We came to Coyaba for a couple of reasons, firstly for the beautiful location and secondly to get married and take our honeymoon.
The wedding for us was a very simple small affair with just the two of us and Sandra (Guest Services) took care of all the arrangements and guided us through the process both before and during our stay, we had a wonderful experience and as such would highly recommend this as an option for others wanting to get married here.
The resort is advertised as being located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world and I have to say that I have no reason to doubt that, it is without question one of the most superb beaches on the Caribbean Sea.
The food at the restaurant for an all inclusive was great, we only ate out a handful of time in our 2 week stay as the variety and quality at the hotel met our expectations.
Word of advice....if you come here...relax...service is not the fastest but it is friendly, so remember you are on holiday so chill out ;-)
Rooms are well fitted with good air con, a fridge and a safe etc. lovely balcony views and very peaceful...apart from the mowers and strummers keeping the gardens looking stunning....I guess they have to do it sometime.
Beach vendors! There are quite a few but here is my take on how to deal with them, firstly these are nice people trying to make a living using the skills and resources they have, in my experience they are all very friendly and humble people. We chatted with most of them and made it clear that in our first week that we wouldn't be buying anything and that we would take a look toward the end of our stay, a promise that we honoured, as a result we were left alone other than a friendly hello.
So have some fun with the them, take an interest and have a little haggle, we actually hired a jeep one one day of our stay and payed a local guy Dexter (red glasses) to sit shotgun and show us where to go, he was excellent and we fitted in way more to the day than we ever could have by ourselves, so if he come your way then I highly recommend his services.
As for entertainment, you make your own as there basically is none, so if you are looking for night action then you will have to find it outside the resort.
Will we be back, yes, in a heartbeat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coyaba Beach Resort is poised on the 2.5-miles stretch of pristine Grand Anse Beach, renowned world over as one of the Caribbean’s best beaches for natural beauty, on the island of Grenada. Coyaba’s ambiance of intimacy, with full amenities for the classic Caribbean vacation, to remarkable design theme with attributes to exemplify centuries ago Arawak Indian-life, all combine to make this resort a one-of-kind gem. A resort primarily drawing celebrating couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Coyaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coyaba Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Hotel Coyaba Beach
- Coyaba Grenada