The prime spot on Grand Anse Beach is really the only reason to stay at Coyaba Beach Resort. The beach is white and sandy and the water is calm and great for wading. It's also easy to snorkel right in front of the resort. The beach in front of Coyaba is one of the best we have been to on all of our travels. The location is also convenient to a grocery store right across the street.
Beyond that, Coyaba Beach Resort doesn't offer anything exceptional. As others have mentioned, the accommodations are sorely in need of refurbishing. Mildewed caulking in the bathroom, cracked tile floors, small televisions and small, double-sized beds are disappointments. Though the resort advertises wifi in the rooms, we were unable to get a reliable signal, having to go to the lobby or pool area to get on the wifi. The food was passable, but unremarkable. There were many upcharges for nicer food and higher quality liquors, so be forewarned. We preferred the more casual restaurant to the "dress code" restaurant, particularly as the menus are the same. Staff were mostly friendly...some exceptionally so and some not at all. The gardens, as mentioned by others, are quite lovely, making the disrepair of the rooms that much more of a contrast.
Numerous "hawkers" wander the beach in front of the resort. I found them to be quite persistent, in spite of firm "no thank yous." After the first day of sitting right down toward the beach, we chose beach chairs further back in the gardens to avoid the harassment. Still only steps from the beach and more peaceful.
This resort is not targeted at young people who are interested in heavy drinking and partying. The bars close at 10:00/11:00 and the resort is quiet. For my husband and me, this was perfect. But for younger people in their 20s it is likely to be quite dull.
Overall, we had an enjoyable holiday, but again, this was almost entirely due to the beach location. Though we would be pleased to return to Grenada, we would not be likely to choose Coyaba again unless it was renovated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coyaba Beach Resort is poised on the 2.5-miles stretch of pristine Grand Anse Beach, renowned world over as one of the Caribbean’s best beaches for natural beauty, on the island of Grenada. Coyaba’s ambiance of intimacy, with full amenities for the classic Caribbean vacation, to remarkable design theme with attributes to exemplify centuries ago Arawak Indian-life, all combine to make this resort a one-of-kind gem. A resort primarily drawing celebrating couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coyaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coyaba Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Hotel Coyaba Beach
- Coyaba Grenada