“Excellent, but not quite Sandalized yet” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Winter Booking Bonus!
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in St. George's
Springfield, OH
“Excellent, but not quite Sandalized yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We visited LaSource 10 days in January 2015; 7 days of this stay were our free week that we earned. Flights to Grenada in a nutshell SUCK, but they are working to get earlier arrival times. We arrived at 9:30 pm. We stayed at a hotel in town and went to LaSource around 8:00 the next morning via taxi.

ROOM
Check-in was quick. Our room was not ready of course, so we just enjoyed the beach and resort until we could get into the room. We got into our room after lunch. We were in the Pink Gin Oceanview Penthouse Room and we had a fabulous view. The room and balcony are small, but for us it was fine; we don't spend much time in the room anyway. There are no dressers, only shelves in the closet and not many of those. It would be nice if they added at least one dresser to put clothes. We were in this room for 3 days when we were offered an upgrade after we had talked to one of the staff members at the Returning Guest dinner (we didn't complain, we just talked about how we loved the beach view and was happy with our room). The second room was still in the Pink Gin area but it was beachfront with a very large patio that was shared between 3 rooms (don't worry you have patio areas off your room that is hidden from the other rooms and there are curtains to pull for complete privacy). Other than the larger patio, concierge service, and beachfront, the room was the same as the original. We loved the large patio and sat out there every evening. We would not have moved if we given the option to move away from the oceanfront rooms.

RESTAURANTS
Butches is by far the best restaurant in our opinion. The steaks are some of the best we have ever eaten. My favorite was the surf and turf. Shout out to Latoya and Melissa. Latoya is such a happy go lucky person; she just makes you smile.

Le Jardinier is our second favorite. Mornings they serve sit down breakfast which is very good and it is in such an elegant setting. At night it is elegant and the service is superb. My favorite was the Chateaubriand; my husband's was the Bouillabaisse. Shout out to Natalie who gave us superb service and warm hugs.

Cucina Romana is also very good. I would like more tomato based dishes as I'm not fond of cream based foods. Service was excellent and overall the food is very good.

Neptunes was the best for lunch. Their catch of the day was so good. We ate lunch here more than anyplace. It is right on the beach so you get that great seaside atmosphere. The evening meal was a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but there was just something missing. There just wasn't a meal that really stood out as special. The service at Neptunes was among the best. Shout out to Pushadah (aka Pushy) and Adonnis. Both brightened our days.

Spices is the buffet place for breakfast and lunch. Good selection of food but to us it seemed small compared to other Sandals resorts. Jean makes the best omelets and is so much fun to talk to. The evening meal was of our least favorite. Again there just wasn't anything special that stood out on the menu. But as usual, the service was outstanding. This is also open late night for meals.

Tipsy Turtle is pub food. Good if you just want something small. We ate one night because I wanted to see if the bangers (sausage to us Americans) and mash were really British bangers. They were not like any we had in England when we lived there. Good service. Shout out to Johan (I may have mispelled his name); he brought us drinks without having to ask and we had a nice conversation with him.

Soy's and Kimono's we didn't try. We don't like sushi and we have been to several Kimono's. Kimono's is good if you like that kind of food and atmosphere.

Cafe De Paris is a great place for a cup of coffee and a pastry. The ladies here are very friendly and helpful. I feel bad that I didn't get their names but they were all very personable and helpful

Hot Dog stand nothing to write home about. It's quick and simple and they guy making the hot dogs acted like he would rather be someplace else.

BEACH
The beach isn't the best beach we have visited, but we found it very nice. Yes there are lots of shells etc, but we never had a problem with them. We just watched where we walked. We are beach people and never go to the pool. We also must have shade and we never had a problem finding it. If you go between the gazebo and the water sports shop there are plenty of chairs in the shade. We didn't find people saving chairs at 6:00 in the morning like other resorts. We didn't get to the beach until after 9:00 on a couple of days and still found chairs. The first 4 or 5 days we were there, the beach was almost deserted.

WATER SPORTS
We utilized the Hoby Cats and they were great fun. There was always a wind the whole 10 days we were at the resort. My husband went on a snorkeling trip and he said it was great. He had a good time. He brought his own snorkel and snorkeled in the swimming area and saw lots of fish.

STAFF
This resort has some of the best staff that we have ever encountered. They are so helpful and genuinely seem to care that you are having a good time.

SHOUT OUTS not mentioned above:
Claire and Kevin at Club Sandals; they were always there to help and always a smile.
Gary and Terence at the living room bar; Gary is a hoot and have Terence make you a Grenadian Sky
Silburn at baggage handling area; we had many conversations with him and he is a great guy
Mr Ritchie, the hotel manager. He is really concerned about what the guests think of the resort. We got to talk with him twice and he is doing a great job with the resort. We hope to see him again soon.

