“April Break” 4 of 5 stars

Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pink Gin Beach, St. George's, Grenada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $1,000 Air Credit!!
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in St. George's
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, New Hampshire
“April Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This resort was first class. We were very pleased with our rooms, the service and what was included for the price. Just about every meal was outstanding and the rooms were restocked with alcoholic (wine was cheap and not that good, stick with the champagne if you're a wine lover) and nonalcoholic beverages every day. There was entertainment each night and people seemed to have a really good time. There was a mix of young honeymoon couples, middle aged adults (like us, we are both 43) and some elderly folks. My only complaints were with regard to the excursion activities that you could pay extra for. We had pre-booked a full day tour of the island for Wednesday and thought it was a go. When we checked in at the resort we learned we would have to wait until Tuesday of our vacation week to know if we would be able to go or not. This was not clear when we booked. There were not enough people (10 required) to make a trip happen for Wednesday so they pushed it off until Thursday (where there were 20 people booked). This required us to reschedule our spa appointments, which were for Thursday, and made our last full day there doing the tour. The tour was FANTASTIC but it was a long day and we would have rather been able to do the tour earlier in the week. Sandals could have done a better job at having half the people go Wednesday and half go Thursday, instead of all 20 going Thursday in two vehicles. We also inquired about a turtle watching excursion. We were told that they would have to call outside the resort to see if there was interest enough to justify a trip to watch the sea turtles lay eggs under the cover of darkness. I am an animal lover and would have loved to do this excursion (for $200) but when we checked back in on Wednesday they said it was filled up and we couldn't go. THIS MADE NO SENSE since we were the first to inquire and should have been made a priority to go. I don't think Sandals did a good enough job selling, scheduling and managing the excursions. So beware. If you think you want to get off the resort for an activity (which you should) you may not be able to go or go when you want to go. Another caution is to avoid the restaurant "Spices" for anything other than the breakfast buffet (which was fantastic). The night we got in late after a full day of traveling. My husband convinced me to go for their "late night" menu to get a bite to eat. This was a mistake because it took over 45 minute to get two sandwiches with only 4 table present. We ended up walking out before our meals came because it was almost 11 and I was exhausted. One bit of advice that we learned is to fly in (all flights are late arrivals) and stay at the Radisson in St. Georges that night for about $200. Why spend over $800 for a night at Sandals when you can't take advantage of any of the amenities and are paying a full night's stay. Then take a taxi from the Radisson to Sandals the next day. Take advantage of the free snorkel excursions that happen each day at 10 and 1. Only go if there are enough people signed up to justify taking the boat out. One couple we met, there were not enough people so they made them walk a mile down the beach and snorkel back to the resort. This was kind of lame considering the alternatives that going out on the boat provides. We saw manta rays and many colorful fish on our trip. Overall, we were pleased with our Sandals experience and heard from others that this is one of the better Sandal's in terms of quality of service.

Room Tip: We chose the Pink Gin Beachfront room with the soaking tub. It was nice to be close to the beach...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our second visit to a Sandals reort and I have to say we were not disappointed. From the lovely room, great pool and fantastic restaurants we could not have wished for more. Our favourite place for pre dinner drinks was Soy where we had some amazing sushi but the star of the show has to be Varnell the bar tender, from her lovely big smile and amazing personality it was a pleasure to see her every night. She could not do enough for us and was very knowledgeable about the cocktails and the Sushi. A truly lovely lady.

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I must admit prior to going I had some reservations about this resort. Reading the reviews there was nothing that I thought would ruin our holiday but I had concerns that some little things might have taken the shine off what is, let's face it, a very expensive holiday.
However we had a wonderful time and would gladly return (but will wait until we can fly direct from the UK). It may not be a problem for most people but we found the stop off in St Lucia both ways with a crew change and the entertainment system turned off just a little too much - specially as we had a 2 hour delay on our return trip due to the total breakdown of the check in system at Grenada.
The trip from the airport is just 5 minutes but there really is very little noise in the resort just a few seconds a few times a day so nothing to worry about.
Sandals do need to sort out the check in. We had checked in online to save time on arrival but that was completely ignored. Instead after an 11 hour journey with a 5 hour time difference we had IPADs thrust into our hands and were expected to enter everything again. Most of the people checking in with us were struggling - eventually someone in reception realised the problem and entered all the details for us - not a big deal but it is our first 'experience' of the resort and could very easily be sorted.

Yes the WIFI is flaky but we were on vacation so all I wanted to do was check emails once a day and post the odd piccy on Facebook so was not a big deal.

