We last visited Maca Bana in May 2010. We had a really good time but felt a little restricted by the size of our Bana Paw Paw. We made good use of the hot tub but found the other outside space small for any real use. After we booked to come back in 2012 we realised that Michaela who was general manager in 2010 had left and wondered if this was a bad omen as she had been one of the really good things about Maca Bana, no need to have worried the new general manager Nickson is really good (not the same but equally good).
We booked Paw Paw again as the view is to die for and had seen on line that the external space had been extended. What a difference, we spent time everyday sun bathing on the huge deck and every morning had breakfast out there. It was really good to recognise most of the staff and find them just as friendly as last time.
One major change we made this time was to rent a car for the whole of our stay. This meant that we could just get in and drive or go shopping whenever we wanted. We did not make a huge amount of use of the car but it certainly helped.
All in all the changes to Paw Paw made this a better holiday than last time (and last time was really good). My wife said to me this morning ,we are packing to leave at the moment, that usually when you go back a second time it is never as good as you remember but this time it was actually better.
The other major change we made to our holiday this year was to split it between two hotels, Maca Bana being room only meant we got out often and visited restaurants as we wished. This afternoon we are driving to Spice Island Resort for a week of pampering (we had previously been to Spice in 2009) and we will see if that lives up to our great memories, review to follow.
To summarise, our room Paw Paw was better that last time, the good things are the fabulous view, Nickson and the staff and the Magazine beach. We would certainly come back.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Bana Hotel St. George`s
- Maca Bana St Georges
- Maca Bana Hotel
- Maca Bana Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maca Bana is an intimate boutique hotel comprising 7 artistically designed, solar-powered ‘banas’ with gorgeous ocean views and private massaging hot tubs above our tropical Aquarium Restaurant on Magazine Beach. Laid-back luxury and unrivaled privacy for a sensual & inspiring holiday experience in a warm atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Maca Bana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.