Room Tip: Pink Gin rooms are in the beach area. It is a Very Quiet Area. Get a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Roxboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just returned from a weeks vacation at Sandals LaSource Grenada. Our first recommendation is to book through Jennifer Byrne at The Tropical Travelers! She took care of everything and I mean everything! Jennifer took the time to get to know us and what we wanted specifically in a vacation. She was very patient with us while we asked her what seemed like a hundred times to check into different flight options, and while I sent her more than 20 emails asking questions from what to pack to wear to whether she knew which spa treatments would be best for us. We stayed in the Italian Oceanview Pent House Skypool Suite which includes Butler service. Jennifer even took the time to talk with our Butlers before we arrived to have our restaurant reservations and spa appointments booked. This was fantastic since our plane arrived at 9:30 pm and the last thing I wanted to do once I got there was make a weeks worth of reservations!

The Skypool Suite has a great view, BUT the water in the pool is cold! We were able to swim in it only 1 day while there. It is advertised as a heated pool, but technically, the pool is Solar Heated. We were on the top floor where it was able to receive amble sun and it was still very cold.

We had the best Butlers, Glendon and Renel! I have never met 2 more positive, upbeat helpful people! My husband and I happen to get in the elevator with a couple checking in with their Butler. We all rode in silence. This would have never happened with Glendon or Renel. Not only were they always in conversation with us, but they never passed another guest without saying Helllo. Since we had filled out the pre-arrival form and they had spoken with our travel Agent Jennifer, they knew everything and somehow remembered these small details. Everyday we had our chairs and coolers waiting for us without having to ask. We had nice treats left for us in the room. We even had a sweet message written out from "our twins" one day when they knew we were missing them a lot.

If you have any spa treatments, request Dawn and Marelene. Not only are they great therapist, but they are so much fun! We had the Night Jasmine Treatment, Facials, and Pedicures with them. They are a hoot! I wish I could remember the receptionist name. She is very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't recommend the Night Jasmine treatment as a couple massage. We originally had ours planned for the beach, but that night there was a beach party. Our other options were our room (where we would also here the party music) and the garden, which is where we choose. However we were all getting eaten my mosquitos. I realized the next few days that most nights it seems like there is an event on the beach which would be distracting while you try to relax.

We weren't overly thrilled with the food. We did enjoy Butch's Chophouse. After we discovered Le Jardinier for breakfast we ate there, which was a much better choice than the others. Dinos Pizzeria was delicious and what I ended up eating mostly for lunch, which is sad when there is 9 restuarants to choose from. Neptunes I hated to even step foot into because of the cats, everywhere. By far the best enjoyment we had was Kimonos. Our cook was so much fun and had everyone laughing. The servers were by far the best servers on the property. My husband commented that every time he took his last sip of beer another one was sat down in it's place. We never had to ask for anything, it's like they read our minds. I wish I could remember the cooks name, but I do remember he was from the Philippians. Our children love to eat at Japanese cooking shows and this was by far the best we have ever seen. We wish they could have enjoyed the experience with us.

The grounds here at absolutely beautiful! If you want an amazing view and place to walk and enjoy nature than this is a great choice. I not a fan of cats and they were a lot.

There does seem like someone is always asking you if you want your picture taken. We were not fond of this at all. It put us in an awkward position because we felt like we were always the only ones saying no.

If you decide to use the Butler service, be sure to ask for Glendon and Renel. You will find their personalities so refreshing!

I can't stress enough how helpful Jennifer with Tropical Travelers was. When booking this or any other vacation give her a call. You will really be impressed with how much she puts into making your vacation perfect.