The resort itself is beautiful and well maintained.
We had a junior Southseas hideaway suite which was lovely. I was tucked away up an incline so if mobility is a problem this would not be the room for you.
There is also a basic design fault in most of the rooms - Does anyone really want a bath on their balcony? Please Sandals put in a second lounger instead so both people can relax in comfort. Also the Shower has a skylight in it with a window into the bedroom - this meant that as soon as the sun rose in the morning it was bright daylight in the room and woke me up - maybe a curtain over the window to the shower so I could have a lie in on my vacation?
The food and wine are the best we have ever had in an all inclusive - I hope the replacement for Beringer wines is as good.
There have been lots of reviews of the restaurants and much of it is subjective so I will not go into detail here. I will just say that we ate in every restaurant except Kimonos and never had a bad meal. Our favourites were the French (wonderful scallops and crème brulee), Butch's (great steaks) and Neptune's. The pizza at the swim up pool is wonderful.

I found the whole butler things very bizarre - we never had a problem booking Butch's, are more than capable of finding our own way around the resort without having to follow someone, and in the unlikely event someone didn't come and offer us a drink at our sunbed we didn't mind walking the 100 yards or so to the nearest bar - but if that's what you like go for it!
You did have to get up early to get a sun bed and some people did reserve them without using or not bother to remove their towels as they left. We did see Staff removing them on occasion. However to me that says more about the guests than Sandals. If everyone had the manners to only reserve what they were going to use and remove their towels when they had finished they would be plenty of beds to go around.

The beach is small (although very well kept) and being on the Atlantic the red flags were flying quite often - not a problem for us as we prefer pools but if you really like a good beach with calm water this may not be the resort for you.

The staff were amazing we would like to give special thanks to:
Clyde and Miriam in the pub
Allison and Reina in Neptune's
Jennika, Anthionetta and Crystal at the pool

In summary we had a wonderful vacation and will return someday.
The main thing that needs to be resolved is Sandals Admin.
* I tried to contact them about our reservation prior to leaving the UK and kept getting referred to the sales department . Very frustrating.
* The check in is rubbish
* As SSG we were invited to the returnees dinner the first week. I phoned to say it was on the night of our Wedding anniversary and we really wanted to have a romantic meal at Butch's. I thought we might be invited the second week but had no communication after that apart from a leaflet left in our room which said we were entitled to gifts and had a dedicated SSG rep but had no details as to how to contact them - so never got them
* I asked for a quote for a vacation next year and received no discount for being SSG
* Most of the time we had a leaflet left in the room to tell us when the restaurants were open and what activities were happening. However we didn't for the last few days and reception had run out. Surely it would be easy to have a central place where this information is displayed. I can image it can be very annoying if you are only visiting for a few days.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We travelled with three other couples for our Sandals initiation whilst following England Cricket in Grenada.
Overall we were mightily impressed with the Sandals experience, high class location and facilities backed up by an almost (see below) flawless eating, drinking, being entertained and generally excellent trip. The stars of the trip were REINA at the Neptunes bar (brilliant lady,
and superbly knowledgable re any sporting stuff on TV), RACHEL at the Italian restaurant who was lovely, attentive and great fun and Jamie on the front desk who showed that a little flexibility and quick decision making (re check out/departure times) go a long way. Thank you.
The overall location (10 mins from St Georges) and layout is very imaginative and we stayed in the South Sea's area (room 8115) with high class landscaping, relaxation and pools areas.

There are a couple of things which need fine tuning please:
1) Firstly, the WIFI is poor overall, patchy and very messy to log on to (and log on to again after 1 week). This was rubbed in by the offer of "premium" WIFI for $42 per week which, by definition confirms that the standard offering is not the best. Just offer it free Sandals, people have paid a fortune to be with you.
2) We had real problems early on with getting tables reserved/reserved at a reasonable time in the 7 restaurants for our party of 8. Neptunes in particular was not co-operative, having taken the booking earlier in the day but then not having a table free. This was addressed by seeing the location catering manager who designed a (reliable and very welcome) schedule for very night thereafter. This is simply solved, remove any rules around group size and booking time and then just be reliable when the customers arrive.

We had a great time, but it could have been perfect if a few staff were more prepared to be flexible and ignore silly rules.

