“Nice hotel shame about the noise and the drunks.” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pink Gin Beach, St. George's, Grenada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 24 hotels in St. George's
bath
“Nice hotel shame about the noise and the drunks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We returned this morning from our holiday. We would not stay in the Southseas village part of the hotel again. We paid to upgrade to a tranquil jr. Suite with a walkout pool. The room was not as described, there wasn't an indoor dining area or indoor bath. The area we stayed in was not tranquil either, we could see the planes on the runway and see them taking off. The first plane departed at 5.45am each morning. In addition to this the main pool with swim up bar and loud music is in close proximity giving little tranquility to Southseas village.
I would only recommend this part of the resort to people who want to drink all day and like noise. We hadn't seen so many loud drunk people in a pool with the floats being used to rest their drinks on. The other pool, although not as nice to look at is quieter without the drunks.
The food and service were excellent and the staff work hard to meet guests needs.
The beach is windy and several,parasols blew over during our stay.
Also you have to be out of the room by 10. 30am for a 5pm flight to the UK. Charges apply for late check outs and you are taken to the airport three hours before the flight.
In all we enjoyed the restaurants, it is all very nice, new and clean with excellent staff but the management need to decide whether they are offering romantic breaks for couples or party time for people who like to be hammered for most of their vacation. We had not experienced the loud and intrusive behaviour for many years and didn't expect it at a 5 star hotel!

Room Tip: Don't book rooms in Southsea village if you enjoy a quiet romantic holiday. Book the pink Gynn o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Having been to the Sandals Grande Antigua, and Sandals La Toc St Lucia, when we heard about the new Sandals La Source we just had to pay it a visit.
Firstly, the drive from the airport is just 5 minutes - Perfect, especially if your flying from the UK.
With this in mind there is a little aircraft noise from time to time - However maybe once or twice a day? we didn't really notice it.

There wasn't one restaurant we did not like, and during our stay we visited the French 3 times for dinner (AMAZING) Jaslyn our waitress was very accommodating.
There are 2 pools - one very lively, with games and music, and one quiet one next to the beach.
We used both of them, and its great there is a variety.

All the staff were amazing, and couldn't do enough for you (as all the Sandals resorts we've been to)
The night time entertainment was good, but not as good as others we've been to. However, they are building a Crickerters pub - So once thats finish, which will be soon, it will be even better.

This resort was the perfect holiday choice, and so far I think my favourite Sandals Resort.

We will definately be recommending to everyone we know, and coming back ourselves :)

Townsend, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I traveled to Sandals La Source for a week in April 2014, it was our 3rd Sandals. I will break the review down into the following categories: Check-In, Room, Food, Entertainment/Nightlife, Pools, Beach, Excursions, Club Service, Return Guest Dinner, Check-out, Misc, Final Thoughts.

Check-In: The Flights to Grenada are not the greatest and we did not land till around 730pm in Grenada. However the travel from the airport to the resort was awesome, only 5 minutes. The
Check-In process was a little hectic as there were many guests just arriving and there was not enough organization as to where to go. After waiting about 15 minutes we were finally checked-in and taken to our room.

Room: At previous Sandals (Negril 2012 and Grande Antigua 2013) we had Club level rooms but felt like the amenities you get were not worth the price. This time we decided to go for a luxury room that was close to the pool bar. However we were being taken to our room we realized were not going in the direction of the room we had booked. Instead we were taken to the Italian village and then told we were given an upgrade to a butler level room, just without a butler. This was awesome because I honestly did not want a butler as I like to do things for myself even on vacation. I must say the butler room is very very nice, large bed and living room area, 2 tv’s and a spacious bathroom. Sandals really started things off well for us with this upgrade.

Food: The food at La Source is just amazing; however my experience comes with a few caveats. Of the 6 nights we ate, 3 were at Butches, 2 at Kimonos and the other was the Return Guest Dinner. I cannot comment much on the other restaurants for dinner but Eleanors had a really nice sit down breakfast. Tuscani’s and Spices have your typical breakfast buffet. Neptunes was average food and service took forever at lunch. Soy was great; I don’t eat seafood but there vegi rolls were awesome for a snack. They also have great drinks there. Café de Paris was great; I always love getting coffee/ice cream there. Dino’s had awesome pizza, we got lunch there almost every day and you can customize your pizza in many ways (just ask for the ingredients list). Have to give a shout-out to Christine at Dino’s, she has the same name and spelling as my wife and she always waved to us when we walked by. Now to the best part; Butch’s is by far the best restaurant at a Sandals I have been too. There steaks are so good and the pumpkin soup is just awesome, I wish I could have their recipe. Kimono’s was excellent as well. This was our first time eating there at a sandals and I wish we had gone to it before. We had no issues getting reservations at Butches or Kimono’s. In fact on our first night I was able to get us a reservation for 845 by just walking to the Hostess and asking. I do think though that because we were upgraded to a Butler room we may have had an easier time getting reservations but I cannot be certain about that.

