Just got back last week from the Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada.
Lovely location right on the beach, probably the best part too. The hotel is quite small so everyone mixes really well. Met some lovely people.The staff were amazing, so friendly and cheerful and they soon get to know you. Food is good although the Al a Carte menu could do with changing from time to time. Also the breakfast was quite limited, with the food station being quite small. The lunch time menu at the pool bar is good. Bar staff make the best drinks, no watering down here! Very limited entertainment which means there isn't much atmosphere of an evening, but still pleasant. The hotel was very quiet, as was the whole Island at this time of year, but at least there was no shortage of sunbeds. There are a lot of vendors on the beach which does get a bit annoying, but they do usually go away with a "no thank you". Also sand flies and mosquitoes were are huge problem. Most mosquito bites seemed to occur around the bar/restaurant area of an evening. Nothing seems to work against them either, so be prepared.
the rooms were OK, but a re-furb would be nice. They were clean, but a bit tired we felt, particularly the bathrooms which don't have a/c. Still, were clean.
We did our own trip around the island for a day. Not much to see. We all doubted very much as to whether to rum distillery has actually produced anything in the last 50 years or more and even if it does we wouldn't want to drink anything made there as is disgustingly dirty! Also doubt if the chocolate factory produces anything either. Both properties look derelict! Not an ounce of stainless steel in sight! But still, it was a day out! Do call at Petit Anse and call in the hotel there for lunch or a drink as the views are fantastic with the most fabulous breeze. Very welcome on a hot humid day.
Overall we enjoyed Grenada and the Coyaba. The gardens were lovely and staff were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coyaba Beach Resort is poised on the 2.5-miles stretch of pristine Grand Anse Beach, renowned world over as one of the Caribbean’s best beaches for natural beauty, on the island of Grenada. Coyaba’s ambiance of intimacy, with full amenities for the classic Caribbean vacation, to remarkable design theme with attributes to exemplify centuries ago Arawak Indian-life, all combine to make this resort a one-of-kind gem. A resort primarily drawing celebrating couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Coyaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coyaba Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Hotel Coyaba Beach
- Coyaba Grenada