“Most luxurious place I've ever stayed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maca Bana

You added Maca Bana to your Saves list
Maca Bana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Magazine Beach | P.O. Box 496, Point Salines, St. George's, Grenada   |
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in St. George's
San Francisco, California
“Most luxurious place I've ever stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's hard to believe that it's been so long since my husband and I stayed here but it feels like just yesterday. We still fantasize about returning! Yes, the Maca Bana actually is as wonderful as all of the reviews say it is. And after traveling around the world, we can say with confidence that the Maca Bana is one of those special places that just gets it right: amazing views, classy service, and attention to all of the little details that differentiate a good vacation from a truly great one.

We stayed in the Cherry Bana and loved having our own 2-story villa to ourselves. Top highlights include:

-Full gourmet kitchen WITH housekeeping staff who do your dishes! We loved that we could cook for ourselves and not have to clean up.
-Gorgeous complimentary tropical fruit tray upon check-in that lasted our whole stay
-Breathtaking views
-Very unique wooden staircase that looked like a tree and beautiful flowers and artwork everywhere
-Lazy nights spent drinking pina coladas by the hot tub
-Fast and efficient concierge service that arranged for a last minute hiking tour and SCUBA dives
-Locally-made soaps made of spices from the island that just smelled so darn good!

Hands down, the best place we've ever stayed. Period.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I spend a few days at the Maca Bana after a friend's wedding. The view was spectacular. The room had air conditioning, was spacious and clean. It was very nice to have a full kitchen. The complimentary breakfast stocked in our fridge was enough food to have breakfast every morning and a snack whenever we wanted. It was great making your own coffee and sitting out on your own private patio and deck in the morning - watching the waves crash on the beach. The hot tub was a nice feature too. But I have to say, Nickson, the manager, really made the hotel special. He was very attentive and personable, even before we got to the hotel. He answered all my questions, always was available, and when we got there, he was always available when we needed or had questions.

I would highly recommend the hotel, especially if you are looking for privacy and good service. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having visited these villas for a friend's wedding a couple of years ago, I kept searching for a reason to return. What better reason than our honeymoon! We requested the Paw Paw villa on booking and from that moment the service we experienced from Nickson was without fault.

We got there very early (before the office was even open) and were met by Nickson who showed us to our villa. I must say being able to access the villa from the time we got there to the time we left which was way past the usual check out time, made the experience priceless. The courtesy extended ensures we will be back for more.

The villa itself was amazing and the view out of this world. Words cannot even describe this little piece of heaven.

Dinner at the Aquarium restaurant was great, but we noticed a difference the second night we dined when the restuarant had more people, and the service and quality of food were not as good as the night before. Still great food but there was a difference.

The pool was absolutely lovely and the entire surroundings so tranquil and private.

The local phone given to us on arrival is also a great touch, and again these are the things that make Maca Bana stand out.

We will definitely be back, thanks for the tour of the family villa Nickson!

Ariane & Brian

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Paw Paw Villa in the last two weeks of October 2012. Two weeks of pure relaxation, with breathtaking views, fantastic staff, great host in Nixon and amazing food at The Aquarium. We considered staying at La Luna and chose Maca Bana instead - we're glad we did. The villa was small, intimate just for two, exactly what we were after. It was fully and thoughtfully equipped with everything we could think of needing, and the creative decor and furnishings added so much personal character to the accommodation. The high cliff top location was brilliant - OK the hills are steep and not to be underestimated, but take it steady and they are not so bad; you do get used to the climb after a day or two (we also heard that there are plans to get a golf buggy to help with hill climbing transport if required) - but its the clifftop location that gave the villa its views - and they were stunning! So many times we just sat in the hot tub or window seat mesmerised by the turquoise sea, beach and picturesque capital, St George's, in the distance. The white sand beach is excellent, though on the odd day the surf could be a little rough - if you find a Casio divers watch it could well be mine !! Can't recommend this place enough and can't wait to return. Nixon, get that reservation written down. ( Dave and Mary - UK )

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 and a half weeks relaxing in Avocado Villa during October 2012. After exploring the island, we believe Maca Bana is the best place to stay in Grenada. The view of the Caribbean Sea and St. George's from our deck always entranced us, day and night. The beach, pool and hot tub kept us refreshed during our stay. The design of the villa from the bamboo lighted railing on the deck, to the banisters on the stairwell, the 3 D geckos painted on the wall, along with the avocado accents provided an environment that was both soothing and efficient. The top of the line appliances and array of glasses and dishes allowed whatever we cooked to be delectable.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was only a one night stay however I would have been more than happy to move in, beautiful apartment with all the facilities that you need, fitting decor, nice surrounding gardens and even though the other house r close there is still a sense of privacy.

• Stayed November 2012
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

As I was planning our trip I knew that I needed to find a place that could suit my family's needs - and wants for a vacation. Reflecting on our stay, Maca Bana really was exactly what I was looking for. I heard of Maca Bana through their superb affiliated restaurant The Aquarium. After considering other options in Grenada, I ultimately chose to stay here for the solitary grounds, beautiful rooms, and guidance. The general manager, Nickson, was prompt and eager to answer all of my questions and requests before booking. He made my decision comfortable and guided me into the best bana that suited us. Nickson advised that we stay in Pineapple for our stay and it was perfect for our family.

Rebecca (the owner) introduced the room upon arrival and showed us around. The kitchen had some food items stocked with a beautiful spread of local fruit. They even had a pack-n-play setup for us in the extra bedroom for our daughter. Another fringe benefit was a cell phone to use free of charge, which was very nice to have.

Our Bana, Pineapple, was perfect for us. From the floor plan to the deck, it was exactly what we wanted feeling at home away from home. The extra bedroom was used as a nursery, and it even had a rocking chair that my wife used to rock our daughter to sleep as she looked out to the ocean. My wife and I have always enjoyed cooking and the kitchen offers everything you need with wonderful appliances. The bathrooms are spacious and unique. The deck was beautiful and the hot tub was very relaxing during the evenings. For the most part, the Bana was very private and it even has a small private yard and garden. The view was amazing, especially while sitting in the hot tub relaxing. The grounds overall are beautiful, with spectacular views. In fact, we had a photographer take some family photos on the grounds and they came out great.

We really enjoyed our evenings cooking and eating on the deck looking out to the ocean, but one night we had a chef from the Aquarium come up to cook and serve. It was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it. I also ordered a spa service for my wife, and she thoroughly enjoyed the spa service right on the deck without having to leave.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay. Nickson setup all of our request and made sure to follow-up with us to make sure all was well. The maid, Mary, was very sweet and considerate. She would be as quiet as possible while our daughter slept, and kept beautiful flower arrangements in our room. Those little things make for a big difference to me. If you are looking for more than a hotel / resort feel than I highly recommend Maca Bana. It was a fantastic choice for us and we definitely will be back. If you are like me and wanting to make sure you get the best Bana for your needs, just talk to Nickson. All of the Banas look impeccable, and each seem to offer something unique. Oh, and if you are in our situation - don't forget the baby monitor! ;-) Hope you found this helpful.

Room Tip: The Banas are all very nice. Just talk to Nickson - I'm glad I did.