I have just returned from a seven night break at the Coyaba and can fully endorse Allan C's review. I was a refugee from the very recently closed La Source resort and was initially very disappointed to have missed out on the La Source experience. However, I need not have been. I booked La Source because of the daily spa treatments and activities, but I decided to use my refund on a series of treatments in order to "chill out". Jocelyn in the spa was wonderful. I attended a yoga session and enjoyed that - it was wonderful to be practising yoga to the sight and sound of the Caribbean. My yoga classes on a Monday night in Wolverhampton will never be the same! Although there were not many activities on offer, the guided walk around the gardens was interesting, informative and fragrant - really enjoyable! The gardeners there are so hard-working and take a pride in their work and this is reflected in the end product - a beautiful, peaceful garden. The beach itself is also immaculately clean, again it is constantly raked and kept in pristine condition.
As a solo traveller, I was worried that, because of the lack of activities, it may be a bit lonely, but not so, I soon filled my days and had to write myself a timetable! I can recommend the Spice Island tour, and if you're lucky you might get to feed the moneys in the rainforest. A walk along the beautiful beach is also worth doing as well as working off the varied food on offer, which is delicious and well presented. I was AI and can recommend this option. Thank you, Donald for the special Pinacoladas at the poolside bar! I found all the staff to be friendly and genuinely concerned that I was having a good holiday - I must have been asked at least six times per day. Thank you to Sheldon for checking that I was ok.
Should I return to Grenada, I would not hesitate to return to the Coyaba as it more than surpassed my expectations and more than made up for my initial disappointment. Incidentally, I was given a welcome drink on arrival which I "took" out onto my balcony to enjoy - but failed to see the closed fly screen (because I was so tired!!!)! Beware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coyaba Beach Resort is poised on the 2.5-miles stretch of pristine Grand Anse Beach, renowned world over as one of the Caribbean’s best beaches for natural beauty, on the island of Grenada. Coyaba’s ambiance of intimacy, with full amenities for the classic Caribbean vacation, to remarkable design theme with attributes to exemplify centuries ago Arawak Indian-life, all combine to make this resort a one-of-kind gem. A resort primarily drawing celebrating couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Coyaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coyaba Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Coyaba Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Hotel Coyaba Beach
- Coyaba Grenada