Entertainment/Night-Life: This is probably the most lacking aspect of the resort. During the day there are some activities that go on (pool volley ball, trivia) but not nearly as many as at other sandals. The nightly entertainment was the biggest issue. They usually took place at the Living Room Bar, not the greatest location for organizing shows as there is limited seating and are all at the same level. Even the shows themselves didn’t seem to be that interesting as at other Sandals. It seemed like we were heading back to our room at 10 every night because there wasn't much going on. I hope that over time they will be able to refine the entertainment and improve the shows to up to par with other Sandals. Also there were talks that they will be adding a British Pub like at other Sandals which will definitely help with night-life. The Beach party on Friday night was awesome though, they need to build on that and make other nights similar and get the guests involved. I did have a nice long chat with one of the play makers (I wish I could remember her name) and she told me how she ended up getting the job and about some guests that had stayed at La source (the Sandals 6 and a guy that has over 600 nights). It was nice to be able to talk to the staff and learn about their culture and experiences.

Pools: La Source has 2 pools, the pool bar that is set further up the hill and the 0 entry pool by the beach. We stayed at the pool bar everyday was we like to lively atmosphere. This pool is very modern and really nice to sit at. It is also right by the Dino’s so getting pizza is easy. I got up at 7 every day to get chairs and was able to get good seats no problem. As the week went on it seemed like there were more guests and butlers claiming chairs but if you are willing to play the game you should be all set. They do have a policy that if butler reserved seats go un-claimed they remove the towels at 10am. This is the only Sandals I have seen actually do that (nice to see).

Beach: Some people complain about the beach sand color and the fact that there are many shells but I did not mind it at all. This beach is essentially private with barely any vendors. If you walk down to the right on the resort there is only a few small home so you can really get away and enjoy the scenery. We did kayaking along the shore and it was really great to see the tall cliffs and St George in the distance. We never sat at the beach but it seemed like there were always a lot of people sitting there.

Excursions: We did not do any excursions but people we met di go and see a sugar and chocolate factory and other sites which they enjoyed.

Club Service: Because we were upgraded to a Butler room we got the club service amenities as well. We used them to book our reservation with ease and were able to use the wifi. I still don’t think we will book higher than luxury in the future but if we get upgrade we will certainly not turn it down :).

Return Guest Dinner: This was our 2nd return guest dinner and it was really nice to sit with the Manager of the Club Lounge. I cannot remember her name but she had a British accent and had a lot of knowledge about the resort and the island. The food at the dinner was not that great, which was surprising since Butch’s and Kimonos were so good. We received a bottle of Appleton Rum as a gift, same as in Antigua.

Check-out: Again the flights from Grenada are awful and we had to check out at 5am. There was nothing open to get food so we had to buy some things at the airport to eat. This is not Sandals fault but hopefully as time goes on more flights will become available that will improve the travel times.

Misc: I had one item that doesn’t fit anywhere else and it is on the formal dining dress code. This states that men must where dress pants to dinner. I understand why they do this so that people do not where athletic shorts or swim where to a nice dinner. However, on White Night I had an all-white outfit picked but it was with white dress shorts. I knew the policy was pants only but I thought that since it was white night and my outfit was still very formal they would make an exception since I did not have white dress pants. When we got to Butch’s I was asked by the hostess if I could go back to my room to change into pants. I did not want to make a stink about it and disturb other guests so I had to walk all the way back to my room and change. This was very frustrating because my outfit with the dress shorts was very nice and was for White Night while there were people eating there with ripped jeans and regular t-shirts. This put a damper on the dinner and it left a bad taste as this was the 3rd time eating at Butch’s and the 1st 2 times were great. It is hot in the Caribbean so I feel like having to wear pants is a bit much. I agree with the policy but I feel that nice dress pants should be allowed at the discretion of the hostess. Another item I wanted to mention was that on certain days there was supposed to be feeding the fish with the Resort Manager, Peter Fraser, however we went on three different days and never saw him. If he is too busy then I wouldn't advertise it as an event because there were many people who wasted there time waiting.

Final Thoughts: La Source had awesome food, and we loved the pool but the entertainment really needs to improve for us to return in the future. I am optimistic that the addition of a British Pub and time for the resort to mature will greatly improve the Night-Life and we will return in a few years to see how things have changed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Paul & Sarah, UK
Honeymooners at Sandals La Source, Grenada from 23rd June to 7th July 2014.

