“My Casa Bella experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casabella Bed & Breakfast

and 1 more site!
You added Casabella Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Casabella Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Humming Bird Lane | Lance Aux Epines, St. George's 01125, Grenada   |
Offers & Announcements
STAY 7 NIGHTS, GET 1 FREE
Ranked #1 of 19 St. George's B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“My Casa Bella experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at Casa Bella last year December. It was marvellous. I felt like I was home. I really had a
wonderful time with Ray and Odessa. They are wonderful hosts. The food was fantastic. The room was very comfortable and spacious. I had control of air-conditioner and fan in the room. I chose to
use the fan. I felt good. Casa Bella is much better than any hotel I have been in. It is more like home. I have recommended Casa Bella to everyone that I have talked to. It is wonderful.
I would give Casa Bella 10 out of 10. I have travelled a lot and I love Casa Bella. I will be going
back to Casa Bella this Christmas. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Casa Bella.
Thank you Ray and Odessa for a great vacation. God bless you always.

Room Tip: Each room has its own charm. You will be totally satisfied.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Duisburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in July 2012.
The hotel is located in a nice building in Lance aux Èpines on the soth coast of Grenada. The hotel is ok for the prica but what is outstanding is the host Ray. His wife has been away during the time of our stay so we did not meet her. Ray has been most helpful and did everything to make us feel at home. That does not come for free though....
The room was ok in size and the aircon worked just fine. Though the roaches in the bathroom were not the best of our friends. This (the bathroom) we had to share with the neighbouring room, which was no prob, because we were the only guests.
All-in-all a nice hotel with outstanding hosts in a bit of an unconvenient location. Meaning the area is nice and safe, but not much to see and do without taking a cab. And a bit pricey, too.
At the time of writing the hotel is being enlarged by a few more suites and a swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My stay at Casa Bella was a fantastic experience. Ray & Odessa were wonderful hosts and their attention to detail was immaculate. They offer a airport collection service which is great and it only takes ten minutes to drive to Casa Bella from the International airport.

Ray and Odessa are brilliant at cooking and produce a authentic menu inspired from their home grown produce located in their garden. This element makes Casa Bella unique from other Hotels in Grenada because you will taste home cooking using the freshest ingredients.

The house is excellently furnished with all the modern necessities. The rooms are great and have air conditioning and fans to make visitors comfortable.

There is a local beach only a 5 minute walk away with a restaurants and beach bars. There is also access to the efficient bus network which takes you to St. George's and the world famous Grand Anse beach a ten minute trip respectively.

Ray & Odessa are extremely welcoming and it was fascinating to gain their local knowledge of Grenada and places to visit. Their kindness spread to giving me a lift into town and even providing me with a local pay as you go phone (cheaper than roaming charges!).

Casa Bella is also expanding with new suites, swimming pool, decking and outdoor bar. This was being constructed during my visit and is expected to be completed later in the year.

Overall Casa Bella is a wonderful home from home with fantastic naturally home produced food and excellent service. I would recommend staying at Casa Bella to anyone interested in experiencing Grenada.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed in Casa Bella for 5 weeks as part of my medical elective at the local hospital. It was a wonderful experience and i felt like family during my stay! Very welcoming, always felt safe, both hosts/owners (Ray and Odessa) were kind and generous, fresh towels and linen weekly, wonderful fruit juice, food and just the perfect stay for me really! So thank you both! Casa Bella comes highly recommended! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We checked in guests and left as friends….

This property truly deserves its top ranking. Odessa and Ray were wonderful hosts. They are locals who after living for many years in North America have retired in Grenada. Their property is luxurious and spacious by any standard. And it was well maintained and clean. The house is located in an upscale part of the island and is a short drive from the airport and Grand Anse beach. While there is a beach within walking distance I would recommend hiring a vehicle (Gabriel offers an excellent service - cell no +1 473 407 0289)

There are about seven bedrooms as Ray and Odessa built their home for their children and grandchildren for when they come on holiday. And because of their grandchildren they will soon add a swimming pool. We had full run of the home but guests have a separate living area and a balcony where meals are served. The view from the balcony is amazing helped as the property enjoys panoramic views of the bay and surrounds. The shared bathroom on our level was very clean and mere steps away from our bedroom.

TOP TIP: Order your meals with Odessa and forget going out to a restaurant. The menu has something for everyone and the portions are very generous. Odessa went out of her way to ensure our meal was cooked to order with only ingredients we agreed on because of our food intolerances.

I was particularly impressed by the flexibility shown by Odessa and Ray because we arrived early and left late. They are both very affable, family oriented and warm people who were always up for a chat while also careful not to intrude.

This for me is a lengthy review as we truly enjoyed our stay. To experience hospitality in its purest form and to enjoy the serenity of the Spice Isle then make Casa Bella your first and only choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

After intense research we made reservations at Casa Bella and we absolutely loved it! The house is stunning and is located in a very nice neighborhood. From the balcony we had a great view on Prickly Bay. Ray and Odessa were wonderful hosts who made a great effort in making us feel welcome. We'll definetely come back!!! Dolores & Graham

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casabella Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!