Having visited Grenada a number of times staying at the wonderful La Source, since its closure we had to find alternative accommodation and after reviewing Grenada's other hotels decided on a 2 centre stay, first week on Grand Anse beach and the second at True Blue Bay as it was a smaller family concern and different location whilst still close to the airport and had onsite diving. We booked a Tower Suite at True Blue, but didn't venture up to the Tower more than a couple of times as the spiral staircase was difficult to negotiate with your hands full and the veranda had plenty of seating and good views. The Tower Room was clean and very spacious and kitchen very well equipped, although as we were all inclusive, we only really made use of the fridge and kettle. The bathroom was also very large, although we had difficulty figuring out how to use the space age shower. Also the toiletries were fixed outside the shower cubicle making it difficult to access them whilst showering.
The bar staff make excellent rum punch, so good we didn't get to try any other cocktails. Food in Dodgy Dock was very good and the setting is great overlooking the visiting yachts. Only issue we had is that on inclusive you have to pay full price for steak or lobster, which we objected to, most all inclusive hotels charge a supplement for these items, which is acceptable. We found Christmas Day/Boxing Day buffets probably the most disappointing during our stay. Breakfast definitely needs a lot more fruit, very often empty and when refilled little choice - Caribbean has so much wonderful fresh tropical fruit and we like to see plenty of it on the breakfast buffet.
Both pool areas were quiet during our stay, but we much preferred the "beach" pool overlooking the boats. We did miss the real beach and used the shuttle to Grand Anse a couple of times, but felt the timings of 11.00/3.30 didn't really make best use of a whole day, would have preferred 9.00/12.30 or 1.30/5.00 to allow us to do other things for half day, but that's purely personal preference.
Cooking class on Thursdays is very amusing entertainment. Also Chocolate class was very interesting and informative. My husband enjoyed the yoga, which was very well attended and we both had a relaxing massage on our last day. My husband dived with Aquanauts a couple of times and found them very professional.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful, although on a couple of occasions there seemed to be some mis-communication or lack of knowledge. When asked where to change beach towels we were advised they were changed at evening turndown service, but although we left used towels outside door every night they were still there next morning.
All in all a good stay and we would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True Blue Bay Resort, Grenada Friendly and homelike this colorful and delightful Boutique Resort reflects the life style of the beautiful island of Grenada and its community. Set among tropical gardens sloping down to the sparkling blue waters of the bay, True Blue offers a charming variety of perfectly appointed rooms suiting every budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your True Blue Bay Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- True Blue Bay Boutique Hotel St. George`s
- True Blue Bay Hotel Marina
- True Blue Bay St Georges
- True Blue Bay Boutique Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish