“Amazing secluded honeymoon....” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Trinidad
“Amazing secluded honeymoon....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I could not have asked for anything more when we made Laluna our honeymoon destination! It was very peaceful and relaxing which was EXACTLY what we needed after the hustle and craziness of wedding planning! Our little cottage was very quaint and sweet- in a kind of rural luxurious way....lol! If you are looking for a fun party vibe then surely Laluna is not your style! We had a ball- lazing on the beach, snorkeling, curling up in our daybed outside our cottage- it was simply blissful! The drinks at the bar were awesome and the music was something else....so ethereal and beautiful- I actually asked them to send me some of their playlists from the bar and they quite happily obliged :) The bed was super comfortable.... Our plunge pool was COLD....lol! Although we did try it out one afternoon ;) In all the days we stayed there I never saw anyone in the pool....the beach is very peaceful and it's the place to be! We did a tour with Lennox on Valentine's Day and he was very sweet to take us to Honeymoon Falls.....definitely let the hotel link you up with him he is THE best on the island and we got to take the tour all by ourselves :-D The food was really, really great- can't say enough about that- LOVED the creme brulee....we really had an amazing time on our laid back luxurious honeymoon in Laluna.....
The couples massage was so good- if you can, definitely book one ;)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Guest, we are so happy you chose Laluna for your honeymoon and were not disappointed. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future, even your anniversary.
ciao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Enjoyed the seclusion of this property and would recommend it to others. It's well-known as a luxury boutique hotel and we stayed for four nights of our honeymoon, splitting our time between LaLuna and Mount Hartman Bay Estate.

The food at the restaurant is pretty good, but not the best we had in Grenada- we really enjoyed the Beach House next door (the only place within walking distance). Beach House is pricey, but worth the spend in our opinion. And we enjoyed The Cave at Mount Hartman, worth traveling to even if you aren't staying there.

The rooms at LaLuna were beautiful. Very private if you don't have anyone next door (as we didn't) - but I imagine if there were neighbors it could make the romantic-vibe of the private pool a little less so. The outdoor bathrooms can be a little muggy, but the having the outdoor shower more than made up for it.

I would have to say that I'd likely give this rating a 4.75 if I could, but I'm rounding up. I loved our stay and would go again, but our expectations weren't exceeded. A consistently attentive staff would have helped ...some staff members were AWESOME, others just seemed to disappear when we needed them the most, it was always a gamble. Also, this is terribly critical, but the much raved-about bath products had a disappointing long list of ingredients, which included parabens. I'm a sucker for the small details and it was a letdown to see that the products LaLuna raves about were something I'd never consider buying.

Yet, we really enjoyed the spa - wonderful service and fantastic treatments. We also took full advantage of the free access to non-motorized water sport equipment like snorkels & fins, paddle boards and the kayaks. We took the kayak over to Grand Ans beach for a drink at Mount Cinnamon, which was another hotel we considered - I was relived we chose LaLuna and Mount Hartman for our trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and will bring up your points with the management for the future.
LONDON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I should first of all say that my husband liked the hotel far more than I …. What I didn't like was our deluxe cottage which was very gloomy requiring lights on during the day and the Balinese style decor, if that's what it was, didn't do it for me. There was a strange absence of drawers, a concrete cubby hole arrangement with rough wooden slats for clothes wasn't ideal, everything was on display. Shower and toiletries were good,

I was recovering from a bad knee injury so the climb up to and the steepish decent down proved irksome. All the cottages I believe involve a climb of one sort of another(not beach).

The hotel's big plus is it's laid back atmosphere, go there to chill, chat with pleasant and helpful staff, the restaurant and bar particularly pleasant at night, the beach is fine but the sand in some places was a bit black.

Food good, especially the pasta and seafood (according to my husband). I'm a vegetarian and there were one of two issues with the menu as far as I was concerned. Tonno e fagioli (tuna) has a V symbol on the menu!

One of the pasta specials,ravioli, unfortunately, came dressed with walnuts to which I am allergic, the chef said he would have to prepare fresh pasta as the ravioli contained more walnuts and lobster …… I wasn't made aware of the fish element when the special was described, I think these are two areas that needs to be addressed as so many people have nut allergies these days it quite important that dishes with nuts are highlighted and proper vegetarians don't eat fish, meat or fowl. Restaurant staff were only too happy to help meet dietary requirements.

My husband had three spa treatments and said they were really good. We were only at Laluna for a few days so didn't do any trips.

The Beach House restaurant, literally at the end of the beach, was recommended as somewhere outside the hotel to eat.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear guest, we are sorry that Laluna did not meet your expectations but happy to know that you got the good chillout vibe Laluna creates.
I will make your comments to our chef for vegetarians who do not eat fish.
Sincerely
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We just love LaLuna . It has just the right balance for us . Laid back luxury !
The food is good , sometimes lacking on presentation , but very tasty ( lobster ravioli ) . Pasta is their speciality , with ingredients from their organic garden .
A new edition is the gym , next door to the yoga pavilion and fantastic massage complex . This gym has two types of bike , an elliptical trainer and a running machine . Weights, a punchbag and ,best of all , air conditioning .
I have read some reviews about lack of service . I , personally , have never had a problem . It is the Caribbean and I like the slower pace . It makes you step off the world a bit . I found the staff to be very attentive .
The hotel is the only thing on a huge stretch of beach , with just a restaurant on the other end . It is possible to be the only 2people on it . Luxury !
Nothing can beat watching the sun go down , with one of their delicious cocktails on the palm fringed beach . Try it and love it .