The resort: 3 minutes transfer from Maurice Bishop airport to the resort. Our hearts sank when we realised just how close the hotel was from the planes. It seriously didn’t once bother us and the same opinion was upheld by all of the other couples that we broached the subject with. The resort itself is very well presented and maintained. It is very picturesque. Beautiful plants and trees are aplenty and all of the buildings are immaculate. The beach is beautiful and offers great views across the Caribbean to St George’s. There is no shortage of pools, bars, loungers, sofas, hammocks and nooks and crannies for couples to snuggle up and just chill. There are a couple of shops which are a little pricey but as long as you’ve bought enough sun cream with you, there’s little need to visit them as it is a luxury included holiday: You don’t want for anything.
The restaurants: Wow! You’ll pay a high price to dine at such restaurants back at home. They’re not kidding when they market their dining experiences as ‘gourmet’. It really is fantastic freshly cooked food served by the most attentive staff you could wish for. This applies to all of the many restaurants on site. The variety and quality is great and the price of the holiday is truly justified as a result. If you stayed elsewhere part board or in self-catering accommodation and aimed to eat in such style twice a day every day, the cost would likely exceed the Sandals all inclusive experience. We’d have easily paid £100 per evening meal for 14 nights back home for food and drink of that quality – not to mention the breakfast, lunch and copious amounts of cocktails supped throughout the day every day!
The accommodation: We were honeymooning so we booked something special and we were far from disappointed. The Rondoval with butler was an absolute winner. An attractive detached circular building with a straw roof; it boasts a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and provides ample privacy as opposed to staying in the main hotel building. The butler service is outstanding. Yes, it’s an expensive option but if, like us, you are marking a special occasion, then look no further than the Rondoval. There are a couple of more expensive options but they are not detached in the same way and do not offer the same level of privacy and seclusion. What a room!
The activities: The entertainment team are always up to something for those people who get restless just sitting around a pool all day. Pool volleyball being the highlight for us. Alexa organises at least a couple of games each day. Be warned: she is a massive cheat, so keep a close eye on the score and what she deems to be in or out of play. Mind you, she is always so pre-occupied with cheating that it pays to aim the ball toward her when you serve. The water sports are also excellent. The hobie cat is brilliant fun and comes at no additional cost. Get Travis to take you out on the hobie because he knows what he’s doing because you do sail a fair distance from the resort and if you don’t know what you’re doing you’ll spend half of your holiday in Venezuela. Definitely book the power boat and snorkelling combo. It’s offsite and comes at a cost but we thought it was one of the highlights of the honeymoon. Snorkelling happens at the underwater sculpture park which is very interesting but getting there is even more interesting…and adrenalin inducing. I won’t say anymore. If you’re able bodied and are not a big chicken, definitely sign up for it. Memorable!
The staff: We’ve saved the best ‘til last. They are simply all amazing. Nothing is too much for any of them. They go out of their way to help you. We were sceptical of Sandal’s no tipping policy before we arrived as we felt that service may suffer as a result. None of it. How wrong were we! From the second we jumped off the transfer bus and were greeted with hugs and smiles to the sad moment when they waved us off at the end of the holiday, they were extremely charming and personable. Our butlers, Shirley-Ann and Tamara were excellent at their jobs and took a very active interest in everything that we had done each day and everything that we had planned for the following day. They didn’t just stand around nodding and smiling, they consistently showed genuine care toward us and were determined that we were going to have the best honeymoon. We are not demanding people, we did not phone the butler every time we were parched in the blazing sun and frankly we didn’t need to. They would pop out from behind a bush more often than not with a cocktail in each hand! Their boss, Satar, was also a ray of sunshine on a daily basis. He would bounce around the resort with a smile as broad as his face looking to engage with the holidaymakers and make damn sure that they were happy with everything that Sandals was providing. How they single out an employee of the year annually must be a big job because the place is full of very competent, helpful and buoyant people. It really is worth going to La Source for that alone.
This was our first Sandals experience and definitely will not be our last. We spoke with a number of experienced Sandals holiday makers and the majority of them agreed that La Source is the best that the chain currently have to offer based on their many other trips to the other resorts.

Room Tip: Rondoval with Butler: No Contest! You get what you pay for in life. You get more than what you paid...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We traveled to Sandals LaSource for our honeymoon April 27-May 4 and had a less than fantastic trip. It was great that the resort was only 5 minutes from the airport..a huge plus after traveling for 15 hours. However, being first time Sandals guests, we expected much more for the money that we paid and the reputation that Sandals has. From the second we arrived, the rest of the vacation was mediocre at best. I was asked to re-fill out all of the information that I had already completed with on-line check in prior to arrival. What's the point of on-line check in? Second, the "class system" at Sandals was evident from the second we arrived - those who are returning customers are getting upgraded, those with butlers are being helped quicker etc. No one ever acknowledged that we were celebrating our honeymoon, and the complimentary flowers and breakfast that we were told we're included if we showed proof of our wedding (which I did 2 weeks prior to arrival) never happened. We happened to be staying at the resort during their grand opening celebration - which happened to shut down one of the pools, and 3-4 restaurants for an entire day to set up/hold the celebration. We should have been given some sort of warning about this prior to our arrival.

