We loved this resort! We came on our honeymoon because we wanted to go someplace different than where our friends had been. We also liked the appeal of the resort being new. Our room was wonderful. Very clean and comfortable. We had a beachfront walkout and we were pleasantly surprised to find a soaking tub on our porch. We were not aware upon booking that we would have that. We did share our porch with the neighboring room though and there was a very thin divider so I didn't really want to be in my tub while the neighbors were outside. My only complaint about the room location was that it seemed to be next to the housekeeping closet. Numerous times when we would come and go from our room there would be several housekeepers sitting outside our door on the ledge talking and not working. They were friendly to us but it still didn't look very professional and it's a little uncomfortable to open your door to a group of people looking at you.
We had concierge level and everyone in Club Sandals was always so friendly and helpful, especially William and Claire. They helped us with any questions we had! We were supposed to have free wifi with concierge level. It worked for my husband but never for me and when it did work for him, it was so slow it hardly did anything. If I were to do it over I would probably just choose the standard level room. We thought we would use the room service more but be only did a few times. Other than the great concierge staff, I'm not sure it was worth the extra money to book this level room. If I were to do it over I would probably just choose the standard level room or splurge for the butler suite.
We made some friends while we were there and went on 2 excursions with them and had a great time! The tour guide we had on our private island tour, Michael, was fantastic. We loved all the restaurants we ate dinner at (Butch's, Soy, Kimonos, and Neptunes). I was a little disappointed that the 2 places we had breakfast at were just a buffet. We ended up getting room service most mornings because of this. We also loved the pizza place next to the pool for lunch. We did a candlelight dinner on the beach one night as well. We really enjoyed our waitress and enjoyed talking to her. The dinner was fun to do but I would not to it again. I did not think it was worth $170.
We went to the spa one day and had a couples massage that was included when we booked. I am not a huge spa person but this was a nice experience and very relaxing. They did try to sell us more massages and products afterward which I find to be obnoxious anywhere I go.
There was a photo shoot going on while we were there which didn't bother us too much. They closed different parts of the resort to shoot a few days while we were there. Rather than be frustrated by it we tried to make the most of it and even participated in a couple shoots. It was disheartening though to hear other guests bragging about getting free vacation nights and upgrades just by complaining to the management about the photo shoots. We heard multiple people say that they had done this and that was very frustrating for those of us who did not complain.
Overall, I would recommend this resort to anyone! It's a beautiful resort with friendly staff and great food. The island is beautiful. I would love to go back sometime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandals LaSource Grenada is an exotic, unspoiled hideaway that offers a romantic, authentic Caribbean experience while providing the Luxury Included amenities and exceptional service that have come to be associated with the Sandals Resorts experience. Known as the "Spice Isle," Grenada is a mesmerizing island with some of the most incredible natural wonders in the Caribbean from stunning beaches and waterfalls to lush rainforests and pristine mountain lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lasource Grenada Hotel St. George`s
- Lasource Grenada St Georges
- La Source Grenada
- Grenada La Source
- Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort And Spa Saint George Parish