“Best Value for the Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Allamanda Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Allamanda Beach Resort to your Saves list
Allamanda Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Morne Rouge Grand Anse | P.O.Box 27, St. George's 00000, Grenada   |
Ranked #18 of 24 hotels in St. George's
Ohio
“Best Value for the Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Located right on Grand Anse Beach. You are in the middle of the beach, so it is easy to get to either end. Rooms are clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Room included mini fridge, coffee pot and table and chairs for outdoor patio/balcony. Had a lovely view of the Gardens. Nearby several restaurants and a grocery store. I've already booked here for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Clean, affordable, friendly staff, right on the best beach. Gave us a better exchange rate on US $ to EC.

Resturant is there but not owned by the same people, is not so good, overpriced, and poor service. Ordered a cheese omlet for breakfast they ran out of cheese and did not take anything off the bill. Went again later, with a group of friend to have desert The wait staff never asked us for our order, just ingnored us. Don't bother with this restaurant go to Gibson's across the street.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarasota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I stayed here due to location. The hotel is right on Grand Anse Beach in a perfect location. There are alot of hotels but they involve a lot of stairs as they are on the hills above the beach. No stairs to get to the beach which was important to me. I was on the first floor.
The room is basic with a refrig. I changed rooms and found the cable service is different in different rooms. The wi-fi was limited, slow and down a couple of days. The beds are hard.
The hotel is located next to a park and it was the beginning of Indepence celebration and it was very loud. The a/c did block most of it for me.
If you are on a budget, this hotel was clean, nice location with a/c.
The restaurant is extremely slow, though the food was tasty, it was expensive compared to other restaurants.
The new SPA located in the back - is wonderful and I can't recommend it enough. GO there - even if you do not stay at the hotel!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
nova scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights, while she was attending a meeting. she is a Trinidian Indian and I am a Canadian. We are in our late 30's. The hotel outwardly doesn't look all that bad really. It is not as nice as any of the other places along the beach or in the hills nearby. The hotel is low end budget for sure. The staff appear friendly, but the manger and people at the desk are really really weird. The manger came up behind me as I walked up the outside stairs to my room, and touched my legs and feet. I was very surprised. He said in a german accent that I need to brush snd off my feet and beach shoes. I had just rinsed sand off in a outside shoe cleaning pool. I wanted to punch this person out literally. The hotel staff aer note polite or possess any respect for people staying there. The room we stayed in didn't feel that clean so I felt I had to reclean it. The staff said they were not going to fresen it for us. The hotel is next to a public park where the locals go to drink all night. The hotel fitness cente rwas terrible, as well as its lawns, and resturant. All terrible. Access to the beach is easy however. But as oon as your off the grounds because your next to the public park all the locals are there trying to push crap on you to buy. I saw a security guard from the hotel next door take a bribe or perhaps drugsfrom a beach person, in front of a police person.
the beach is very nice. But boring. The hotel is not recommended by us. The street food ner by the hotel is mostly ribs, beer, and local treats, and is really, really great. And in EC dollars really cheap. The local men are not to be truxted around your woman, tone tried to take my wife into the back of a room at a local shop. She said stop, and then I I had to tell him to stop also. For beauty and shopping see St. George, very nice, and the locales in the public shops very friendly, but a little greedy for tourist dollars. Lots of little scams. The rest of the island is beautiful and a great drive. Take maxi taxi's every where on the island. If you want a really beautiful island to visit try Trinidad or Tobago. The woman are far better looking, better food, better hotels, better beaches. Fanatastic Forests for walking in also. Grenada has spices. Trinidad is a lot of fun if you go around with a local like my wife.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Europe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Basic but clean room with good kitchen facilities. Nice bar staff but not enough staff in the kitchen. We waited an hour and a half for our dinner. Loud disco right next to our room which started at ten and finished at four thirty am.
Told the Receptionist the next morning and she could not have cared less. She was probably sick of hearing it.
Last but certainly not least, the hotel was overrun by noisy school children there on a sports trip with their teachers taking over the whole bar area and getting gradually more drunk and loud.

• Stayed October 2009
NY, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

As a former student at SGU, I stayed at this hotel a handful of times. Each time I was impressed with the cleanliness and the affordability. The hotel is located on Grand Anse beach. It might not be the fanciest hotel on the beach but if you are looking for a just place to rest after a day of sightseeing or lounging on the beach this is it.

The rooms are modestly decorated..they are painted white and non-carpeted..which is great if you suffer from allergies. I recommend getting one of the rooms on the top floors....they have cathedral style roofs which gives the impression of a larger room.

I recommend staying here and using the strip of beach in front of Spice Island hotel which is about two locations past the medical school. It is a little more secluded and has a handful of palm trees for shade.

Allamanda is also conveniently located across the street from Spice Island Mall. The mall has a large supermarket where you can find all the essentials. Also the mall has a food court that is great for lunch. I recommend the fresh-fruit smoothie place.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

when me and my friend first arrived at this hotel,the entrance seemed nice and clean and etc. But once we were given the hotel keys we realised what a mistake we made. The toilet was blocked WITHIN SECONDS!! and the linen smelt horrible the room was clammy. And the so called cable which they said we would have a various choice of channels. when really they only had one channel that actually speaks English,the other channels were Spanish and Deutsch. and they often froze and cut out. the hotels cleanliness is not up to scratch.

However excluding this the hotel is in the best location,right on the beach front and with the shopping mall right across the road the location is great. but if i stay in Gran Anse again i would stay either in coyaba or Grenada Grand beach Resort

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Allamanda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!