We visited Sandals Grenada on our honeymoon during the first and second week of August 2014. First of all, we had an amazing time and have great memories from our trip! so here are the positives of the resort...
- Best food of any Sandals resort I have visited (quality dining that you would pay for at home)
- Friendly staff and locals similar to what I have always found at other Sandals resorts
- Main pool, hot tub, and swim up bar where we spent the majority of our time was top notch
- Very short drive from airport to resort (less than 5 minutes it seemed)
- Great swimming area in ocean protected from waves
- Amazing pool side room LOCATION (we could hear pool waterfall outside room when we opened our door in the morning.)
- Extremely nice room, very comfortable (although we didn't stay long in the room)
- Soaking tub on porch of room with curtain was awesome
Less than positive
- Very expensive relative to other great sandals resorts like St Lucia
- perhaps longest flight from US of any sandals resort
- in order to arrive in Grenada from US we had to fly to Toronto first to get in by midday and not waste a day traveling. Other flights from US to Grenada only arrived late evening which would be waste of money and waste of a day
- Resort is combination of new sandals resort and preexisting resort that Sandals bought. This didn't bother us but it did somewhat deter from the perception of Grenada being THE BEST Sandals resort. The old resort building has much smaller rooms we learned.
- The initial arrival and "drive in" to the entry of the resort was less than expected in terms of "wow" factor. Perhaps our expectations were so high from the unbelievable pictures online. However, once in we were settled in we were extremely happy.
Overall, this resort is new with all the "signs" that Sandals listens to their customers for what they want. Great couples hanging swings, great pool, great swim up bar, UNBELIEVABLE food, great rooms! for a relaxing all inclusive resort this is an outstanding option. For our next trip we will probably take a trip to Hawaii instead of going back considering how long the grenada flight is, and how expensive it is relatively speaking. Finally, the resorts seem to take on their own individual "brand". Grenada's brand seems to be great food and relaxation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandals LaSource Grenada is an exotic, unspoiled hideaway that offers a romantic, authentic Caribbean experience while providing the Luxury Included amenities and exceptional service that have come to be associated with the Sandals Resorts experience. Known as the "Spice Isle," Grenada is a mesmerizing island with some of the most incredible natural wonders in the Caribbean from stunning beaches and waterfalls to lush rainforests and pristine mountain lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lasource Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Lasource Grenada St Georges
- La Source Grenada
- Grenada La Source
- Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort And Spa Saint George Parish