Room Tip: The stairs to the rooms , set on a steep hill , can be very draining when it's hot . However , t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We are happy that you took advantage of our new Technogym Gym, and wrote a comment on it for future guests who would like to keep in shape during their stay at Laluna. Thank you for your comment on the service of the staff, as they do try their best to make each stay memorable. We hope to have you stay in the near future.
Metropolis, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We just spent a week at Laluna and absolutely loved it! We have been to several different Islands, but Grenada was the cleanest and friendliest. We loved the seclusion of the resort, sometime we had the beach all to ourselves. The entire property was always clean and manicured. The room was comfortable and clean. My wife had a concern about the open air bathroom, but that was dismissed early because it was a very enjoyable atmosphere just being able to see the ocean views while showering added a certain charm to the room. Our room was at the very top (#13) and we didn't mind the stairs (If you have any physical limitations this resort especially the upper level rooms is not for you). The entire staff was pleasant and was eager to make your stay enjoyable; especially Tracy, whatever you needed she was there to help and had a smile the whole time. The service was great at the bar and restaurant, we did not think it was slow or lacking (remember you are on island time, relax).

The activities at Laluna just made the experience that much better. My wife stated the the massage at the spa was the best she has received. We both loved the yoga sessions, it was so relaxing to hear the waves and see the ocean while relaxing with yoga.

One thing that is a must if you go to Laluna, the waterfall excursion with Lennox. The hike is on the difficult side, but well worth the trip. Lennox is a wonderful host, you learn about all the native flowers, spices, and trees while on the hike. It was the best part of our vacation.

We also went to Fish Friday, it was good to see a local festival even though it's a long ride to the town. If you need to go anywhere on the island, request Elvis or Lennox. They will take good care of you.

We would definitely come back to Laluna, it was paradise!

Room Tip: Do not rent a car, driving in Grenada is a challenge. It is much easier to rent taxis.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your very relaxed stay at Laluna. We are happy that you made it out on the excursions with our personal guide. Lennox is truly wonderful in helping you to experience what Grenada is about, with it's local flavour. We hope that we see you again in the near future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am sorry to have to disagree with many of the reviews of this property but I am afraid the level of service completely undermines the beauty of the location and the charm of the rooms at Laluna. You are paying a super premium price for staying at Laluna and the service just doesn’t match the cost.

The location of Laluna is very pretty, secluded and private and the sea is very close to all the rooms. Unfortunately the beach and the loungers were not cleaned overnight so when I was there we kept finding the previous evening’s cigarette ends and glasses in the sand. Not what you would expect where the main attraction of the property is its pretty little beach.

My main grouse is that the staff are very nice but incredibly, almost unbelievably, slow. A cup of coffee or a beer can take 30 minutes to come even when the restaurant or bar is almost empty. Dinner is always at least 45 minutes delayed after the order is taken. This is such a shame as this should be a really wonderful and slick operation.

Room Tip: The beach room is great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
We are happy to know that you loved the property, but sorry that you felt that the service was slow.
Based upon your review, we have had a meeting with the F&B department.
Hope that one day you will return to Grenada.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

La Luna is a magical place and the perfect retreat for honeymooners and those who enjoy privacy and tranquility amid some of the most beautiful surroundings anyone could wish for. The staff were delightful, friendly and willing. The service was sometimes a little slow but this was never a problem once we had relaxed and adapted to “island time” rather than the frantic pace of the UK. I do have one or two other comments starting with the room. This was spacious, clean and comfortable with good quality bathroom fittings. There was a strange absence of drawers which would have been an improvement on the linen baskets. It would have been helpful to have some instructions on the operation of the TV and music player, not that we had much use for either. The only BBC programme (BBC World news) was not available which was a pity for your English guests.The views from the deck were fabulous.
With regard to the restaurant the food was good, well cooked and presented, although there was a heavy emphasis on pasta and seafood. The quality of the meat was not always up to the same standard. I got tired of the same menu card every day and infinitely prefer a different menu with a smaller selection of dishes each day. I dislike the practice of adding tax and service charges to the cost of the total bill, rather than quoting the full price of each dish on the menu. There is another good restaurant at the end of the beach but anywhere else involves a taxi ride and added expense
The shop is pretty unexciting and I can’t imagine it achieves much in the way of sales. Unless the offering can be improved I’m sure the space could be used more productively.
The hotel tours seemed to be incredibly expensive compared to the competition. Needless to say we didn’t go on any.
The appeal of La Luna is its privacy and tranquility. We were therefore irritated when one afternoon and evening the place was invaded by a party of noisy American students celebrating the end of exams. The beach chairs were soon taken and in the evening the bar area was monopolised by the group and was difficult for the hotel guests to get a drink. The noise volume increased in line with the alcohol intake. This is not what your hotel guests pay a lot of money to come here for.
Having said all the above we had a superb stay and would certainly thoroughly recommend La Luna to all likeminded people.

Room Tip: We had cottage number 9 which was ideal. Only 37 steps up the hill ! Great views and privacy. Take...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you thought your stay at Laluna was magical.
Our main emphasis in our restaurant is seafood and pasta, as we are an Italian restaurant, with daily specials. We are always happy to recommend other restaurants for guests looking for a different cuisine experience.
I have passed on your recommendations to the management. The restaurant and bar are open to the public, but sorry that you were bothered by some of our dining guests.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Laluna Hotel? Share your experiences!