“Sandals Grenada” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in St. George's
Fishers, Indiana
“Sandals Grenada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We visited Sandals Grenada on our honeymoon during the first and second week of August 2014. First of all, we had an amazing time and have great memories from our trip! so here are the positives of the resort...

Positives
- Best food of any Sandals resort I have visited (quality dining that you would pay for at home)
- Friendly staff and locals similar to what I have always found at other Sandals resorts
- Main pool, hot tub, and swim up bar where we spent the majority of our time was top notch
- Very short drive from airport to resort (less than 5 minutes it seemed)
- Great swimming area in ocean protected from waves
- Amazing pool side room LOCATION (we could hear pool waterfall outside room when we opened our door in the morning.)
- Extremely nice room, very comfortable (although we didn't stay long in the room)
- Soaking tub on porch of room with curtain was awesome

Less than positive
- Very expensive relative to other great sandals resorts like St Lucia
- perhaps longest flight from US of any sandals resort
- in order to arrive in Grenada from US we had to fly to Toronto first to get in by midday and not waste a day traveling. Other flights from US to Grenada only arrived late evening which would be waste of money and waste of a day
- Resort is combination of new sandals resort and preexisting resort that Sandals bought. This didn't bother us but it did somewhat deter from the perception of Grenada being THE BEST Sandals resort. The old resort building has much smaller rooms we learned.
- The initial arrival and "drive in" to the entry of the resort was less than expected in terms of "wow" factor. Perhaps our expectations were so high from the unbelievable pictures online. However, once in we were settled in we were extremely happy.

Overall, this resort is new with all the "signs" that Sandals listens to their customers for what they want. Great couples hanging swings, great pool, great swim up bar, UNBELIEVABLE food, great rooms! for a relaxing all inclusive resort this is an outstanding option. For our next trip we will probably take a trip to Hawaii instead of going back considering how long the grenada flight is, and how expensive it is relatively speaking. Finally, the resorts seem to take on their own individual "brand". Grenada's brand seems to be great food and relaxation!

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Vincennes, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The resort is absolutely beautiful and the weather is amazing! Cant express how friendly and genuine everyone is at the resort and in the city! Our room was perfect, South Seas overlooking the waterfall pool. I could lay by the pool and walk to my room to use the restroom- which I recommend because they only poor bathroom is the one by the swim up bar.

We however being first time guests at the sandals resorts where kind of lost and not filled in on how things work. The only time they took great care to make sure I was informed is when we asked where to make dinner reservations. I had told them ahead of time of my many extreme food allergies. When we found the desk, I was amazed at how serious and thorough they were in planning my meals ahead around my extensive allergies. I usually am made to feel ashamed whenever I go out to eat and the chef has to come to the table. This is the only time in my entire life, I felt like they genuinely cared about making my meal enjoyable and safe. For this I will forever be a Sandals fan. I was so afraid to travel and have a hard time finding something to eat.

left in the dark- We did not know that we could add concierge service onto our room. If I had been offered upon checking in I would have paid the extra. The other reviews are true about not being able to do certain things without a butler. Im not keen on having someone wait on me, its just not the kind of person I am. I enjoy being able to do things for myself. Besides walking or swimming for a beverage burns a few calories lol. No one ever told us were to be or how to check in for our advanced booking tours. The entire 7 days we were there, I never had the pleasure of having a cabana. My husband (farmer) wakes with the sunrise and would go down to reserve a chair with an umbrella and everyday in the wee hours of the morning, the cabanas were already reserved. The umbrella lounges are hard to get too, but being up early we always managed to get one of those. The earlier you get up, the more peaceful and beautiful it is. Everyone seems to sleep in. Our room being right by the swim up bar pool was not loud at all. It was fun sitting on the balcony watching everyone party and wear down from the sun and spirits lol! Breakfast at the italian place was the best and so was dinner. We stumbled upon the pastry place and went every night! Probably a good thing we didnt know it was there for a few days. I can tell you that you will eat very well and if you dont exercise you will come home with extra baggage! If you have to visit the nurse, she is an angel! I will explain that later.

pros:
Friendly people everywhere! Food, accommodations, spa- oh my gosh I ended up getting 2 -90 min massages. Koi pond, view, pools,swings everywhere! Immaculate, not a weed or speck of dirt in sight! Dino's pizza- I ate it everyday but one! Balconies, flags,outdoor tubs, giant hot tub! All the towels at the pool are giant! work out center is top notch, new friends!wildlife-from afar lol
Security. Even out on our own we felt safe in town. warm waters and amazing breezes. I also loved the dress code- dressy at night! Butches steakhouse- only got to eat there once but it was amazing. All the food was way beyond my expectations. Your wine glass will never be empty- that can sneak up on you lol. Im highly allergic to flowers but didn't have any allergies to the ones on the resort????It was awesome to smell the beautiful fragrant flowers everyday. They smelled so sweet. It was a dream come true to stick my face in a flower!

