising 7 artistically designed, solar-powered ‘banas’ with gorgeous ocean views and private massaging hot tubs above our tropical Aquarium Restaurant on Magazine Beach. Laid-back luxury and unrivaled privacy for a sensual & inspiring holiday experience in a warm atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Maca Bana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Bana Hotel St. George`s
- Maca Bana St Georges
- Maca Bana Grenada/Saint George Parish