“APTLY NAMED” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“APTLY NAMED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Part of the Port Louis Marina complex, this restaurant is very popular with both the crews and owners of the boats in the marina. The food is very good and they have a BBQ on friday nights.

Visited January 2013

71% Recommend
Toronto
“Started great, then quickly downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A lovely spot, right on the Port Louis marina. Stunning mega-yachts on the pier provide a picturesque background.
Server was quick to seat us and provide menus. Lots to choose from, as posted, a bit pricey but nice for a treat. Pina Coladas especially good according to our taste testers.

Our server seemed a bit rushed "So, wat you wan eat?" and we made our choices. The seafood pasta was very good, pizza showed promise as I was getting a whiff of hardwood where they cook the pies.

Stay away from the Jerk Chicken pizza, mine was undercooked and while the chicken may have been jerked off the bone it in no way had the flavour I was expecting. Bland, with a mere hint of a grill mark. And it arrived as my companions were half-way through their dinners.

Once the entrees were delivered, our server was all but invisible to us.
When I found her, and raised the issue of undercooked crust and bland chicken, she lifted a few slices off the plate to check, gave a bit of a huff, dropped the slices back on and walked away.
She did offer to replace it, but after waiting 20 minutes for the cheque (our wives had left and were browsing a very nice shop by this time) I told her no thanks, we were done. No offer to take it off the bill.

I did speak to the manager who was much more accomodating and removed the pizza. Nice save.

Sitting outside, its a smoking area. A special shout out to the couple at the next table who fired up 2 lung darts each between every course. Folks, check the wind direction when seated.

Can't recommend dinner at Victory, there are other waterfront places with better food better prices and much better service. Yes De Big Fish, I'm talking about you.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Pretentious setting, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We didn't like the setting at all. The food was over-priced for an ok quality. Port Louis is very Disney-esque in a country that has so many authentic cultural experiences. I would grab a quick drink and walk around the area if you are passing by, but don't waste too much time here.

Visited December 2012
Crawley
“On the marina”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Lovely little place found by chance. Set in the marina which the yachts as the back. There's a wood burning pizza oven so pizza taste really good however there is speciality dishes as well. Drinks are pricey here but the food cost is reasonable.

Visited December 2012
St. George's, Grenada
“great place to have drinks, and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Victory bar and restaurant is a great place to have dinner and drinks, be it with the family, or with friends. It is located at the outskirts of St. George's, about 10-20 minutes from the airport. Friday nights are the best as the place really comes alive. It is very popular and you will meet many friendly people. Any visit here is likely to meet other friendly travellers. Food is excellent, I suggest the pork ribs, but there are lots more great dishes to choose from. Service is a bit slow, but not a major problem as I alwayz enjoy myself each time I visit. The price is a slight bit expensive, but the taste is worth it. You may also choose to sit by the poolside.

There is also a marina there so you will find a lot of yatches there. When in Grenada I encourage you to visit this place.

• Visited November 2012