With any holiday you get out of it...what you put in. We got to know the staff, chatted to them and being typical of Grenada they were very friendly and want you to have a fantastic time at the hotel and on the Island. If you don't talk to them they, like the professionals they are, leave you in peace. The beach is amazing, the rooms are comfortable, clean and yes the bathroom could do with modernising but I didn't fly half way around the world to sit in my room or in the bathroom. The hotel is for grown ups (kids would get bored) who want to relax, enjoy the beach, enjoy Grenada and sample what that great island has to offer. I am returning for a second year and really looking forward to it. It ticks all the boxes for me and my husband and we both had an amazing time. If you want complete perfection, no character and want the style of holiday offered by chain hotels - Four Seasons, Marriott, HIlton etc. - which to me are false and not very enjoyable - this place is not for you. However, if you want to meet different people (everyone who stays at the hotel wants to chat. It's great!). Have a hotel with character, sit on a perfect beach relaxing and want to completely get away from the rat race this hotel is going to suit you. No animation teams, no false fun. Just relaxation, beautiful manicured gardens and plenty of rum!
Concerning the food. The pastry chef is a goddess and the pie out of this world. My husband and I thought the food very good. Again you are not getting Heston Blumenthal, but you are not paying for a 5 star deluxe restaurant. The menu is a la carte with a set menu but not a problem if you want to eat off the set menu (still part of your all inclusive apart from steak and lobster, which has a small extra charge). The drinks are good, sometimes you have to wait, but they are worth waiting for. The bar staff will make you anything and the ambience of an evening is friendly and warm.
As I said this review is subjective and purely my opinion, but don't go there to hate it because you want 1000% threaded Egyption cotton bed sheets or something. Everyone works so hard to make your holiday enjoyable, go with an open mind and enjoy what it and Grenada has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coyaba Beach Resort is poised on the 2.5-miles stretch of pristine Grand Anse Beach, renowned world over as one of the Caribbean’s best beaches for natural beauty, on the island of Grenada. Coyaba’s ambiance of intimacy, with full amenities for the classic Caribbean vacation, to remarkable design theme with attributes to exemplify centuries ago Arawak Indian-life, all combine to make this resort a one-of-kind gem. A resort primarily drawing celebrating couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Coyaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coyaba Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Hotel Coyaba Beach
- Coyaba Grenada