Room Tip: The ground level rooms in South Sea's open directly on to the main walkway and are not very priv...
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We’ve been fortunate enough to visit Anguilla, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Playa de Carman, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos’. We’ve stayed at several Ritz Carlton’s, Westin’s, Zoetry, Cuisinart, etc., but we’ve never stayed at a Sandals until April 23, 2015. I was reluctant to stay at an all-inclusive chain like Sandals, but I could not have been more impressed. As I write my reviews of hotels, restaurants, etc. I try to think of the positive and negatives, but I am struggling to find any negatives. This place is truly awesome!
The grounds at Sandals are Immaculate! Turf, flowers, sand, etc., not a blade of grass out of place or a leaf on the ground. The topography of Grenada is hilly/mountainous so the hotel is perfectly laid out to take advantage of great views. The people of Grenada are so friendly and courteous. They always wish you good morning, good day, how are you, etc. The service is very good. Sandals does not abide by “island time,” they actually do things expeditiously. There are several restaurants at Sandals La Source: Butch’s steak house, Sushi, Japanese hibachi grill, Neptune’s, Spices and a daily pizza place for lunch and a French café. Butch’s steaks were excellent. So often, steak outside of the US is terrible, but we had excellent fillet’s and tasty lobster. Looking for something to critique, the beef steak tomatoes were not ideal, but all the sides were delicious and there was a nice assortment of wine. At the Sushi restaurant, the Sushi was fantastic- very fresh and good assortment. We did not eat at the Japanese, but we heard others loved it. Spices was more of a buffet and it had good food and tasty breakfast. I had the Pizza lunch one day for lunch and it was delicious. Made near the pool in a wood brick oven!
The pools were fantastic with all sorts of infinity looks, cascading waterfalls. One pool is very lively with swim up bar and water volley ball in the corner and super Jacuzzi. The chase lounges were extremely comfortable and clean. There was plenty of shade provided by canopies or umbrellas.
The beach is raked and sifted at least twice per day. It is a nice texture sand. Sandal’s la source built a barrier of rocks not far off the beach to protect the beach and the visitors. At first I was unsure if I would like this, but realized it was a brilliant idea. The area for swimming is so calm, there is no seaweed, there are no jellyfish, nothing, it is as if you were swimming in a brilliantly clear saltwater pool, but you are swimming in the Caribbean sea. We used the hobbie cat sail boats and they were in great condition, as were paddle boards, wind surfers, and other water sport equipment. There are plenty of chaise lounge chairs, towels and umbrellas on the beach.
At night, there is a good bar and dance floor in the middle of the property. The have bands or DJ’s.
There seems to be all sorts of level of rooms available. All of them are extremely nice, but mainly different sizes and accompaniments. Some have swim up pools, some have plunge pools, some rooms are individual villas with private pool. There are two AstroTurf tennis courts, a nice fitness center and a very nice spa for massages, facials, etc. All of the resort is in good condition, NOT a piece of paint peeling or dirty sidewalks. They keep it in tip top condition.
We had the room with the butler service which was very nice. I don’t think we took full advantage of their services, but they are so helpful and so polite. We were provided a cell phone with only one number: our butler, super cool. Call them from the beach, they will bring you sun tan lotion, beer or refreshments in a cooler, fresh towels, etc. They will make reservations for you, coordinate checkout, etc.
The weather is Grenada in April was amazing. 87 degrees every day with a great breeze to keep you cool. We took a jeep tour of the island and dip in the sulfur springs. The Jeep tour is a driver and you are in the back of an extended jeep. You stand up and feel the wind in your face while the guide tells you all about Grenada. It is a mountainous island. We drove from sea-level to 1910 feet in an hour. Grenada is a lush island with super friendly people. Would definitely recommend the jeep tour. One thing that we found great but somewhat odd…we rarely saw a bug! One mosquito in four days at the resort, not a single bug on the walk through forest to the sulfur springs, not a single bug tubing down the river. Amazing.
Sandals was a fabulous trip and ranks near the top of all of our holidays! Just can’t say enough about the friendly people, perfect grounds, good food, drinks, service, beach, pools, spa, etc. Enjoy!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I have been to two other resorts in the past and decided to renew our wedding vows and what better place than Sandals! We heard about Sandals LaSource Grenada and it sounded so beautiful! So we booked it with my Brother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law. Words can not describe what a beautiful place it is! Our Renewal Ceremony was so special thanks to Jennifer and the rest of the Bridal Staff! Jennifer was by my side the whole time. Our pictures came out beautiful thanks to Rondel!!!! Everything was done with beauty and class. We had a few hiccups but nothing major! Our honeymoon dinner was disappointing but the manager provided us with a lunch for our plane ride home. The Resort restaurant manager tried to make it right and decorated our room and provided a nice bottle of bubbly, but the problem with that was they decorated the wrong room! My brother-in-law's room was right next door and they decorated their room instead! But if that was the worse thing we were still ahead! The service in the restaurants was excellent! Melissa at Butches was wonderful and she also worked breakfast at Cucina Romana! Always had a smile! Arielle at Cucina Romana for breakfast was great too! Our favorite restaurants were Butches, Kimono's and Cucina Romana!! Everyone made us feel at home! We can't wait to go back. The resort Manager Peter Fraser was very nice. The beach is a bit small compared to some of Sandals other properties but beautiful!!!! My husband and I will definitely go back! We have made believers out of my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-Law! Thank you from the bottom of my husband and my heart for making our wedding renewal a dream come true!!! Thank You Sandals!!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I cannot say enough great things about this resort. To the clean, manicured landscape, beautiful weather, friendly staff and phenomenal food and drinks this was one of the best trips I have ever taken. Boota "president" from the water sports staff certainly made certain our group had a great time. He was so fantastic and on our Friday evening cruise he went well above and beyond our expectations regarding fabulous service! He and his staff really highlighted our trip with some great times! Also, a daily visit to Berwin at SOY for some fabulous sushi was also a must. He always greeted us with a "special" roll and Every time I was floored at how good it was! I loved everything about this trip and highly recommend it to others. Booked sandals Barbados next year- just hope it's even half as good as GrenAda!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!