“A very welcome surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Grand View Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   P.O. Box 614, St. George's 00000, Grenada   |
Ranked #9 of 19 St. George's B&B and Inns
Bequia
“A very welcome surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

It all started by a group of four looking for somewhere different to play cards and have a meal.So long since any of us had been to Grand View we decisded to check it out.

The Grand View was suffering from th effects of Ivan last time I saw it but everything seems to be fixed now and the views from the (2nd floor) bar and restaurant are really "awesome" just for once..

The food was well cooked and hot (not too common on Grenada), albeit from a restricted but sensibly priced menu, and the service was efficient and friendly.

Sadly, the restaurant was empty other than our group. Such a shame, it deserves attention and support.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I were there for 11 days and 80% of our time was spent at the hotel, so we got a great feel for the place. 'Island Time' sure was infectious!

First let me state that the staff are incredibly friendly and you're always met with a smiling face. I found their genuine, friendly-nature to be a comforting presence whenever on the grounds. The cleaning staff were very thorough and kept that place spotless, even when we weren't so good at it! The owner was extremely accommodating and truly set the tone for the staff members as genuinely nice and friendly.

The room met every expectation I had and I spent tons of time on that balcony. The fans in the rooms are like helicopters on high, definitely nice when coming out of the humidity! The fridge was perfect size for what we needed it for...keeping all that Carib cool! We made a run down to the food fair and got some snacks and water to throw in there too so it was really nice to have. The mangoes the staff gave us were unreal, I had a few a day. You haven't had a mango until you've had one freshly picked. I was instantly addicted. If you've never been to Grenada, stock up on water when you get there. I was going through about 3 litres a day just to keep up! The room, the pool and the Carib were the only retreats from the heat.

The "Grand View" is entirely understated and no picture or review could ever do it justice. The view from the right corner of the balcony in the restaurant is unbelievable. I found myself drawn to that spot every time I was there, day or night. There's something about that view that just kept me captivated until the very last day.

I found every part of the hotel to be very high-end. From the well manicured grounds, to the fantastic food, to the friendly service, to the great room with kitchenette to the great proximity to Mourne Rouge and Grand Anse beaches.

Chef Wesley is an all-star in that kitchen! He never ceased to amaze me with each dish. I've never eaten fish so much in my life. I had chicken roti a few times and it was up there with the best I've ever had. I found myself going outside the box with food I've never tried just to see what he could do. The Calliloo Soup was out of this world. Typically, I like a hearty soup but I've never had so many broth-only soups and been so satisfied. The flavours coming out of them were awesome.

While I enjoyed the beaches, I'm more of a pool-side guy and the view from that pool is great! Sitting on a beach staring into the ocean only keeps my attention for so long and sitting near the railing looking out toward Mourne Rouge was what kept me poolside. I was in that pool every 20 mins because of the heat and it was always the perfect temperature to cool the body down.

There's a wifi hut but I quickly forgot about 'real-life' so I only used once or twice. Worked as advertised.

In resort-style hotels, I feel like a number. In this hotel, I felt like part of the family and it really added to the overall experience.

All in all, I have to say that I couldn't have hoped for anything more and will definitely be back. It truly was a trip to paradise!

Room Tip: I would recommend a West facing balcony because those sunsets are intoxicating! Watched every one th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed here long term and had a good long term stay in a standard one room studio. The room when I first moved in had a little bit of mold but that was taken care of in a few days with some bleach and paint. I was greeted was a gorgeous view of the ocean each day. This place is relatively nice for students and who's expectations aren't as high as a vacationer. I was happy as there was twice weekly cleaning, adequate A/C and hot water. Cons: kitchen was tiny w/ no microwave and sink could hold only a few plates. Walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbors from every side and above you as well as down from the beach when they play music. Invest in some earplugs. Sometimes requests for things to be done (i.e. refill on the propane for the stove/oven, another light bulb etc) take many many tries, really depends on who is behind the counter at the time. There seems to be poor communication among the staff. Either that or many of the staff members don't want to take care of a lot of the problems or know how to.

The medium sized pool gets cleaned once a week and was a nice break from the studying. There are lounge chairs but the cushions are torn and old. The patio sitting area is dirty and doesn't get much cleaning. Major remodeling needs to be done here as this place is falling apart but efforts are made to patch it up as much as possible. There are only 2 washing machines and 2 dryers for the entire hotel that we prayed wouldn't breakdown. The dryers only seem to blow out cold air because nothing seems to get dry at a reasonable time. Even then, I had to do laundry at the oddest hours because they are in constant use for these 70+ units.

Restaurant: More like a deli and nothing too special in terms of food and quality. The setting is nice however - in a cave-like design with gorgeous views. The restaurant seems to be always empty - staff and patrons. No one is there to seat you when you arrive, you have to go looking for the staff. Had few strands of chef's hair on my meal that I had taken to go-last time I ate there. Has potential to be great but far from it now.

Room Tip: Requesting a room on the left, you may get a nice view of the famous Grand Anse Beach. Getting a roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The view of Grand Anse Beach and the beautiful atmosphere were fantastic.The food was great.The building environment was poor with rats and snakes and other crawling creatures.The workers are friendly,makes you feel at home but I think the supervisor works them too hard as if they are slaves. It's sad to say ...

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The rooms at Grand View Inn were awful and poorly maintained. The food was good but the hotel was short staffed. The internet service was spotty at best. Security was lax on the site and someone broke into one of the rooms and attacked one of the guests. It has turned me off the country for the rest of the year at the very least. Be very careful when going there. Check the rooms to ensure that the security chain is present and lock your doors at all times.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The view of Grand Anse Beach, bay, and "Town" is priceless. Room rate was reasonable - the facilities were clean and staff friendly but room and grounds could use some sprucing up. We didn't find that there was a restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until last day of our 3 night stay - no signage, no recommendation from staff. For view and price, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Basseterre, St. Kitts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

the customer service could have been better the view is great but thats about it. just good for longterm guests not shot term. great staff but crappy maintenance on building etc..... owners need to improve on building, fixtures, etc... booked because of the view and pool. view was great but pool was dirty....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Grand View Inn? Share your experiences!