Having been recommended by other businesses on Grenada, my wife and I together with another couple decided to spend the New Year celebrations at the True Blue Bay Resort, so this review is based on one night's experiences. The major recommendations were regarding the amazing fireworks display. We met one of the proprietors, Russ, who enquired where we were staying for the rest of our vacation, when I told him he retorted that if any place was less like a Palace then that was it. I was rather taken aback as I had just seen this same man on the BBC trying to promote Grenadian tourism. The accommodation was nice but expensive, no beach but a marina, there are 2 pools at which you cannot obtain any drinks, soft or alcoholic. We paid an all inclusive price for the New Year buffet meal and the later party. Having had a pretty standard meal we moved to the party location where I was presented with a bill for wine, although I was informed earlier that drinks were included. I was then informed that this did not cover a price of a bottle. I then noticed a lot of people entering the party with bottles of Champagne, I asked if we were entitled to this and was told that this was only for the early entrants. I stated we had been here since 2pm that afternoon and were residents with all - inclusive tickets. I eventually had to ask to see the Bar manager who eventually somewhat reluctantly gave us the champagne. I noticed that other residents were being side lined in preference to the evening revellers. The following morning when checking out I explained to the reception staff that I was not at all happy with the service we had received the previous evening and that it had really ruined our New Year celebrations, especially as the bill for the wine was still on my account. The receptionist proceeds to ring, I can only assume the Bar and Restaurant staff and thoroughly admonished them for their service, then sincerely apologised to us on behalf of the resort and removed the wine charge from the account.
I was very relieved to return to the "Palace" for the remainder of our stay. For the record the fireworks would have been absolutely spectacular had it not have been for the midnight downpour.
- Also Known As:
- True Blue Bay Boutique Hotel St. George`s
- True Blue Bay Boutique Hotel
- True Blue Bay Hotel Marina
- True Blue Bay St Georges
- True Blue Bay Boutique Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True Blue Bay Resort, Grenada Friendly and homelike this colorful and delightful Boutique Resort reflects the life style of the beautiful island of Grenada and its community. Set among tropical gardens sloping down to the sparkling blue waters of the bay, True Blue offers a charming variety of perfectly appointed rooms suiting every budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Venere, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your True Blue Bay Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.