I chose to stay at Maca Bana on my recent Grenada vacation from the reviews on TA. It was a great choice. We stayed in the Paw Paw villa which had a great view of Magazine Beach. We arrived late and Nickson, the GM was there to greet us. He brought us to the room and gave us a cell phone with a $10 credit for local/LD calls. This was good because Nickson was rarely in the office. He is running the hotel and does a great job. The room was spacious and clean and had an amazing kitchen w/everything you would need to make a meal. Housekeeping even did the dishes for us everyday (I left them an extra tip). There was a large flat screen TV that had many channels so we could see the news at night. The bathroom was clean and had 2 sinks. The hotel is located 3 mins from the airport. I read a few reviews about airplane noise. I barely heard planes. I saw a few flashing lights at night but nothing that disturbed our vacation. Since MB is near the airport, a cab ride anywhere costs a minimum of $14.00 US per way. We ended up renting a car- which Nickson set up. It was $55 US per day and worth it if you want to go sightseeing/dinner etc. The restaurant (Aquarium) at MB was good. Please read my review of that. My only slightly negative review was at check out. We had a 9:50am flight out and wasn't given any instructions on leaving- where to leave the key, a ride to the airport etc. I ended up calling Nickson on the cell phone (all of the important #'s are pre-programmed in the phone). He called for a cab to take us there. We left the cell phone and key in the room and left. We had to carry our own bags up but it was fine (it was 7:30am). MB is not a full service resort- there is no room service, beach service etc. but I loved that and would definitely I loved MB and would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maca Bana is an intimate boutique hotel comprising 7 artistically designed, solar-powered ‘banas’ with gorgeous ocean views and private massaging hot tubs above our tropical Aquarium Restaurant on Magazine Beach. Laid-back luxury and unrivaled privacy for a sensual & inspiring holiday experience in a warm atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Maca Bana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Bana Hotel St. George`s
- Maca Bana St Georges
- Maca Bana Grenada/Saint George Parish