bummers:

first timers: get a butler or you may miss out? Only because you dont know whats available?

drinks- only one choice of beer unless you went to the pub for one dark beer ? Beer is cheap??

watesports- no jet skies- bummer! Probably because of liability I understand that. No menu of what to do? I would have loved to take a sunset cruise or tool around the island on the water?need a brochure online please. we got reprimanded for going to far to the left on the paddle board. For good reason! There is a current that will take you out to sea. We had to climb into the boat from the board and were dropped off to the right. The water is clear and there are many rocks. To my shock we were dropped off above the most stingrays I have ever seen. We do the stingray shuffle at our beach house in florida so I am able to tell what they look like. I was told that the manta ray was probably a rock ( I saw him later that evening out on the boardwalk and he swam right over the ropes lol) I also saw a spotted eagle ray which I described and was then taken serious lol! They lovely men in charge went to investigate. I don't think they believed me lol. The red flags were up soon after.

beware of the hairdryer!. It actually works very well, but when i went to unplug it one morning the plug casing popped off and my thumb hit the fuse. I got quite a shock. I heard Im not the only one that has experienced this. They insisted I see the nurse. I had a small blister that went away. Later that day I went on the powerboat tour to see the underwater sculptures. It was the scariest day of my life! I was repeatedly stung by jellyfish (as well as the rest of the people in our group and my husband) as soon as I saw the first sculpture. Being the lucky person I am,allergic to shellfish and iodine I immediately started to swell. The young man on the boat poured vinegar on the stings and it took the pain away right away. My body and face however continued to swelll. I was taken back to the dock and the lovley french man at the dock took me back to the hotel in his personal car because the taxi had still not arrived. When I got back to the resort, the nurse was not where they took me. I told them I knew where her office was because I had already been there that morning from the shock. Needless to say, walking all over in my condition was less than pleasurable since I started to panic. The lovely nurse/angel suggested I go to the ER but I refused. She placed me on bed-rest. Now without a butler and no room service I couldn't go to eat. I called the manager and I was told I could have room service for 24hrs and they would call- guess what, they never called lol. It worked out for the best because getting up and getting food to go actually did me some good instead of laying around like a puffer fish lol. Still after being shocked and stung by a jellyfish, a little care would have been nice. The nurse checked on me for the next few days. She called,stopped by ect. I had alot of paperwork to fill out while on bedrest- that kinda sucked but I understand the importance of accident reports.

nightlife- I never knew what was going on! Again I stumble upon cool stuff. After our dinner on the beach we were walking back and saw the chocolate affair! It was awesome even though Im allergic, it was neat to see. I guess the entertainment happened every night at our reservation time?? The family room was hopping the first night we arrive and was large enough for dancing and socializing with the best of ocean breezes. After that, the dancing/dj occurred in the new pub that had just opened. It was way to small and hot to dance in. We enjoyed sitting at the pool bar at night were it was quiet and we could talk to our many friends we had met from all over. It closes at 10!!! Sometimes we would beg and they let us hang out while they were cleaning up, all the bartenders are sooooo cool and fun!I just wanted to sit and enjoy a drink. Im a night owl and it was sad that my evening always ended so soon as my husband just does not like loud music and tons of people crammed in a small space.

millipedes- yuck hope I never see one again the rest of my life unless Im in paradise at Sandals Grenada :)

I know my list of cons seems long but I have to say despite all the aweful things that happened I would defiantly come back to sandals. I wish some things had been handled better but its hard to be mad in paradise! We didn't get a soon come back like everyone else :( If I had been asked to make arrangements to join club sandals, I would have booked another trip right then and there.

The resort is by far the best of all their offerings according to seasoned sandals guests.They filled us in on everything that I feel we should have already known upon arrival. Oh well, its good to be adventurous. We had a great time and have lots of stories to share. I learned many things to look for next time.

Room Tip: Loved the location and size of our rooms:balcony with tub right by the waterfall swim up. we chose s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We loved this resort! We came on our honeymoon because we wanted to go someplace different than where our friends had been. We also liked the appeal of the resort being new. Our room was wonderful. Very clean and comfortable. We had a beachfront walkout and we were pleasantly surprised to find a soaking tub on our porch. We were not aware upon booking that we would have that. We did share our porch with the neighboring room though and there was a very thin divider so I didn't really want to be in my tub while the neighbors were outside. My only complaint about the room location was that it seemed to be next to the housekeeping closet. Numerous times when we would come and go from our room there would be several housekeepers sitting outside our door on the ledge talking and not working. They were friendly to us but it still didn't look very professional and it's a little uncomfortable to open your door to a group of people looking at you.