We stayed in a Pink Gin ocean view room - the room itself was very nice, modern and clean. Great ocean view. However, as a basic level room, this room didn't include room service - which was a huge negative after arriving at then resort after 8pm and 15 hours of travel. For the money we paid for the room, basic room service and wi-fi should be included.

We spent our whole week on the beach. We had no problem getting chairs with umbrellas, but we are early risers so I'm not sure if that helped. The beach was less than great as it's man-made, small, not white sands and it's extremely windy. We were hit with sand gusts a couple of times, and had no desire to participate in any of the water sports because of this - a huge shame since that's one of the main reasons to travel to an all-inclusive, especially Sandals.

It was slightly annoying to have staff from the spa soliciting services while we were relaxing on the beach..I'm well aware there's a spa, had seen the brochures in the room and didn't need people bothering me while I was relaxing.

The food was pretty good. I'm a picky eater and was able to find something everywhere. Butch's was amazing. I would have liked to see more "carry out" options like Dino's for those of us who didn't have room service.

The rest of our gripes come from the service. Somehow, we were never actually "checked in" or visible to the Sandals computer system..therefore, it's like we never existed - we had to call multiple occasions for housekeeping because no one was aware there were guests in that room. Our Wi-Fi (that we had to pay for) kept getting disconnected because of the flaw in the system, and the credit card that we put on file was useless since we technically didn't exist in the system. On the day of checkout, we stopped at the front desk in the morning to see what time our airport transfer was. We got a simple answer and went on our way. After dinner, I felt the need to check again - so we did. To our surprise, we were supposed to receive a checkout packet (which we never did - because we never existed in the system)..we were given detailed time info, and the representative took our name and room number for the airport list..we never would have known any of this if we hadn't known to ask again. Also, when we arrived on the morning of checkout, we still weren't even on their list again! Needless to say, we were more than eager to leave.

We were really disappointed in our vacation, and feel that we could have gone elsewhere and had a better vacation for way less money. Everyone we know who has traveled to a Sandals tells us that this isn't the norm for these resorts, but it would be hard to convince us to spend the money to try a different resort to find out. We were highly disappointed and we won't be recommending Sandals LaSource.

• Stayed April 2014
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals LaSource Grenada, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Toni,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about your honeymoon at Sandals LaSource and providing us with your helpful feedback. We were saddened to note that you had experienced a few glitches during your stay. Our staff members were diligently working to open the resort and make sure that all processes were running smoothly at that time but it seems as if you experienced some inconsistencies. For this, we apologize. Since your visit, many of these challenges have been resolved and I will share your comments with the resort management staff so that they can do some additional follow up to ensure that we do not receive similar feedback in the future. We do hope that you will return and allow us the opportunity to deliver the exceptional service for which we are known.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We traveled here June 10-18 for our honeymoon. We of course read the reviews and had some worries going in. All I can say is people really have nothing better to do the complain. This resort is absolutely perfect. It is beautifully landscaped, the buildings are gorgeous and the staff is amazing. We were upgraded to a rondoval suite and we were speechless. It was so beautiful and private. It truly made our honeymoon one of a kind. Thank you sandals!! The food is. Amazing. We don't eat fish or seafood and tried it here and it was very good! We ate at butchs twice and no, we had no issues making ANYreservations. The beach is beautiful. I don't know how long people want their beaches to be but it was just fine for us! There's black sand because it is a volcanic island. If you want flat lantern and white sand go to aruba or Turks. Grenada is a beautiful, lush country with the nicest people I've ever met. We. Did the jeep tour and river tubing excursion and had a great time seeing the island. We are certified scuba divers. So we did that a few times. Snorkeling was fun. Some of the bartenders are kind of slow by the pool bar, but Clyde was the best! He was so kind and made amazing drinks! The airport being so close did not bother us. It was nice having such a quick ride to the airport. It the airlines can get direct flights here without a layover, then i could say there is nothing wrong..but that's not sandals fault! Thank you again sandals for the most memorable trip!!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the rondoval suites and let me tell you, it's going to be hard staying in a...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We traveled to Sandals La Source Grenada for our honeymoon. It was an amazing week. We stayed in the Pink Gin building, which has be renovated and we loved it. The restaurants were all delicious. The Sandals staff was super friendly and very helpful when needed. We enjoyed the complementary watersports such as: paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing, and snorkeling. We went on the Lover's Sunset Cruise as an excursion, and would highly recommend it! The airport is a short five minutes away too! A special thanks to Beach Bum Vacations for helping us plan this wonderful trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals LaSource Grenada? Share your experiences!