“Great dive center” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ScubaTech Grenada

ScubaTech Grenada
L'Anse Aux Epines Beach, PO Box 382 | The Calabash Hotel & Villas, St. George's, Grenada
001 473 439 4346
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #1 of 22 attractions in St. George's
Type: Reefs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: ScubaTech is based at the Calabash Hotel, which nestles in the sheltered waters of Prickly Bay on the southern coast of the island. The hotel's jetty makes access to the dive boat easy and the location means that dive sites both on the Atlantic and Caribbean sides of the island are within easy reach. We have three full time diving instructors offering the complete range of PADI programs, daily dive excursions, motorized & non motorized watersports, sight seeing tours & sunset cruises. Come and dive Grenada with your ScubaTech Dive Center.
7 attraction reviews
“Great dive center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I did some tech diving with them, and they were very good. Very safety concious, and they dive in small groups. They were very patient helping me setting up all my personal equipment as i wanted to use my own. Very knowledgeable dive guides, very helpful and friendly. I would definetly recommend them.

London, England
4 attraction reviews
“A great dive operator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were staying at the Calabash Hotel and went diving through Scuba Tech Grenada.

The positives are many. This is a very structured organization who make it very easy for you to dive. All your equipment is cleaned for you when you finish a dive and ready for you when you start your next dive. They supply water, juice and popcorn after each dive. Rental equipment was high quality and well maintained. Whilst we were there my wife and I did our Nitrox course – my wife hates figures and got a but flustered. The wonderful Polly was calm and patient and managed to coach and encourage my wife brilliantly.

Would I use them again – no doubt about it!!

Newmarket, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
“Excellent Dive Centre - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We chose where to stay on Grenada (The Calabash) mainly due to the Dive centre being on site.The excellent reviews on here are right , this dive centre is superb.

The staff here are fantastic , and very professional ,nothing is too much trouble , you do not need to lift a finger , the gear is prepared for you (you need to verify the Nitrox Oxygen content of course) and put on the boat.

Thank you to Sabine , Polly , Pearl , Jochen , Carsten and of course Ackie for making this a great diving experience. A special thanks as well to Polly for taking some great photos on our dives.

I managed to do 12 dives during my stay having booked in advance for 10 , sadly we weren’t able to do a Northend trip due to the weather , but I’ll have something to look forward to for next time.

I had some great dives on the Bianca C (twice) , Shakem (twice), Shark Reef , Moonshine Reef , Veronica , Red Reef , the sculpture park and Flamingo Reef. We even managed to see Jason Taylor the artist who did most of the scupltures whilst we were there , looking at his latest creation the new ring of children.

I was an Advanced Diver before this trip and completed the Enriched Air Nitrox course at Scubatech. I have gained some great experience on this trip.

I would recommend anyone looking to use Scubatech to check out their website and pre-book a package. This would be a great place to learn to dive , as there are some great dive sites for beginners as well. The website is a great guide on what dives they have on offer. They are very good though at gauging peoples experience and are open to taking you where you want to go. I was a bit spoilt on one of the days as I was the only diver , later joined by a Technical diver. They have enough staff to be able to cater for different levels of experience on the same trip.

I will be back to Grenada as soon as I can, and a large part of why I loved Grenada so much is thanks to Scubatech and the great diving.

I went snorkelling with them as well with my wife who doesn’t dive , this was a great trip as well , good to see the sculpture park from above , visibility was good that day and Jochen gave a very good guided tour of the site.

southampton
4 attraction reviews
“Professional, friendly dive school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were well looked after for our Advanced Open Water course, and subsequent 'fun' dives. We contacted the dive centre beforehand, which turned out to be a good thing as there were a couple of days the dive boat was full by the time we arrived. Jochen, Sabine, Carsten and Ackie were friendly and professional, our kit was well looked-after, and we visited some great and varied dive sites. Would definitely recommend!

Visited November 2012
London
“Excellent training”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Excellent training for PADI, good value for money and a friendly teamand situated at The Calabash hotel.

Visited November 2012