We had concierge level and everyone in Club Sandals was always so friendly and helpful, especially William and Claire. They helped us with any questions we had! We were supposed to have free wifi with concierge level. It worked for my husband but never for me and when it did work for him, it was so slow it hardly did anything. If I were to do it over I would probably just choose the standard level room. We thought we would use the room service more but be only did a few times. Other than the great concierge staff, I'm not sure it was worth the extra money to book this level room. If I were to do it over I would probably just choose the standard level room or splurge for the butler suite.

We made some friends while we were there and went on 2 excursions with them and had a great time! The tour guide we had on our private island tour, Michael, was fantastic. We loved all the restaurants we ate dinner at (Butch's, Soy, Kimonos, and Neptunes). I was a little disappointed that the 2 places we had breakfast at were just a buffet. We ended up getting room service most mornings because of this. We also loved the pizza place next to the pool for lunch. We did a candlelight dinner on the beach one night as well. We really enjoyed our waitress and enjoyed talking to her. The dinner was fun to do but I would not to it again. I did not think it was worth $170.

We went to the spa one day and had a couples massage that was included when we booked. I am not a huge spa person but this was a nice experience and very relaxing. They did try to sell us more massages and products afterward which I find to be obnoxious anywhere I go.

There was a photo shoot going on while we were there which didn't bother us too much. They closed different parts of the resort to shoot a few days while we were there. Rather than be frustrated by it we tried to make the most of it and even participated in a couple shoots. It was disheartening though to hear other guests bragging about getting free vacation nights and upgrades just by complaining to the management about the photo shoots. We heard multiple people say that they had done this and that was very frustrating for those of us who did not complain.

Overall, I would recommend this resort to anyone! It's a beautiful resort with friendly staff and great food. The island is beautiful. I would love to go back sometime!

Room Tip: Beach front walkout in the pink gin area was very close to everything. We also had a beautiful view...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I got back from our honeymoon a little over a week ago. The resort was absolutely amazing. We loved every aspect of it. It started off with a quick five minute ride from the airport, and after a long day of travel, it was perfect to have such a short trip. I see some others complained about the airport noise, but there were like 5 flights a day, so you heard them for maybe 2 minutes total a day, which is nothing. It didn't bother us. We were greeted upon our arrival by our wonderful butler Leanna, and she and Michael were absolutely perfect all week. They provided us with delicious snacks and drinks and went out of their way to make everything perfect. We tried every restaurant on the resort and each one was delicious, although Butch's was our favorite. Kimono's, Soy and La Jardinier were the next best. Spice's had a delicious breakfast buffet. You can't go wrong with any place though. We also did the Sunset Cruise and Sip and Sail and would recommend both of them. The underwater sculpture area for the Sip and Sail snorkeling was beautiful. We wanted to do the glass boat tour and snorkeling off of the resort but didn't have a chance to do so. We also had a special candlelight dinner on the beach one night, and it was absolutely delicious. Our waiter Kevin was so nice and accommodating-he was very attentive but also gave us the right amount of privacy.

We had such a great time and plan on coming back to renew our vows in five years...if not sooner.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our honeymoon was amazing!!! Sandals made every accommodation to make our stay wonderful including a honeymoon welcome. Red lane spa was worth every penny!!! Rooms were spacious and beautiful. We stayed in room category WB and it was perfect. We were able to walk out to the beach from our room and it had a soaking tub as well!!

The entertainment crew was tremendous!! Alanna, Alexis, laurel were so great!! They made us feel at home...

Sushi at Soy was amazing!!! Try the Geisha drink special there. Butch's steakhouse was equivalent to a 5 star flagship steakhouse. Service was second to none !!!

Ritchie who we believe is the general manager helped take care of a guest and did not allow him to ruin our experience. He was very approachable and helpful!!

Beach was a decent size. Pool with swim up bar was beautiful.

The "power your own powerboat" excursion was great!! Ride was a bit bumpy but the experience was wonderful including the snorkeling in which we got to see the underwater sculptures.

All in all another beautiful resort and great sandals experience!!!

Add: rum cream to bars
Add: more showers in the spa

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Really lovely place our infinity suite was out of this world and was cleaned every day our 2 butlers were amazing went totally out of their way to help it has its own private beach which was lovely as was the food totally relaxing place to stay highly recommend it

• Stayed June 2014
Selmer, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This resort is amazing. Service is fantastic. Our flight was delayed and we didn't get in till 10:15 and were hungry and tired. Our butler had a full course meal prepared by the pool, and our room was decorated for our anniversary! Peter and Shannell were the best, so friendly and thoughtful all week. Food was very good, resort was over the top clean, and the beach was beautiful. NOTHING bad about this place. We love LaToc in St. Lucia, but this may be better. Would highly recommend the 4X4 Jeep and river tubing and also the sunset cruise. Our room was the south seas one bedroom sanctuary with private pool. Very private, pool was beautiful, and the room was excellent. If you want privacy, this is the room for you. Can't wait to go back, we LOVE this resort.

Room Tip: If you want a room with privacy, choose the south seas honeymoon one bedroom butler suite with priva...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!