If you are a Diver it’s even better , if you’re not it’s a great place to learn .
ScubaTech a great diving centre is on site.
We stayed here on the Bed and Breakfast tariff.
Canapes are delivered to room at 6:00pm , a complimentary drink from the bar and massage at the spa is included ,which is a nice touch. Cocktails every wednesday with the owners.
We stayed in one of the Westside suites which to our delight was right next to the beach.
Every morning started with a cup of tea in the room and maybe a swim before breakfast ,a shower in the wet room which was a great start to the day. It got better though as we were then served by Linda , who was lovely. She came out and laid or table ready for breakfast on our veranda , you get to choose what you want from a menu handed in the day before. The choice is impressive. Usually I had Fruit platter , omlete with fish , toast with some lovely nutmeg syrup , all washed down with tea.
For me I usually went diving while my wife relaxed on the beach or had a spa treatment..If we chose to go out for the day the hotel arranged the car hire for us , or a taxi , there are also some taxi drivers usually on site , or if they weren’t the reception called one for us. All the drivers we had were very good and safe , which is a good thing in Grenada.
The Rhodes restaurant is excellent great service , the Bash restaurant is also very good for lunch.
This is my ideal place to stay , it was a nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The owners really have created something special here , we can’t wait to get back there. Both my wife and I agree this is our best holiday yet, topping Fiji and Mauritius.
Grenada is a great island with very friendly people.
Visited 3/12/12 to 13/12/12
- Also Known As:
- The Calabash Hotel
- Calabash Hotel St Georges
- Calabash Hotel Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the Caribbean island of Grenada, known worldwide for its exceptional natural beauty, long white sand beaches and turquoise sea, is the luxury boutique hotel, Calabash. The Calabash Hotel combines five star service and luxury within a relaxed & intimate environment to create the ultimate Caribbean escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Calabash Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.