OK, we stayed here 28th March to 4th April 2013. To make this review easy I'll list positive/negative as lists.
1. Great location, lovely bungalows on hillside, spacious with own plung pool.
2. Staff very friendly and helpfull
3. Restaurant food was fairly average really for this quality of holel/resort.
4. Main pool and beach, loungers, bar etc very good.
1. We ate twice in the restaurant. First time the staff told us they had a large party coming to dine and would we like to book a table. We of course agreed a table for 8.00pm. However finally at 9.45 after having to point out that we were actually guests and should have priority were given a table. The meal and service then went ok until we finished the main course. Finally after waiting 25 minutes for someone to ask if we wanted desert/coffee and to clear the plates we gave up and left. Nobody noticed us leave!
2. We decided it may have been unusual as it was very busy so dined again a couple of days later. It was 15 minutes after being shown to table that we finally got menus and wine list and were asked if we wanted drinks. Things went ok then until our mains arrived, 3 of the 4 meals were sent back as they were cold. Also, why do some restaurants still serve meals on cold plates which doesn't help!
3. Be warned that there are local University students who like to visit the resort for the day to use the bar/beach/loungers. While they are allowed by the management they are supposed to only use the beach loungers. But you may find there are no poolside free and then have to decide if you complain to management to see if they are guests or not?
This is an expensive, luxury personal resort so these are not acceptable. The restaurant should have a server in control to ensure that diners aren't left sitting waiting to be served.
Unfortunately we won't be returning. Also note that they charge 12.5% service charge where all other restaurants we used charged 10%. If you stay at Laluna then dine elsewhere. The beachhouse a 2 minute walk along the beach is excellent. BB;s Crabshack (a taxi ride) or more local dining but excellent is Boots (they will collect and return you for less than a taxi).
Grenada however was very nice, with freindly people and interesting things to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Yoga pavilion situated directly on the beach, offers daily classes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Laluna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laluna Hotel St. George`s
- Laluna St Georges
- Laluna Hotel St Georges
- Laluna Hotel Grenada/Saint George Parish