We chose this place because of it's proximity to St. George's University, as we were planning to visit our son there. It is literally directly across the Bay, and just a 13 minute walk away from the campus.
We had a waterfront suite, and loved waking up to the beautiful view of the bay each morning. The suites have a lower balcony off the living area and another balcony off of the bedroom. Even though we didn't use the kitchenette, it seemed to have anything you'd need to fix simple meals.
There are two pools, one on the beach and the other up higher. Both have plenty of shaded area to escape from the sun. If you are unable to navigate slopes and stairs, this is probably not the place for you, as the resort is built on multiple levels with sloping paths and stairs leading from one area to the next. There is plenty of lush natural vegetation all around, and you really feel as though you are in the tropics.
We loved the Dodgy Dock, a restaurant literally on a large dock jutting out over the water. Whether for the complimentary breakfasts that are included with the stay or for a meal or just a cocktail in the evening, it was a fun relaxing place to sit and soak in the view. Staff was friendly and helpful. In the evenings there was live music at times. We were never bothered by the music at night, even when we went to our room early.
For a simple lunch meal, there are several options within a ten minute walk. At the top of the driveway turn left, and then take the first left again. You'll come to an area of outdoor food vendors with picnic tables that the students from St. George's use. Good selections and inexpensive.
One of the most beautiful beaches on the island is Grand Anse, and the hotel provides a complimentary ride to and from the beach. Just let them know when you'd like to go and be picked up. There's a great lunch place right on the beach. Umbrellas is in the name and the food and drinks were terrific.
It's worth it to arrange for a driver to take you around the island, and the resort has a concierge who will arrange that for you. We arranged ours privately, but the price given on the hotel's bulletin board seemed reasonable and I heard guests speaking positively of their experience with the all day tour booked through the hotel.
All in all, a delightful vacation and I'd stay here again if I was going to the island.
- Also Known As:
- True Blue Bay Boutique Hotel
- True Blue Bay Boutique Hotel St. George`s
- True Blue Bay Hotel Marina
- True Blue Bay St Georges
- True Blue Bay Boutique Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True Blue Bay Resort, Grenada Friendly and homelike this colorful and delightful Boutique Resort reflects the life style of the beautiful island of Grenada and its community. Set among tropical gardens sloping down to the sparkling blue waters of the bay, True Blue offers a charming variety of perfectly appointed rooms suiting every budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your True Blue Bay Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.