Room Tip: If you want a SkyPool room that you will be able to swim in ask for one that gets the most sun. We...
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just spent a wonderful 9 days at Sandal LaSource Grenada. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful, and always had a smile on their face. The resort ha only 225 rooms so we never felt crowded and never had to wait to be seated in any of the restaurants. The beach is smaller than what some people may be accustomed to, but sufficient. Two large pools, one with a swim up bar. Although the resort is very close to the airport, the airport and planes were never really a distraction. We stayed in the Pink Gin Ocean Suite. The room was large, fresh and clean. Only down side was the view from the balcony was obstructed since we were only on the 2nd floor. If you take the elevator and some steps to the very top there is a nice public balcony with a small couch. Overall the resort was a nice size and everything was very accessible. This was our 4th Sandals and had the best amenities...probably because it is also the newest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Well we're to start this is a little late for a review but I would like to pass on my experience to any travellers thinking of going to sandals grenada I travelled to grenada in May last year a few months after its Grand Opening and WoW sandals have punched extremely high with this resort we were met by Glendon at the entrance to the resort who without hesitation welcomed us as if we were one of the family would have done we were checked in immediately and shown to our room a Bi level room with a swim up butler room one word Breath taking ok 2 words the new resteraunts are without a doubt beyond expectation with first class service and exquisite food. The week was restful and tranquil with fantastic evening local entertainment and the staff at this resort can not do enough to please we unfortunately came across one or two guests who were making issues out of nothing (some think that if they complain and moan sandals will upgrade rooms ect as a regular sandals visitor as with all holidays you get what you pay for ) I would like to say if you are reading this review wondering if grenada is for you if your looking for serenity and to be looked after like royalty for the duration of your stay do not look anywhere else. We also travelled the island on an organised tour with Dexter it was so so interesting his knowledge of the island and the people were fantastic we smiled and listened intently to everything he talked about and showed us from the healing springs to the river tubing a great experience I'm not the best at remembering names but I would like to thank my breakfast saviour the lady who cooked my omelettes daily they were beautiful and to the team in the red lane spa so good I had to go back twice and as above Glendon who made every day magical even on my Birthday I had cards and a cake waiting for me when I got back to my room later in the day Glendon you are a credit to yourself and a fantastic asset to sandals thank you. Well they made such a good impression I returned home and booked 2 more sandals holidays to barbados and Jamaica Grenada we will be back this really is a very special country

Room Tip: The only tip I can give you is if your thinking about visiting Grenada Sandals has excelled itself h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island N.Y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I forgot to review . Grenada had just opened and was amazing . The people are something special . They had also brought in help from other Sandals. The pool bar people were a lot of fun .We hope to return someday .

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Nice wee break in January for a week. From arriving at the airport to the hotel staff and taxi drivers the welcome was first class.

We stayed in one of the South Sea Hideaway with a veranda, when we got there we ordered for room service and was told $150. one of charge, we were not baulked of by this and glad we were not as we got our monies worth, we had tea, coffee and fresh croissants delivered to the room every morning at the back of 07:00hrs.

We also had a few things delivered in the evening using this service and the food and service for the room was first class.

The rooms are bright and spacious with a great comfortable bed, the shower room is excellent and clean towels every day with there own toiletries replenished everyday, so no need for your own.

The pool and bar area is first class once again and is very much the social hub of the complex, we met some great people and some we would now call friends. We are not normally ones for going away and make alliances with other couples but this is truly a place where it happens. I suppose you could come ere and have a quiet time of it and be your own couple but to be honest we are very sociable back home so it rubbed of on us with the other sociable couples.

The food is first class and there is 7 restaurants to choose from, anything form fish and chips to local spices to French and my favourite the lobster and steak. The only requirement dress wise was for a shirt to be worn at the lobster and steak restaurant. I forgot to pack mine but managed to purchase a shirt on site.

This is the only downside the beach in the brochure looks fantastic, well it isn't and this is only our preference as we like to go for a nice long walk on the beach but unfortunately the beach is so small that you could throw a ball to each other from one side to another.

As previously mentioned the staff were all excellent and couldn't do enough for you apart from the 2 girls at the returns desk where you go if you are a returning guest or wish to book another Sandals experience and it is an experience, it was great we had a great time and we wanted to come back. we couldn't wait to get away from these 2 girls, they were cold and just not really interested in us. Shame as the credit card was at the ready to book and pay for something else if we could get a deal, we were looking at Barbados!! These 2 girls must have been the only ones that we dealt with that were probably commissioned based and we just found then rude, couldn't get our heads around there sh***y attitude, no other word to describe them?!?!?!?

Kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was our first Sandals experience and it was good. We have done the beaches in Turks and Caicos and well it's hard to live up to that trip. We were aware that Sandals Grenada was new and it almost seemed like it wasn't sandalized. When we in Turks everyone bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we desired. Here no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a bottle of wine for our room in the evening. We were told it was a 375 dollar option to have alcohol in our room? I paid for an upgraded ocean view room so that we could sit on the balcony and sip a drink in the evening and then had to walk halfway across the resort to get a drink. Over all this was a minor hiccup. The food was amazing! Butchers was better than most steak houses I've eaten at back in Ontario. Soy's sushi was authentic Japanese,
and the pub grub was a great early evening snack.

The grounds were amazing never had trouble getting a prime spot by the pool and the weather is a constant 28 degrees 365 days a year the locals told us.

Our room was nice just had no where to unpack or set our suitcases so we were waking around stepping in and over them all week. For me no problem however my wife isnt a fan of living out of a suitcase.

The beach is mostly seashells and a little hard on the feet however the big waves made the swimming fun.

i have been to the beaches in Turks 2 years in a row because it blew us away. I will go back to Grenada some day but not until I've done all the other sandals resorts

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!