Just returned from a weeks break in Coyaba and have very fond memories and had a great time. On arrival at the hotel we expected a lovely rum punch and cold flannel but unfortunatley did not recieve this which was a shame. We were taken to our room by a wonderful bel hop called Roderick who was extremely friendly at ALL times, not just on the last day expecting a tip.
Our room was on the older side of the resort and was a bit tired, ie chips in the floor tiles, grouting needing replacing in the bathroom and contrary to a previous review the beds were quite small. We asked for extra pillows as one pillow is not really enough but they were suplied with no problem. Towels were lovely and fluffy and were replaced daily if you wished. Beach towels were replaced daily also but our service was a bit hit a miss and had to ask reception a few times for our towels.
The surroundings as previous reviews are amazing, the gardens are totally beautiful and are kept immaculately by the hard working gardeners. The beach is the best on the island and a lovely walk in the morning before it gets too hot. There are sellers on the beach but they do become a bit of a pest but they are trying to earn a living.
The food and drinks were quite nice, all brand drinks are subject to a supplement but all local drinks were adequate. We tried the daily cocktails which were yummy. The plastic cups at the pool bar were not what you would expect from a four star resort. There must be better alternatives available. The bar staff were friendly and service was typically caribbean but you on on holiday so whats the rush. We found the food to be very nice and glad we opted for AI as meals were quite expensive. We did travel with our daughter so the kids menu had a food choice for her also. Breakfast was good with the egg station and fresh fruit available but would like more choice for fruits.
On our stay there was only entertainment twice a week which could be improved as been to other islands with more on offer. It would create more of a atmosphere after dinner as most people are gone from the bar by 10 pm.
We met some really nice people on holiday and had a relaxing break. We would recommend this resort and would say that day by day it grows on you and by the end of our break we did not want to leave. However I would say this was a 3 star plus, not really a 4 star resort!!
- Also Known As:
- Coyaba Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Coyaba Beach Hotel
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada
- Hotel Coyaba Beach
- Coyaba Grenada
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coyaba Beach Resort is poised on the 2.5-miles stretch of pristine Grand Anse Beach, renowned world over as one of the Caribbean’s best beaches for natural beauty, on the island of Grenada. Coyaba’s ambiance of intimacy, with full amenities for the classic Caribbean vacation, to remarkable design theme with attributes to exemplify centuries ago Arawak Indian-life, all combine to make this resort a one-of-kind gem. A resort primarily drawing celebrating couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Coyaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.